Peyton. e28 pt.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its June 27th-28th! Roll up, it should be a good show this year
    [quote=BrandonMcKiernan;1447293]Im running a 205/50. May do a 45 series later on but the 50 fills out the fenders nicely. you could probably get away with s 45 series cause they are 17s and mine are 16s.

Originally posted by LadiesMan247 View Post
    LOL I bet. I never have much luck in LakeO.. Anyhow, maybe well meet up at the e30 picnic or something

When is that? Id love to head to the valley for a meet soon.

Comment

• [quote=LadiesMan247;1447323]Its June 27th-28th! Roll up, it should be a good show this year
      Originally posted by BrandonMcKiernan View Post
      Im running a 205/50. May do a 45 series later on but the 50 fills out the fenders nicely. you could probably get away with s 45 series cause they are 17s and mine are 16s.
      No shit. I will see if I can make it!

more pics. Really happy with it still. Like it more and more everyday.

Also, my RH toplines are for sale again. They are boxed up to ship. Looking for $900. If anyones interested, let me know. I am located in Redmond, Oregon if there is anyone in the PNW. That would save shipping. Can send pics and info upon request.

instagram-brandonmckiernannn

Comment

• been a while geese. Sold the RHs. Been making progress on the car. just been really busy with, well, life. Girlfriend takes most the time and the car gets whatever I can get with her or with spare time. bought a few parts that didnt end up working out and so on. have some parts on the way though and have some new things that helped tremendously overall. First off was the exhaust. Was soooo tired of that non-fitting magnaflow and finally ditched it. Went with a single non-branded (that im aware of. exhaust shop shit) glasspack to a y-split after the rear diff with a dual out. Wanted dual for a while and it made all the look difference in the rear for me. Got some bigger spacers for the front as well.

Had run into some running issues too. Originally thought it was bad gas and then a bad external pump. I replaced the external in march, as well as the internal. Well after two externals and an upgrade to a chevy vega in tank pump, it seemed to have been the in tank the whole time. Replaced some "needed" things anyway before I found out(mostly things I have always done before but did again to try and fix it). Also moved the arm in the AFM.

Now onto the recents.

Made it up to 5er west this year. My first real nice show with my car in it. Was awesome to see so much diverse cars and i was honestly amazed at the level of cars that showed up. Multiple e34 m5s, s50 swapped euro bumpered e28s, a fucking e9, and some e30 tourings.
        unfortunately, I did not take many photos but here are a few.

Sams e28.

Apparently this dude was running around 16psi.

the e9.

I believe this is a US e28 m5 but was converted to euro bumper.

Also met Austin. If you guys dont know austin, his family got the pertrolicious video and has an amazing car. Better in person than in pics. Perfect car. (wyatts e21 and his dads e28 in the back)

Most of the crew we rolled up with. Missing two e28s on the left. real good pic.

Now for the snags of the day at 5erwest. Paid $35 for bilstein HDs and a new heater control unit. only bummer about the unit is that apparently in 85, they changed the center control of the heater to electronic so I can only control the foot and upper portion of the controls. Oh well. Looks better than having all broken control knobs that stab your damn fingers when trying to turn your vents on.

Now I had the original struts in the car from 84. That a long with a coilover sleeve was not doing any good and the fronts being stiff and built as a coilover caused for a ride that was unmatched when I built up the bilsteins. Now my rear is just as stiff as the front and the ride changed so much. much stiffer.

Here is what I had in.

And start to finish with the bilstiens.

And finally, some car pics. Actually raised the car more to a height that I wanted a while back but could not achieve because of my old rear strut set up.

Thats it for now. May update this thread again soon. probably not.

Comment

• Beautiful man

Comment

• DUDE im soooo pissed I couldn't make it, im doing it next year for sure tho. looks like you scored some sick stuff! Also , sams e28 ... did he mount the heckblende?
            Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
            My E28 Build

Comment

• So fresh! I love E28s

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Originally posted by delvin View Post
                Beautiful man
                Thanks man.

Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
                DUDE im soooo pissed I couldn't make it, im doing it next year for sure tho. looks like you scored some sick stuff! Also , sams e28 ... did he mount the heckblende?
                I know dude. The cars were unreal. Definitely an awesome show. Yeah sam did have it on. he installed it when he got there. Honestly not my favorite. fit a little funny but still cool none the less.

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                So fresh! I love E28s
                Thanks!

Finally finally got some fogs and the wait was worth it.

Comment

• What a car *-* soooo nice dude!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicl View Post
                    What a car *-* soooo nice dude!
                    Thank you!

took one amateur ass photo the other day. Threw some filter on it to make it look older. MEH.

Comment

• Shes come so far

insta:yungwymo

Comment

• Love that shot !
                        Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
                        My E28 Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyatt Lay View Post
                          Shes come so far
                          Originally posted by 12vsex View Post
                          Love that shot !
                          <3

did all the brakes recently as well as the rear dogbones. Only bushings left on the car are the rear subframe, rear sway bar links, and the rear sway bar bushings. Only really plan on the links and sway bar bushings for now. May do poly bushings. Not sure yet.

Also changed up the exhaust for the 5th time..... the glasspack only was too loud for me so I got the perfect sized magnaflow and had it in 2 days from summit . Didnt have access to a welder but had a local buddy weld it up for me. Came out perfect with the fit. HArd to tell but it is butted up directly behind the glasspack and hangs down nearly just as far. Very happy with the fit.

And one closer look at the y-split that the shop did.

and some random car pics.

Comment

• Well, I apparently couldnt stay away from lowering my car for very long. as much as I enjoyed beating it up and not worrying about anything driving wise, I would always catch myself thinking about lowering it again. The GF talked me out of it numerous times it feels like. Well I had a set of wheels in mind a while back and the seller and I couldnt make a deal at the time. Well they were for sale again and I made the decision that day that I wanted them and wanted my car down again. I had plans for 17s and bigger tires but I went with my gut on it and im so so happy I did. I think its the best look the car has had yet. Ive probably taken more pics of it in the last 3 days than I had over the time it had the 5s on it haha. First though, I made some changes that needed to be fixed.

I rebuilt basically the entire shifter assembly. Before, the gears were so so off. reverse actually ruined the center console. So the first thing was to fix that. After the gears were now in the correct spot, it was time to fix the console. Ordered a tan boot and found a frame for the boot from a buddy that sold it to me for the cost of shipping . unfortunately, the console I got was faded as fuck and wasnt even the same color. So we found some paint that was literally almost identical and I threw it in.

You can see the color difference. The lighter color is the paint.

Fixed

Next was to ditch the nardi. It just didnt fit right for me. So I was then on the hunt for a coarse spline mtech wheel. Got an offer for a sport wheel and took it. SO happy I did.

Also threw some 7 inch springs in the rear instead of the 6s I had.

One thing I didnt think would make that big of a difference was the color of the valence. Now black always looked fine to me but a buddy did a photoshop of it with it matched and I HAD to do it. unfortunately, I dont know the color of the car. its been resprayed and yadaydaydya. So I ordered a can of calypso in hopes it was close enough. I threw some white primer down to make the red pop but ran out of calypso since I ordered one can. I had some left over GM color that was a darker maroon and threw that on... ran out too. So thinking it was too dark, I got a lighter color at the parts store and went for it. 3 shades of red, two coats of clear, and numerous layers later, I got this.

Got it on the car and you can tell its lighter. I was so bummer but it seems to be gettting better. Maybe since Ive been driving it or just getting use to it and the car was dirty when I put it on.Red is very hard to match regardless so im not bummed at all about my $50 rattle can job.

Now onto the new wheels. Im usually not a fan of gold on red but I think the "maroon/pinkred" mix my car is helps the color.

The hat wasnt intentional. I promise im not that big of a douche.

Had to roll the rear some more. Still rubs a little. Oh well.

SO HAPPY. the crazy thing is this visual transformation with wheels and valence took two days haha. anyway. yeah update yo.

Comment

• I love everything about that update.

The car looks SO AMAZING on the new rimz

Comment

• Looks so good man.

What's the story with the Chevy Vega in-tank pump? I've never heard of that upgrade.
                                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                                2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Working...
                                X