X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Speedhunters man! I personally like their writing style. Dino Dalle Cabonare is awesome.

Originally posted by TRaNz
    yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
    They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
      Paddy and Sean can at least write without angering me. Sean's photography is mindblowing. I'm pretty sure he's a wizard.

Larry Chen's apparently an awesome dude (my friend Michio crashed at his pad when they were both shooting an event in California), but his writing just doesn't make me want to keep reading it.

I come from a mixed background of classic literature and weird, off-the-wall Gonzo shit, so my standards are a bit....different...than everybody else. T.S. Eliot, Hunter S. Thompson, Tom Wolfe, Hemingway, Allen Ginsberg....those are my guys.
      I read a book by Tom Wolfe once, damn good book. If I remember right the book was "I Am Charlotte Simmons". I had to read it for a college English class.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Sick enough to feel like shit, not sick enough where it's worth not going to class.

Comment

• Sean has to be a wizard. It hurts my head thinking about how he lights things.

I've was never particularly good at English when I was at school. I managed to scrape a B at higher...somehow

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
            those are some worthy names

that's where ur writing style comes from
            Partially. It's a mixture of my own style, which to me seems more conversational than a lot of other writing, and the styles of others. I take inspiration from whatever keeps me reading. I guess I should try writing a screenplay.

Plus I have this big-ass Gonzo tattoo on my left forearm. HST's the man that's mostly responsible for my switch from engineering to writing.

Originally posted by Mr Von Smack View Post
            I love Speedhunters man! I personally like their writing style. Dino Dalle Cabonare is awesome.
            DDC covers Japanese events better than anybody else. I love when he manages to find random collections of insane cars at highway rest stops. Daikoku PA is on my to-visit list if I ever go back to Japan.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
            I read a book by Tom Wolfe once, damn good book. If I remember right the book was "I Am Charlotte Simmons". I had to read it for a college English class.
            I *wish* I got to read him for English class. Most of my class assignments were rootedi n classics (until I took higher-level courses in specific types of lit my senior and supersenior years).

I really need to read more in general. I just don't have the time or the inclination with my current work schedule.
            Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
            I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

DDC covers Japanese events better than anybody else. I love when he manages to find random collections of insane cars at highway rest stops. Daikoku PA is on my to-visit list if I ever go back to Japan.
              Oh man, Daikoku PA would be awesome to go and visit. Especially at night with the car meets that go on. Imagine the things you'd see!

yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
              They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                I should be doing work, but I'm too busy trying to find parts for my car
                Story of my damn life.
                Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                Morning everybody!

Sick as a dog yesterday, so I took the day off.

Aside from racking up my second golden shotgun in Black Ops 2, I also finally grew the balls required to send my resume/portfolio to Road & Track. Fingers crossed!
                Morning dudemanbro.

If you get a position at Road & Track, I swear to God you better do a shout-out to the R/T crew in one way or another.
                Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                Okay, true. There's not a lot of unique, clever voices out there -- ESPECIALLY when it comes to car blogs. Jalopnik's the right level of snark that I enjoy; StanceWorks' writing ain't bad, either. Most every other blog, though, including Speedhunters -- the shittiest writing I've read in ages.

Somebody the other day told me that they read my blog every day, more than Speedhunters or anything else. Even though he's a fabricator himself, it got me all warm and fuzzy inside, like a velvet-lined Fleshlight.
                I have to ask, how in the world did you get into your line of work? I've always enjoyed writing, I'd like to think I'm okay at it, and it seems like enjoyable work.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  Morning dudemanbro.

If you get a position at Road & Track, I swear to God you better do a shout-out to the R/T crew in one way or another.

I have to ask, how in the world did you get into your line of work? I've always enjoyed writing, I'd like to think I'm okay at it, and it seems like enjoyable work.
                  Of course I'll try to give a shoutout. Something about how I'm moving to R&T from a different kind of R/T. I haven't had enough coffee or nicotine today to be clever. Soon.

And if you mean how I got this job? To be frank, I checked Craigslist one day while working at the restaurant in Chicago, shortly after moving to the city. I drove here for an interview, and then a week later, bam, here I am.

I originally wanted to get into the publishing industry as a literary agent, but my hopes for that were dashed when I graduated college without any internship experience, and I couldn't get any agency jobs without prior experience, and I couldn't afford a full-time unpaid internship.

Once I started fitting in here, I realized that writing and cars were my two biggest passions, and thus I began a concerted effort to start hunting down freelance gigs. I worked with Louise at Performance BMW when she did features for our cars, and when she moved to Total 911, she asked if I wanted to freelance for her. The rest has just kinda happened -- Speedhunters guest blog, StanceWorks feature, two features in the latest PBMW....it's kind of surreal.

But I still make shit for money. hahahaha

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Of course I'll try to give a shoutout. Something about how I'm moving to R&T from a different kind of R/T. I haven't had enough coffee or nicotine today to be clever. Soon.

And if you mean how I got this job? To be frank, I checked Craigslist one day while working at the restaurant in Chicago, shortly after moving to the city. I drove here for an interview, and then a week later, bam, here I am.

I originally wanted to get into the publishing industry as a literary agent, but my hopes for that were dashed when I graduated college without any internship experience, and I couldn't get any agency jobs without prior experience, and I couldn't afford a full-time unpaid internship.

Once I started fitting in here, I realized that writing and cars were my two biggest passions, and thus I began a concerted effort to start hunting down freelance gigs. I worked with Louise at Performance BMW when she did features for our cars, and when she moved to Total 911, she asked if I wanted to freelance for her. The rest has just kinda happened -- Speedhunters guest blog, StanceWorks feature, two features in the latest PBMW....it's kind of surreal.

But I still make shit for money. hahahaha
                    I guess I need to try and make something similar happen for photos.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• sup guys!?
                      IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                        I guess I need to try and make something similar happen for photos.
                        If you can write well, even better; it's cheaper to hire one person to do both jobs at a magazine, and it gives you a big step up on the competition -- most photographers I know, even ones with tons of magazine features and lots of exposure, love admitting that they cannot write for shit.

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                        sup guys!?
                        Shit, nothing. Looking forward to going home and playing some more Black Ops 2.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• i still need to buy BO2!
                            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• So what you're telling us is that 7,746 people have bad taste?

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

If you can write well, even better; it's cheaper to hire one person to do both jobs at a magazine, and it gives you a big step up on the competition -- most photographers I know, even ones with tons of magazine features and lots of exposure, love admitting that they cannot write for shit.

Shit, nothing. Looking forward to going home and playing some more Black Ops 2.
                                I think I can write alright, but I honestly never get honest feedback, so I have no idea if my writing is any good. I guess you can read the features I've written here?
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X