The Amazing Race: Fitness Thread / Work-Out Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
    im at 235lb for deads. not bad for just starting lol.
    not at all. I think my heavy set is going to be like 375 or 385 tomorrow. my dead lifting is the most disappointing of my lifts lol. my form must be off, cause i squat way more than i dead lift
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• 252lbs. 4days in, Sub 2000cals a day and most of that is Protein, Not bad so far. Lets see if this keeps up
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• I've been trying to stay off the scale and just go with how I feel. Like at the beginning of the week I was 189 or something and yesterday I was 194. I know a lot of it is water or whatever. Honestly I'm more focused on becoming a certain bodyfat as opposed to having a goal weight. Don't get me wrong though, if I could stay above 190 and get down to 10% bf, I'd be happier than hell.

I'm just going to continue eating clean and carb cycling. I eat roughly 700 more calories on lift days than I do on non lift days. Usually one meal a week I'll have a cheat meal and maybe even some ice cream. Your body needs that shit once and a while for hormone production.

One thing I'm learning is it just takes time to lean down. Cardio and most importantly nutrition is key, but also letting yourself indulge once a week (within reason) keeps me from getting burnt out.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Im just trying to get rid of this Fat, Hence why Im doing the Stack lol. Chances are at 200ish I'll look pretty cut compared to now

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• For the first time in a year, I failed a squat today. wasnt able to get my last rep of 430 up. I havent been eating the last 4 or so days (long story resulting in no money for groceries) so Im sure that was why. I'll get that shit next week. In other news I did an easy 3 sets of shrugs with 315 and upped my pulldowns to 200 today

Comment

• I really wish my gym had more machines.Especially one for shrugs. It sucks trying to shrug 100+ pound DB's with no grip lol Started using a barbell and plates though

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                For the first time in a year, I failed a squat today. wasnt able to get my last rep of 430 up. I havent been eating the last 4 or so days (long story resulting in no money for groceries) so Im sure that was why. I'll get that shit next week. In other news I did an easy 3 sets of shrugs with 315 and upped my pulldowns to 200 today
                Shit that's some weight on squats. I'd be happy with a 355 max haha. Deads have always been more of my strong suit. But, I did get 255 three times on bench today and I am pretty damn happy about that. I'm hoping I can get a 275 max.

Comment

I really wish my gym had more machines.Especially one for shrugs. It sucks trying to shrug 100+ pound DB's with no grip lol Started using a barbell and plates though
                  I just use a barbell for shrugs. 3 plates on each side. I put the guides on the squat rack at about knee level and rest the bar there when Im resting

Comment

• Originally posted by JLowery28 View Post
                    Shit that's some weight on squats. I'd be happy with a 355 max haha. Deads have always been more of my strong suit. But, I did get 255 three times on bench today and I am pretty damn happy about that. I'm hoping I can get a 275 max.
                    Im built for squats lol. this week I think Im dead lifting 405x5 for my heavy set. I need some chalk though. And my bench is 300x3 tomorrow. or at least thats what Im going for.

Comment

• Almost done with the shortcut to size.

Going to do it again but just switch up the workouts. Like instead of doing regular BB bench, I'll do DB bench for 4 weeks, then BB bench for 4 weeks, and then back to DB bench for the last 4. I'll make adjustments like that for each workout which should allow me to keep growing and gaining. I also want to incorporate deadlifts into the workout as I miss doing them.

As for everything else I think I'll keep it the same. I've got my diet and supps pretty well sorted finally. I've been on Creatine for 10 days so far and I'm starting to feel a difference in 'the pump.' I loaded for 5 days like it said to now I just take 5 g's post workout. My weight has pretty much stayed the same (was 191 this morning) and I continue to drink at least a gallon of water each day. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but that's what I shoot for.

Also, I think I am going to add this to my supp plan:

CLA. Sounds like it's a good, safe, reliable fat burner you can use year round unlike other fat burners. Also it's not really a traditional fat burner, just a chain of Omega fats that help you loose fat and add mass.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I need to eat more. Im failing lifts like a faggot.

anyone use chalk? Im on the fence between regular chalk and liquid chalk. Leaning towards the liquid stuff

Comment

• We have chalk at the gym I go to.

I know I've had a good day lifting when I get home and it looks like I was beaten with chalk erasers. For real though it makes a mess but I **** sweaty hands and I'm sure as hell not using gloves.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• We don't have Chalk, Not allowed to use it either. My Gym's pretty picky lol. Gloves and straps only. Also Got to watch out if making shakes there if they catch you spill a drop that's the last one. I just go bare hand but might switch to gloves.

Today Im going to try some Barbell Rows along with some behind the back Barbell shoulder shrugs

Comment

• gloves are the worst. cant grip for shit. my main issue is that on my last 2 dead lifts of my heavy set, the bar starts to slip from my grip. so Im missing the lift cause of my sweaty hand, not cause of lack of strength

Comment

We don't have Chalk, Not allowed to use it either. My Gym's pretty picky lol. Gloves and straps only. Also Got to watch out if making shakes there if they catch you spill a drop that's the last one. I just go bare hand but might switch to gloves.

Today Im going to try some Barbell Rows along with some behind the back Barbell shoulder shrugs
                                Do a pendlay row. rest the bar on the ground in between each rep like a dead lift. they rock

Comment

Working...
                                X