X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dom_J View Post
    Thank you sir....and your a smart man!

Whats hard to understand about owning the real thing? You got the best wheel. Simple.

...do you have the BEST possible engine Nissan offers in your 240, on the BEST possible Suspension on the BEST possible wheels you can find? Did you buy all this this stuff NEW?? Better yet, you've probably broken stuff before, I know you just didn't settle w/autoparts stuff, you went and got the BEST possible replacements from Nissan, right? Every day all day you wear your BEST clothes right.

This is where I kinda eat my words a little but no one brought it up yet, this movement is SOMEWHAT hand-in-hand with Image/style/swagger etc...the image you portray with you vehicle is a major part of this scene, rocking fakes CAN kinda hinder that image in the mind of many which is understandable.

How are you gonna say "you gotta pay to play," when your probably rocking a set of used wheels, a welded diff, and a bland suspension set-up because it got low? Unless you gotta built to the hilt Turbo KA, Sr20, RB, I'm not seeing it from your avatar. What would be upsetting is if your wheels have more money into em that your engine does.

This ain't bootleg movies, bootleg Jordans, fake Gucci boots/hats etc etc. These are damn WHEELS, wheels from average guys barely getting by feeding their need to live that dream of the hot vehicle they picture in their head and all the dudes who got great deals on USED wheels are the first to call out a dudes on knock-offs

I mean no disrespect to you but this subject just rubs me wrong, I'm seeing ppl saying "fuck fakes" for ALL the wrong reasons, and its disturbing. I myself am a sore loser and tend to want the best shit when it comes to certain things so I can understand why some ppl would **** fakes and turn what wheels you have into a dick measuring contest, every automotive fashion has it. Time to let the big money guys take over at this stuff too I guess, eeh, oh well...

Exactly!

Like I said earlier, this movement is runs hand it hand with IMAGE, what do you care about most, if it LOOKS/functions(by function; looking the part) good or you got the most expensive stuff?

I miss the real automotive enthusiast....

I stopped reading most of the magazine because they got away from the real tuner, and kept featuring the same ppls cars over and over again because of friendships/sponsors and big name manufacturer nuthuggers, now the same shit is happening on the net too, guess its inevitable...fuck it, I'm getting a old chevy or something, those guys rarely crack open a laptop haha.

i **** that you keep making ppl that like real wheels seem like "nutthuggers" or "douchebags" there are some ppl that are serious about there wheels just like there are some ppl that are serious about there shoes.. i dont feel the need to own 30 diffrent pairs of kicks but some ppl do, you dont care about wheels but i do, does that make me think im better than you? no. does that not make me a "true automotive enthusiast'? no. your comparing apples to oranges here, theres no "knock off" of a welded diff, theres no "knock off" of an SR20 or RB motor and if there was and i had a nissan i wouldnt rock it, it seems like the ppl that get most butt hurt about this subject are those that have never had real wheels. Its simple you dont get it. you dont get what its like to save for months to have somethin you really want and for home boy down the street to buy the reps of your wheels with a 2wk paycheck..

as seandub said..

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
    At the end of the day you can always buy Rotas if that's what you want to do, and at the end of the day, those of us who are serious about wheels, will laugh at you.

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
    form>function
    "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

Originally posted by balleur View Post
      i **** that you keep making ppl that like real wheels seem like "nutthuggers" or "douchebags" there are some ppl that are serious about there wheels just like there are some ppl that are serious about there shoes.. i dont feel the need to own 30 diffrent pairs of kicks but some ppl do, you dont care about wheels but i do, does that make me think im better than you? no. does that not make me a "true automotive enthusiast'? no. your comparing apples to oranges here, theres no "knock off" of a welded diff, theres no "knock off" of an SR20 or RB motor and if there was and i had a nissan i wouldnt rock it, it seems like the ppl that get most butt hurt about this subject are those that have never had real wheels. Its simple you dont get it. you dont get what its like to save for months to have somethin you really want and for home boy down the street to buy the reps of your wheels with a 2wk paycheck..

as seandub said..
      Honestly, why would it "bother" you the kid down the street bought reps for his vehicle, past just laughing at him?

I dig what your saying....didnt intend to put all people who like "real wheels" in that category, only the ones who make it a mission to put ppl down who go w/Rotas or something like their ripping off the industry. As said before anyone faking the funk rocking fake stickers on fake wheels are in another category entirely. This Nissan examples were more directed at using the "best of the best" / "you gotta pay to play" mentality, if your gonna do it big, do it ALL the way is how I feel.

I can understand you would get a feeling of great accomplishment by saving up the pennies and getting those real wheels you've been wanting forever(I have the same issue w/shoes) but because of that, does it mean you have to put buddy down the street down because he couldn't fathom the idea of paying 2k plus for the real ones ya know. When I see someone rocking fake Jordans I'm like "haha, those arent real #3's" then go about my day. Those are the guys I have an issue with because they're tryna fool ppl into thinking their rocking real Jordans when their not. With that said, I see why you would laugh at guys with fake wheels because its a big deal to you, totally understandable. I WAS MISGUIDED before(thinking all wheels are made equal), real wheels ARE the way to go, no doubt, no argument on that.

People(Aaron & Petis) put it right early, it pertains to your vehicle and the caliber of its build more than anything. Then again, at that point its more of a pride thing, only you know if you feel bad about putting whatever wheels on your car after your build.
      Last edited by Dom_J; 02-07-2010, 01:02 PM.
      E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        At the end of the day you can always buy Rotas if that's what you want to do, and at the end of the day, those of us who are serious about wheels, will laugh at you.
        That's fine. But I will be the one blowing your doors off because I'd rather spend $2,000 on engine performance mods

Comment

Honestly, if the wheels look nice, who cares. I have never had ANYONE come up to me and talk shit about my wheels being rotas. Say it on the internet though...
          Last edited by Logan; 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

^ I would NEVER laugh at/**** on someone with Rotas on there car unless they were being a prick about it. Say if someone else with a TSX tried to shit talk about their car being "cooler/having better stance/wider wheels"... then I would possibly use the, "well at least I'm not rockin' Rotas lol" but other than that.... if you don't try to say they are something they aren't then I have no issues with them at all. I used to roll Rotas on 3 of my previous cars. Granted they were all lower end Hondas, but if I was building a drift spec, beat to shit s13, I could see myself buying Rotas, as I know I will destroy them at some point...., but it would be cooler/nicer/better appreciated if it was rolling on "real" wheels.

but again... like I said before... I will NEVER put Rotas on a car I plan to show. EVER!!

and BTW Logan...... saying you will beat Sean in a race is the DUMBEST FUCKING THING I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY. Sean isn't building a racecar, neither am I. beating a car that was never performance built, in a race proves nothing other than the fact that you are being REALLY IMMATURE.
            Last edited by Petis; 02-07-2010, 01:08 PM.
            SLAMMED GARAGE
            slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

LMFAO @ your Sig Quote Petis

...lets keep it civil though fellas, no e-thugging today, two valid points though, Logan's point probably goes along the lines of he cares more about his performance and tires than the brand of rims he rolls on. SeanDub probably wouldnt even go WOT if you rev'ed at him at the light because he'd rather cruise and look good on authentic shit.
              E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Petis View Post

and BTW Logan...... saying you will beat Sean in a race is the DUMBEST FUCKING THING I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY. Sean isn't building a racecar, neither am I. beating a car that was never performance built, in a race proves nothing other than the fact that you are being REALLY IMMATURE.
                He talks shit all the time. Just returning the medicine a bit.

Trendy wheel decorations you got there
                Last edited by Logan; 02-07-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I really don't understand where you don't get it..it's completely relevant.

My take on rotas..

I would rather spend my money on go fast parts than expensive wheels. I have had rare and expensive wheels. More than you have most likely. I'm over that. I'd rather my car perform well than impress some scenesters on the internet.

Comment

well some of you just dont see it the same way as some of us.

i buy new parts for my car all the time. i dont buy used shit. i maybe not buy the most expensive shit for my car, but i do shit right, and i dont buy knockoff wheels.

done.
                    It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

• LOGAN, I never said I didn't get it man. I have built track cars before, and those cars (91 Da integra, 91 EF civic hatch) both had WAYYY more money spent on go-fast parts than on flashy wheels, BUT saying you can beat a car in a race is completely irrelevant when that car was never built to be fast. Now if someone was to say "yeah I was gonna do a full port/polish/sleeve setup with a complete reflash, but I decided to buy Jlines instead" then you would have a valid point..... but in this case, the comments sole purpose was E-bashing.

Now squash it and admit that I'm right.
                      SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

• His comment about laughing at people with rotas was completely mature huh?

No more or less than my comment..

Comment

• ^ so because someone makes a comment that you deem as immature, you feel the need to respond with an equally immature comment to, what, "put them in their place." Wow

I quit.
                          SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

• Clueless.

Comment

• lol. people are awesome.
                              It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petis View Post
                                Case in point..... L!zerd, if Rotas didn't make a CE28 rep, would you have said "well damn since there is no company that makes CE28 reps I guess I will just have to dish out $3000 on the real thing......" answer: Fuck no
                                exactly.
                                i only picked these wheels up for the fitment. imean how could u go wrong with 18x9 +20F and 18x10 +10R in 5x100 for $900?

5x100 is hard enough to find in 9", but to find em with this low of an offset for 900 and in 10s? how the hell could u go wrong for the price? plus when i bought em i was barely into the stance scene and all that. and with it being my first purchased set of rims, i know next time i wont be buying knockoffs.

without the knowledge of the **** towards fakes, i was only lookin for the fitment, not what the wheel looked like. in the end, it looked pretty good. and since theyre rotas, i didnt give a fuck wat i did to them, allowing me to paint em glow in the dark. hehe
                                now if i had real legit expensive ass rims, i wouldnt have even thought of painting them.
                                Flickr
                                need your fenders rolled or your car shot? pm me for info! =]

Comment

Working...
                                X