No announcement yet.

The Quest to Stance a Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposedly there was a recall for this, but since the airbags are supposed to be replaced every 10 years, i probably won't qualify regardless of if the recall was performed or not. Basically, there was a ground strap to the passenger airbag that was known to not be good enough.

What happened

I walked out to my car on my lunch break at work, sat down and while pondering what to get for lunch, noticed my dash was pretty dusty. I grabbed a microfiber and started one long sweep of the dash from left to right, upon passing over the passenger air bag, it went off. Smashed my hand into the windshield and also broke the windshield (by design, so that isn't surprising). I presume the static from the microfiber was enough for the ground strap to fail and set off the airbag.

Luckily, I have a $100 deductible for windshields so that will be relatively cheap. I have a friend who thinks he has a spare dash pad from when he swapped his S70 from tan to black.

I went to the ER to have my hand checked out, I have a nice blood blister on the tip of my thumb, and my whole hand is pretty sore. Feels similar to when you punch a wall, but if I did it over and over again. All my fingers are kinda stiff too, no broken bones, just swelling/bruising.

The key wasn't in the ignition, my door was open, and I was just leaned over to the passenger seat. Car smells like shit now, bent my passenger side visor, and threw my garage door opener into the back seat. Needless to say,it's been a wild day and I'm surprised to say the least that this happened.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

• I bet you had to change your underwear after that happened. I know I would have.
      BMW E38
      That White Evo
      -SOLD
      instagram @kbuss
      flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by kbuss View Post
        I bet you had to change your underwear after that happened. I know I would have.
        I took a dump on the clock before going to lunch. If there's anything I've learned about working retail is to go to the bathroom while on the clock, and if you're in there 15 minutes, you made enough money to pay for Taco Bell for lunch.

Comment

• Damn thats a story and a half. But thumbs up for swapping to black dash from tan, sucks about your hand dude! Glad it wasnt any worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr_robs View Post
            Damn thats a story and a half. But thumbs up for swapping to black dash from tan, sucks about your hand dude! Glad it wasnt any worse.
            I will keep it tan... no reason so have a black dash and a tan interior.

Comment

• Damn, son! that sucksssssss . Glad you're ok boo

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                Damn, son! that sucksssssss . Glad you're ok boo
                Yeah, it does suck, but all it really needs is a new dash pad (which a friend says he has) and a windshield (which will be covered by a $100 deductible). This just adds more stuff to my SoWo prep list and will make it a bit harder to get it all done.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVC View Post
                  I will keep it tan... no reason so have a black dash and a tan interior.
                  derp, misread your first post. I thought you said you were swapping to black, but yeah two tone is no bueno.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbuss View Post
                    I bet you had to change your underwear after that happened. I know I would have.
                    Originally posted by JVC View Post
                    I took a dump on the clock before going to lunch. If there's anything I've learned about working retail is to go to the bathroom while on the clock, and if you're in there 15 minutes, you made enough money to pay for Taco Bell for lunch.
                    Lol hilarious! I always save my shits for work haha
                    Originally posted by 1badg35
                    trust me my last gf and i split because i apparently gave more attention to my cars and business then her. i have no idea where she got that idea from. haha

Comment

• And... the moment you're all waiting for...

RK 1 by JVC8790, on Flickr

RK 4 by JVC8790, on Flickr

Rk 3 by JVC8790, on Flickr

Rk 5 by JVC8790, on Flickr

RK 2 by JVC8790, on Flickr

Dropping the car off at the Volvo dealership tomorrow to have them inspect the recall, hopefully they figure out its their fault and get it fixed before SoWo, otherwise I'll be rolling with a broken windshield/dash.

See everyone at SoWo!

Comment

• I mean, it could be lower
                        Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                        Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
                          I mean, it could be lower

Comment

• RK2's are just meant to be on swedish cars. Anytime i see them on a volvo or a saab 9-3 they just work so perfectly. Looks awesome man, cant wait to see the car in person next week!

Comment

• Love it, but it still needs bootlip

Comment

• Originally posted by mr_robs View Post
                                RK2's are just meant to be on swedish cars. Anytime i see them on a volvo or a saab 9-3 they just work so perfectly. Looks awesome man, cant wait to see the car in person next week!
                                Well they were OEM Saab wheels so it makes sense.... If you see me around gimme a yell! Don't be shy!

Comment

Working...
                                X