• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30.77%
    29.67%
    39.56%

91 Votes...

The polls say it all....divided we stand! haha....

When you build a car for you and yourself only, you don't lose. Bottom line.
    E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Comment

• People take the internetz too srsly lol

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
      Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

• yea that and some just arent open minded....
        Flickr
        need your fenders rolled or your car shot? pm me for info! =]

Comment

• THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS. FITMENT IS SERIOUS. AND KNOCKOFFS ARE SUPER LAME.

i love this thread. <3
          It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

• Owning knockoff wheels is homo. Are you?
            Disclaimer:
            I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

• Flickr
              need your fenders rolled or your car shot? pm me for info! =]

Comment

• let me put it more simple for you then
                Knockoff wheels=lack of respect

Buying knockoff wheels is a lack of respect for the companies that do the real work. Then some shitty as Filipino company rolls in, that cant even get a safety certification in japan might i add, and sells a shitty as knockoff of the popular wheels because they cant design their own.

grow up, save up, and support the people that innovate. not some stupid ass knockoff company
                Disclaimer:
                I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

• Originally posted by slideonKais View Post
                  THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS. FITMENT IS SERIOUS. AND KNOCKOFFS ARE SUPER LAME.

i love this thread. <3
                  sorry but cr kais are uber cheap and super heavy and are probably worth more then your 240. which isnt alot, so if your going to knock cheap wheels people are going to knock your cheap ass car.

just saying

Comment

• my cheap ass car is rolling on nicer wheels than most people have, probably. theyre not uber cheap, and theyre really not that heavy for being the size they are.

and i bought my 240 stock for 300 dollars. however the car is worth more than the wheels. you dont know anything about my car. or wheels.

and HEY GRANT.
                    Last edited by slideonKais; 02-07-2010, 05:57 PM.
                    It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

• Love the Rota RB's on my '76 2002.

They were inexpensive (about $650) , and there was group buy done to have the hub size and offset made for '02's. They're light weight, strong and made in Japan. I dig it.

-Poon

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
                        Owning knockoff wheels is homo. Are you?

Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
                        let me put it more simple for you then

Buying knockoff wheels is a lack of respect for the companies that do the real work. Then some shitty as Filipino company rolls in, that cant even get a safety certification in japan might i add, and sells a shitty as knockoff of the popular wheels because they cant design their own.

grow up, save up, and support the people that innovate. not some stupid ass knockoff company
                        You had me till the comment about the Phillipines, as my family lives in Makati. Related to an old president, great aunt was one of the first female doctors in the country to my knowledge, Ate Nelly is a teacher at The University of Santo Tomas... Still agree strongly with the rest of your statement though.

And, to all the people that don't think that fake wheels take away from the sale of real wheels... Um, yes they do. I actually have two friends that decided to pocket a grand by purchasing reps instead of shelling out for the real deal. They had the money, but their argument was that "oh well, they look the same, and these are a LOT cheaper."
                        I like to modify things.
                        flickr
                        Inyo Photo
                        -Chad

Comment

• Good for you sir, I'm glad you like your wheels Mr. Poon....

Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
                          let me put it more simple for you then

"Respect?!?" Lets discuss respect(like what you just showed to the whole Filipino community)...

Can you get me a REAL wheel rep from one of these companies to post in this thread please and show that they actually give a shit about/"respect" the average guy...I've been to Japan too! I have friends stationed in Japan! Those companies and ppl can give 2 shits about you and especially the US. Name one event Rays Engineering, Work, BBS, etc etc that was hosted STATESIDE giving back to the "community." I'll wait......

I'd bet my bottom dollar someone from CCW would be in here before you could get another ACTUAL company rep from one of those others. You know what, Michael Jordan probably doesn't give a shit about me either, I at least had the priviledge of meeting the man and shaking his hand at a camp he held. Their no fucking wheel gods of anybody, they build a better wheel, I respect that they make a better product and that's about it. I'm sorry I'm just very VERY picky with who I spend my money with, If I'm gonna spend 2k for some rims can I at least get a hold of a real rep to ACTUALLY talk to about my purchase??!!

I just spent $1500 on my sound system, you better believe EVERY time I called kicker, there was a rep there to speak w/me. When I called the retailer I got em from, there was a rep to speak with me! My next set of wheels are coming from CCW, take a wild guess why.

Get real, nice advertising but ppl rocking Rota aren't disrespecting anyone! And what deserves a chuckle is the guy who spends his last dollar on a wheel and can't get damn customer service or e-mailed back about getting a new one, THATS hilarious. They would probably laugh at you if you sent pics of your actual car in 9 times outta 10.

Dammit, why is this rocket science??! The real wheels ARE better than REPS, that's it! Maaaaaan fug it...to each his own. The polls stated what was up, rock those Rotas wit pride Lizerd! lol dont be influenced by small minded people.

I LOVE WHEELS AND I LOVE THE "REAL" ONES MORE THAN THE BOOTLEGS!!

-Signing off fellas...good talkin
                          Last edited by Dom_J; 02-07-2010, 10:34 PM.
                          E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Comment

• Good fitment > All.
                            Originally posted by da3bous
                            I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

• Originally posted by Logan View Post
                              That's fine. But I will be the one blowing your doors off because I'd rather spend $2,000 on engine performance mods
                              Fact is, if I can afford to drop stupid money on wheels, I can afford to also build my engine.

I'm sorry that you have to choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomHero View Post
                                they are fine if you rollin a dd on cut springs.

but when you have a honda civic with $1800 coilovers, RHD conversion and a b18 swap, with a turbo........ FAIL.

IMO, real wheels are easy to come by (used) for a few hundred more than a new set of rotas.

You mean if you wasted that much money on a civic.......... Fail.
                                [RIGHT][URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiet_lu/"]

Comment

Working...
                                X