No announcement yet.

The Amazing Race: Fitness Thread / Work-Out Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn James, you are fricken solid. Nice work man.

I have been drinking about a gallon of water a day for the past couple weeks to keep hydrated really well as I finish out this workout. I leave for a cruise on Friday so my water intake will drop so I should look less bloated for the cruise. Here are some current pics:

Pic on the left is natural and pic on the right is flexing my core:

Like I've said before, I think I'm around the mid to upper teens body fat wise right now. Not too bad considering 2 years ago I was 50 lbs heavier with not nearly as much muscle.

Once I finish the shortcut to shred workout, I am going to start this:

From the labs of Yale University to the most hardcore gyms in America, Jim Stoppani has devoted his entire career to the science of building muscle and burning fat. He's helped millions transform their lives, and now it's your turn.

It's a 12 week size program that has 4 lifting days and 'active rest' days. On the active rest days I will do some moderate cardio for 2 days then have one full rest day with the exception of a 2 mile walk. I think the combination of the workout and cardo will allow me to keep gaining size and keep leaning out.

While doing that workout I think this is the diet/supplement plan I am going to work with:

AM (1 hour pre workout, about 6:45 am)
    -1/2 cup oats

30 minutes before workout;
    - Whey protein shake, caffeine, green tea

Post workout
    -Whey shake

Post meal(around 10am):
    -5 egg whites
    -3 whole eggs
    -1 slice wheat toast
    -Fish oil

Snack before work (about 11:30 am):
    -8 oz 0% fat greek yogurt
    -1 casein shake

At about 12:30 I'll do more green tea and caffeine

Meal 2 (around 2 pm)
    -6 oz albacore tuna
    -1 cup greens (spinach/field greens)
    -Little olive oil on the greens

Snack (about 4:30)
    -Handfull of almonds
    -Whey shake

Meal 3 (about 6:30 pm)
    -8-10 oz of chicken
    -1 cup brown rice
    -Maybe some more greens, broccoli, etc.

Before bed (around 10 pm)
    -Casein shake

With that diet I should be around 250 g of protein per day which should feed my muscles pretty well.

If anyone has any more suggestions, please feel free to chime in. I feel it's a pretty decent diet for what I am going for.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• That diet plan looks good. I really wish I could plan all my meals out like that. I usually eat really clean, but its always changing, I rarely eat the same things 2 days in a row depending on if I'm working or not. I'm actually going to do the shortcut to size program too. I looked it up last night and I've done something similarly phased but more spaced out, it was in 3 phases and you were supposed to time it 4 months before a special event. Like spring break or something similar. 1 month was high rep low weight, with 30 seconds rest between sets. The second month was slightly more weight with a few less reps and a slightly longer rest period between sets. The third month was high weight super low reps with a 1:30-2 minute rest. Then it was another few weeks of high rep low weight while supplementing creatine. The idea is to build muscle while gaining little strength, then a transition phase kind of an inbetween thing, and then a phase to make the muscle dense and to cut the weight down. Finally you would switch back to the first phase while supplementing creatine to pump the muscles up while keeping the diet very lean. It was alright, but not good for making significant gains in muscle or strength. It was all superficial. But the shortcut to size workout seems perfect for what I'm trying to do. I am changing out his diet plan to comply with my intermittent fasting but that's really personal preference. I hit the chest/tricep/calves workout today and it was pretty good. I liked it.

Comment

• j- any BJJ specific supplement regimes you could recommend? at the moment i'm just taking whey post-training along with fish oil, glucosamine, vitamin d and a multi.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnytsunami View Post
          j- any BJJ specific supplement regimes you could recommend? at the moment i'm just taking whey post-training along with fish oil, glucosamine, vitamin d and a multi.
          Really you've got most of your bases covered with those. I've been going the extra mile and taking a tri-flex pill. It's for joint health, considering many of the submissions are stressful on joints along with the stress of weight lifting. The fish oil you're taking can do the same things but I take both just to free up the fish oil for other uses. Fish oil is a natural anti inflammatory and it actually can help raise your overall testosterone levels and free testosterone levels. I personally take an acidophilus supplement & a garlic supplement. Acidophilus is a probiotic and the garlic is supposed to help with various things. I really take them just to avoid getting ringworm.

Comment

• so on Day 2 of this new Routine. Feels weird only being at the gym for 2 workouts( tecnically 4, 2 diff ones for each routine). Only takes me around 40min
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Originally posted by JLowery28 View Post
              Really you've got most of your bases covered with those. I've been going the extra mile and taking a tri-flex pill. It's for joint health, considering many of the submissions are stressful on joints along with the stress of weight lifting. The fish oil you're taking can do the same things but I take both just to free up the fish oil for other uses. Fish oil is a natural anti inflammatory and it actually can help raise your overall testosterone levels and free testosterone levels. I personally take an acidophilus supplement & a garlic supplement. Acidophilus is a probiotic and the garlic is supposed to help with various things. I really take them just to avoid getting ringworm.
              awesome, thank you kindly.

Comment

• Accidentally bought a Creatine Mix. Only contains 5grams per 54g scoop. Sucks I noticed After I had a scoop. Guess I'll use it up and make sure its pure next time

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• 2nd week of this new routine. Woo

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                    I Just started a new routine.
                    Day1/4 - Triceps and Chest
                    Day2/5 - Back and Biceps
                    Day3/6 - Legs and shoulders
                    Day 7 Cardio or Rest
                    Same as me.

Started up again last night after a few months off (moved house so gym location changed and only just got round to joining back up elsewhere)

Good to be back, arms are killing today lol
                    -SW|UK-
                    Education - Knowledge - Power
                    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• haha, Im on Say 2 right now. Works pretty good too As I go away on Weekends and its only really Leg/shoulders I miss. But even then I try to do something for them.

Comment

• My trick for a 3 workout split was two days on and one day off. The idea for that was so when I come back from a rest day I wasn't working the same things. For example:
                        Monday-push day (chest shoulders triceps)
                        Tuesday- pull day (back biceps)
                        Wednesday- off
                        Thursday- legs
                        Friday- push day
                        Saturday- off
                        Sunday-pull days
                        Monday- legs
                        Etc. etc.

So you can see that everytime after a rest day my workouts were rotating. Most people work chest Monday and continue their weekly workout or what have you, take the weekend off and come back rested only to hit chest again. So week after week their chest gets the best workout while other days suffer from fatigue. I saw my most significant gains on this program because I was overtraining and not getting nearly enough rest on my previous workout plans.

Comment

• Ive noticed Ive gained a couple pounds in the past week Probably just water weight from all the Creatine and water.

Comment

Ive noticed Ive gained a couple pounds in the past week Probably just water weight from all the Creatine and water.
                            stupid creatine!
                            Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Ive noticed Ive gained a couple pounds in the past week Probably just water weight from all the Creatine and water.
                              That's the great thing about creatine. Because it pumps water into your muscles, they stay hydrated and get more of the nutrients they need to grow.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLowery28 View Post
                                That's the great thing about creatine. Because it pumps water into your muscles, they stay hydrated and get more of the nutrients they need to grow.
                                yeah, Good thing Im a week into a month of Creatine. Then Im off for a month. It's Supposed to help me Cut!

Comment

Working...
                                X