Neck Breakin' Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moose View Post
    My favorite moment neck breaking moment was in my e28 was when it was on the ACS and I was driving down a two lane road in the right lane. An SUV drives by and the rear window is down, and there is a kid who was probably 8-9 years old. He has his head out the window and the biggest smile on his face and is just staring at my car and doesn't look away for the whole 20-30 seconds they are beside us before I turn.

Mike was riding passenger at the time and we had a discussion about how that kids life was affected. The kid has no idea what type of car I have, no idea what was done to it that caused him to be so attracted to it, all he knows is that he now wants a cool car like that. I would like to think he will now be into cars. Felt good man.
    I had a similar scenario play out as well. Made me feel good and laugh my ass off at the time.
    I was in a band playing in a 'battle of the bands' show, that was held during a classic car show and Fair. I had a slammed, championship white, JDM converted type-R integra at the time. I was pulling in to unload my drums and whatnot, and a kid, maybe 8 to 10 yrs old, sitting in his dad's mint confition 50's corvette convertable, that was being showed, yells to his dad,while pointing, "NOW THAT'S A CAR!!"

I wanted to tell him that his dad;s car was way cooler, but I just laughed and waved at the kid and his dad.
    SLAMMED GARAGE
    slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

haha, these stories are great! keep them coming... i haven't broken necks yet... but I do have nice comments on my Corrado... they go like "NICE SCIROCCO MAN!" hahahaha.

Comment

Went to go pick up my brother from his HS, when I came home for Thanksgiving break (we had a week off), so I was in their senior parking lot talking to a few friends. As we are leaving I get a call asking if I could drive my friend home and they were where the busses are, I say sure why not, completely forgetting that there are mountains they call speed bumps in the bus loop. So I pull up and and my friend gets in, I have yet to negotiate the 2 mountains at this point. A few people are looking saying that my car was really low, blah blah blah. Anyway, we set off, now there are 3 people in my car, so its even lower than usual (love you ebay suspenion -_-), and we are coming up to the bumps. First bump I scrape HARD, no matter how much angle I got it would not have mattered (short but stupid high bumps), at this point at least 50 people are staring at me, cause the next bump is even bigger. So we get to that, I go over, the car just sits down on the bump right after my front wheels go over, I nail it and finally the fronts catch enough and pull us the rest of the way over (not before making a ton of smoke), right next to the school principal, and about 300 other people.

I couldn't help but smile the entire time, one of the best experiences driving ever. My brother tells me that kids still talk about it to this day. And this was in my lameass Integra.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

once,i looked in the mirror.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
          you sir, win this battle.
          “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
            So one time, I was driving Rusty....
            Hahaha, I can imagine.

I was sitting at a McDonalds drive thru, 2 dudes walk past holding bags of food one points out the car to his mate who then looks, trips over a gutter huge stumble food on floor. Huge lol's from the cabin of my car.

My car isn't even that great.
            Flickr

Comment

I break necks everytime I roll down East Carson Street in the South side of Pittsburgh. It's a trendy place, all kinds of bars, restaurants, and fancy/vintage/trendy stores. On Friday or Saturday nights I used to ride through in 2nd gear at about 25-30 MPH. My car has straight pipes. It's not in good shape, but at night, from about 25 feet... it might look good. It's loud regardless, and everyone usually takes a peek. Especially when people have just gotten out of their car, locked it, and are on the move when I drive by and set the alarm off.

Seriously though... Broke necks from Pittsburgh, PA to Columbus, OH... and back one day. My buddy was driving his 2008 Gallardo Superleggera, another friend was driving (the Lambo owners other car) a 2007 BMW M6 Convertible with giant carbon fiber 360forged wheels (as well as ACS stuff and an Eisenmann Race Exhaust), and I drove (the guy who was driving the M6's) '06 Saleen S-281 SC Mustang (which was upgraded to S-281 Extreme specs, 550 HP). People were so damn annoying, boxing us in and taking pictures (mostly of the Lambo and M6, but a few of the car I was in as well.) Maybe it's a good thing I don't drive a nice car, my friend says it happens constantly on the road.

Car 1:

Car 2:

Car 3: (me driving)

Comment

^^^ thats insane dude
                tumblr
                myata

Comment

Decided to pull into the carpool parking lot which is the closest lot to my school. I had never done so neither have I done it again for there is a fat speedbump. On the way out, when everyone is let out of school and on the edge of the curb (200 kids or so), I hit the speedbump sideways and my car's underbody just sits on the speedbump causing a cacophony. Everyone stares me down and I leave a massive gauge in the bump causing my principal to yell at me and start walking towards my car. That was when I decided to gun it and take off before he could have a "chat" with me regarding what had just happened.

Even better...I was cruising on the 405 freeway one time and I see a ferrari f430 scuderia creep behind me and slowly pass me by the side. Some guido lookin rich boy with some hot beezy were in the car. The girl stared at my car the entire time as they passed slowly. To me, it looked like the guy was trying to tell her something but her eyes were captivated by my fitment. I would like to think that was the case. Hahha

Last but not least, a police officer rubber necked my car and triple took it before he flipped a u-turn to pull me over for driving too low. He came up to my window and told me that my car was a neck breaker and ended up not giving me a ticket even though I have about 15 potential aspects that can lead to getting written up and fined.
                  Originally posted by mrfobbyaccent
                  i'm sorreh AWWPEHH
                  | 95 e36 M3-sold POS | 98 e36 M3-track rat RIP ;( | 90 NA Eunos-lookatme car |

Comment

Kielan can attest to this, I drifted into a parking space in the McDonalds parking lot, I think most people in the pickup line were just confused, although they were all staring at me. I got out and did the
                    The world is seldom simple, and life is never easy.

Comment

It was comical.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

People love the green =D
                        4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                          Driving home from Waterfest this year, we drove through Manhattan via 34th St as usual. For those of you who don't know, 34th St on the west side of the city by 7th and 8th Ave is always super crowded with Penn Station and MSG being right there. We were sitting there in a row of slammed VWs and Audis at a light and multiple people started pulling out cameras and snapping away haha
                          god damn it, this would coincidentally be my story also.

good times
                          Last edited by Jesus Christ; 02-08-2011, 10:20 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

everybody broke their necks when he walked on water^^^
                            1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
                            2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
                            flickr

Comment

Originally posted by kevinc View Post
                              everybody broke their necks when he walked on water^^^
                              not everybody can walk on water?

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

dude welcome back to earth, no we can't. We can't heal blind people either.

but it seems some people have pulled off being born by "virgins"
                                1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
                                2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
                                flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X