This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fittedcamry View Post
    I guess no one that hates replica wheels runs any Nexen or other knockoff brand tires...or off-brand coilovers....or generic toilet paper haha..

I don't care what wheels somebody rolls, as long as their car is straight. I personally like rotas a lot more than the heavy steel wheels that belong on a trailer that everyone seems to love these days. It is true that you can pick up legit wheels for cheap though, just gotta look for the deals..i got my 500 bucks a pop wheels for 650shipped brand new, bargain shopping.
    knockoff tires? You're kidding, right? I drive the balls off of my car, and I would trust knock-off tires less than knock-off wheels. Maxxis is about the lowest I've gone.

off-brand coils? again with a strong no. I'd rather have a baller setup suspension, than a set of dope wheels. In fact, I'm rolling on some Type E's right now that are only 7.5" wide, but I have KWs, a Nuespeed rear tie bar, a WRD Racing front bar, a Turn2 quick-connect rear strut tower brace, and a Neuspeed front strut tower brace, R32 bushings, ad naseum.

off brand toilet paper? chaffing? I prefer a name brand, preferably with lotion that leaves my ass feeling alright. I'm not down with the Clint Eastwood toilet paper in my home. In fact, I've toyed with opening my own restaurant for a few years, and you know one of the things I'd do? Buy REAL FUCKING TP. Every damn place out there tries to cut corners. It's bloody annoying.

Heavy steel wheels? Why? Just to look cool? Again, not my thing. I don't like cutting corners, and adding weight. I thought seriously picking up a set, but the weight put me off.

I enjoy the nice things in life, not just trying to look like I have nice things. 75% of the work to my car probably isn't easily noticable to "enthusiasts", let alone the majority of the population. Who the fuck cares? I built it for me, not for some damn scenester to appreciate. If you are happy with settling for second best, or third best, or whatever, go for it. But, it sure isn't for me.

If I'm going to do something, then I'm going to do it right. Rotas and other fake wheels don't fall into the category of doing it right.
    I like to modify things.
    flickr
    Inyo Photo
    -Chad

Comment

Stanceworks, Wrong Fitment Crew, HellaFlush.....

When you hear such titles, what comes to mind? Think really hard? Fitment guys(please let me know if I'm wrong)...this isn't wheel-whores.

FACT: Rota knock-offs will NEVER look/FUNCTION as good as the real deals!

FACT: To 95% of you; No "big-name" wheel manufacturers are doing ANYTHING for you while you praise their wheels right now behind your computer screen, probably can give 2 shitz about you when you call em and try to get a new wheel from some curb damage one acquired.

FACT: Gimme one company going out of business because of Rota and the other knock-off companies.

Now, look outside, look at your wheels, think......Why do Volks, Works etc cost more, their a BETTER WHEEL. All you guys running wheels ment for the track on SLAMMED/stretched non-functional suspensions, that's just as bad as the guy running Rota's on 600whp $30,000 evo "race cars."

IMHO CCW makes the BEST wheels at the BEST price! I don't understand how wheel manufacturers are charging upwards of $2500 for wheels after seeing what CCW is doing?!?!?!!!

It would be TRULY dissapointing to see places like STANCEWORKS, HELLAFLUSH, WRONG FITMENT CREW etc start to cater to cars just because of the brand of wheel the car is running(which actually is happening) and that's why this fitment thing is gonna be a fad because the mainstream nut huggers are gonna kill it for every guys trying get nice FITMENT in his life on a budget because he doesn't have the "IT" wheels on his car. Its really simple, you got real ones, the other guy has fake ones, YOU HAVE BETTER WHEELS than him!! End of story. Your not a better person than him, his car just might outperform yours. I had no idea about used wheel websites in the beginning, thats like a god sent gift right there because IT DOES GIVE EVERYONE THE OPPORTUNITY to get legit wheels, hell most of the time cheaper than new Rotas.

But like another member said "wheels are like tities, if you can feel em' they're real"...speaking of which my chick has fake tits, does that make her wack too!?! lol Its all in your opinion. PLEASE dont neglect guys who dig Rotas, sport maxes etc etc just because you got trapped in the "mainstream nuthugging," hell it made me get rid of my Rotas and I kinda dug em!!

With that said. REAL WHEELS > FAKE WHEELS and ppl tryna fake the funk w/the stickers deserve to be flamed all the to hell!

...FITMENT OVER ALL!! Is someone gonna hafta make that a website now too just to get "accepted" into a wheel fitment community just like wrong fitment crew, stanceworks, and hellaflush individual(s) had to do when their respective communities flamed them??
      Last edited by Dom_J; 02-06-2010, 09:27 PM.
      E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Comment

I don't have a problem with reps. The problem I see is paying the same price for reps as you would for a set of used legit wheels. However, no matter what brand wheel is on my car, I'll never have the elitist "my wheels are better so that makes me/my car better than you" attitude. Because at the end of the day, I'm not paying for your car so who am I to tell you what to do? Just my $0.02.

Comment

^ well said Dom_J . i have rotas for the track and works for the street. best of both

Comment

i voted ew.

i like pulling up next to cars that were bought for 100 times what i paid for mine, and they have the knockoff version of my wheels.
            It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

this is a subject that is talked about quite alot over in the UK, i have to say tho ive used rotas on my cars in the past and i really dont see any problem, there half the price of the original work,volk etc etc wheel plus they look vertually the same, as long as people dont make out there the more expensive brands then i cant see the problem... plus JDM dishu is mega hard to buy over here and you gonna pay upwarsd of $2500 for something with half decent widths,dish and offset.

Comment

you gotta pay to play, dude.

if you use deception as the main way to be "okay" with knockoff wheels, you dont understand what its like to own a set of wheels multiple companies have a knockoff of.
                It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

Originally posted by slideonKais View Post

if you use deception as the main way to be "okay" with knockoff wheels, you dont understand what its like to own a set of wheels multiple companies have a knockoff of.
                  So true. I loved it when I was rocking the WRDs and someone would randomly ask if those were the Miro whattheheckevers. "No, actually the Miros are reps made of reps of these wheels."
                  I like to modify things.
                  flickr
                  Inyo Photo
                  -Chad

Comment

I like Rota RB more then any of the other watanabe/panasport style wheels haha.

That's about it though.

Who fucking cares if it looks good

Comment

Originally posted by illFA View Post
                      ^ well said Dom_J . i have rotas for the track and works for the street. best of both
                      Thank you sir....and your a smart man!
                      Originally posted by slideonKais View Post

Whats hard to understand about owning the real thing? You got the best wheel. Simple.

...do you have the BEST possible engine Nissan offers in your 240, on the BEST possible Suspension on the BEST possible wheels you can find? Did you buy all this this stuff NEW?? Better yet, you've probably broken stuff before, I know you just didn't settle w/autoparts stuff, you went and got the BEST possible replacements from Nissan, right? Every day all day you wear your BEST clothes right.

This is where I kinda eat my words a little but no one brought it up yet, this movement is SOMEWHAT hand-in-hand with Image/style/swagger etc...the image you portray with you vehicle is a major part of this scene, rocking fakes CAN kinda hinder that image in the mind of many which is understandable.

How are you gonna say "you gotta pay to play," when your probably rocking a set of used wheels, a welded diff, and a bland suspension set-up because it got low? Unless you gotta built to the hilt Turbo KA, Sr20, RB, I'm not seeing it from your avatar. What would be upsetting is if your wheels have more money into em that your engine does.

This ain't bootleg movies, bootleg Jordans, fake Gucci boots/hats etc etc. These are damn WHEELS, wheels from average guys barely getting by feeding their need to live that dream of the hot vehicle they picture in their head and all the dudes who got great deals on USED wheels are the first to call out a dudes on knock-offs

I mean no disrespect to you but this subject just rubs me wrong, I'm seeing ppl saying "fuck fakes" for ALL the wrong reasons, and its disturbing. I myself am a sore loser and tend to want the best shit when it comes to certain things so I can understand why some ppl would **** fakes and turn what wheels you have into a dick measuring contest, every automotive fashion has it. Time to let the big money guys take over at this stuff too I guess, eeh, oh well...
                      Originally posted by myrmidon View Post
                      I like Rota RB more then any of the other watanabe/panasport style wheels haha.

That's about it though.

Who fucking cares if it looks good
                      Exactly!

Like I said earlier, this movement is runs hand it hand with IMAGE, what do you care about most, if it LOOKS/functions(by function; looking the part) good or you got the most expensive stuff?

I miss the real automotive enthusiast....

I stopped reading most of the magazine because they got away from the real tuner, and kept featuring the same ppls cars over and over again because of friendships/sponsors and big name manufacturer nuthuggers, now the same shit is happening on the net too, guess its inevitable...fuck it, I'm getting a old chevy or something, those guys rarely crack open a laptop haha.
                      Last edited by Dom_J; 02-07-2010, 10:18 AM.
                      E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Comment

I have Rota's on my M3 and love them. They are as light as my BBS RC. The offset and widths are great too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom_J View Post
                          Thank you sir....and your a smart man!

Whats hard to understand about owning the real thing? You got the best wheel. Simple.

...do you have the BEST possible engine Nissan offers in your 240, on the BEST possible Suspension on the BEST possible wheels you can find? Did you buy all this this stuff NEW?? Better yet, you've probably broken stuff before, I know you just didn't settle w/autoparts stuff, you went and got the BEST possible replacements from Nissan, right? Every day all day you wear your BEST clothes right.

This is where I kinda eat my words a little but no one brought it up yet, this movement is SOMEWHAT hand-in-hand with Image/style/swagger etc...the image you portray with you vehicle is a major part of this scene, rocking fakes CAN kinda hinder that image in the mind of many which is understandable.

How are you gonna say "you gotta pay to play," when your probably rocking a set of used wheels, a welded diff, and a bland suspension set-up because it got low? Unless you gotta built to the hilt Turbo KA, Sr20, RB, I'm not seeing it from your avatar. What would be upsetting is if your wheels have more money into em that your engine does.

This ain't bootleg movies, bootleg Jordans, fake Gucci boots/hats etc etc. These are damn WHEELS, wheels from average guys barely getting by feeding their need to live that dream of the hot vehicle they picture in their head and all the dudes who got great deals on USED wheels are the first to call out a dudes on knock-offs

I mean no disrespect to you but this subject just rubs me wrong, I'm seeing ppl saying "fuck fakes" for ALL the wrong reasons, and its disturbing. I myself am a sore loser and tend to want the best shit when it comes to certain things so I can understand why some ppl would **** fakes and turn what wheels you have into a dick measuring contest, every automotive fashion has it. Time to let the big money guys take over at this stuff too I guess, eeh, oh well...

Exactly!

Like I said earlier, this movement is runs hand it hand with IMAGE, what do you care about most, if it LOOKS/functions(by function; looking the part) good or you got the most expensive stuff?

I miss the real automotive enthusiast....

I stopped reading most of the magazine because they got away from the real tuner, and kept featuring the same ppls cars over and over again because of friendships/sponsors and big name manufacturer nuthuggers, now the same shit is happening on the net too, guess its inevitable...fuck it, I'm getting a old chevy or something, those guys rarely crack open a laptop haha.

Well said

Comment

I really don't care all that much if people are running Rotas as I know not everyone wants to drop 2-4k+ on wheels, but it only really bothers me when people try and pass them off as legit Volks or something like that and also when often times someone can pick up a set of good used wheels for only a little bit more or even the same amount as a new set of Rotas. Also, if the car is top notch with quality parts/huge power/etc. and clearly has a lot of money into it, the wheels should match the caliber of the rest of the car. If it's a track beater that gets abused and the piss driven out of it, cheaper wheels would make more sense. To me, it's just like any other added part on a car; how does it flow with the rest of the car and do they look good on it? I must say though that I absolutely despise all BBS LM replicas, mostly bc the vast majority of people running them like to claim they have real LMs when it's incredibly easy to spot a fake

For the record I am currently running S4 replicas on my car that I picked up for 300 bucks as my winter beater set but I have my pretty, one-off, custom spec CCWs sitting in my room, which I didn't pay an arm and a leg for, so people just need to save them pennies

But my car says it all
                            Last edited by aar0n.; 02-07-2010, 11:01 AM.

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                            Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                              I really don't care all that much if people are running Rotas as I know not everyone wants to drop 2-4k+ on wheels, but it only really bothers me when people try and pass them off as legit Volks or something like that
                              My only issue with people and rotas... if they are fake just own up and say they are fake...
                              My '66 C10 Build
                              My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

I won't put them on my car, not because they are lame or whatever, but because it cheapens everything else I have put my har work and money into on the car.

BUT..... as for the whole "it takes money from the companies they copy" argument..... whoever says that if a fucking retard, honestly.... do you think that if someone actually has the money to buy real wheels would ever buy Rotas instead. No. Rotas are pretty much primarily made for those who cannot/will not ever, spend a ton of change on wheels. Period. So, the "sales lost" for the original design company are non-existant, due to the fact that the people rocking Rotas can't afford to buy the real shit in the first place.

Case in point..... L!zerd, if Rotas didn't make a CE28 rep, would you have said "well damn since there is no company that makes CE28 reps I guess I will just have to dish out $3000 on the real thing......" answer: Fuck no
                                Last edited by Petis; 02-07-2010, 12:04 PM.
                                SLAMMED GARAGE
                                slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X