This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weponhead View Post
    if I'm not in a hurry why do you care if I eat a burger between gears?

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
      The way some of my friends shift is scary. There was this one time where my friend went round a corner, fairly quickly on a back road in neutral, with the clutch pedal right down.

I know people who sit at lights with their car in gear, with the clutch in. For the entire duration of the light.
      Originally posted by Weponhead View Post
      if I'm not in a hurry why do you care if I eat a burger between gears?
      I cringe. Some people shift so slowly, their cars drop back to idle before they release the clutch. I feel badly that most people don't understand the way cars work, or how much abuse they put clutches through.

My friends say I have too much "mechanical sympathy". Until I do a 2nd gear burnout from a standstill.
      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
      Originally posted by Ollie
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
        I know people who sit at lights with their car in gear, with the clutch in. For the entire duration of the light..
        I used to do this when I first started driving manual lol. Sometimes I'd struggle to put it in first gear on my '90 Eclipse.

Comment

Another day trapped at work when I'd rather be home playing PS3.
          Add me on PSN: ebound

If you have Black Ops 2, let's tear that shit up. I am pulling consistent 2.0+ KDRs with the machine gun.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
          I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• im just glad its at least sunny out today.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

That's what happens when you use an old Mustang motor. Do yourself a favor: buy a Summit 302 gasket kit and just do all of them. It's just easier.

As a side note, I cannot stand people who drive cars with manual transmissions, and absolutely suck at shifting. Seriously, it shouldn't take you 1-2 full seconds to change gears.
              I already did all these gaskets though I've replaced my waterpump gaskets 3 times haha. Takes forever to clean them off/ get the surfaces completely smooth.

And same. My ex's parents only had a manual, and they couldn't drive the damn thing smoothly for their lives. Was fucking terrible.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                I used to do this when I first started driving manual lol. Sometimes I'd struggle to put it in first gear on my '90 Eclipse.
                We all learn over time. But I'm talking some people who have been driving a car with a manual transmission for 5+ years. It took me 6 months to have smooth shifting, heel-toe, and rev-matching down cold.
                Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                Add me on PSN: ebound

If you have Black Ops 2, let's tear that shit up. I am pulling consistent 2.0+ KDRs with the machine gun.
                Will do. If I forget, my PSN is ct8891.

I absolutely suck at any Call Of Duty games though. However, Gran Turismo 5, FarCry, or the like is a different story.
                Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                I already did all these gaskets though I've replaced my waterpump gaskets 3 times haha. Takes forever to clean them off/ get the surfaces completely smooth.

And same. My ex's parents only had a manual, and they couldn't drive the damn thing smoothly for their lives. Was fucking terrible.
                That sucks. Maybe it just wants to die.

My fiance drives a 5-speed Celica, and she does okay. She just can't get her head wrapped around rev-matching to downshift, and some of her shifting can be a little herky-jerky. That's why I'm so defensive about letting her drive my M3, especially with the 5th gear synchro is kind of screwy.
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I absolutely suck at any Call Of Duty games though. However, Gran Turismo 5, FarCry, or the like is a different story.
                  Now, I don't have FarCry, but I will walk you up and down the track in GT5.

Never underestimate an English major with too much free time on his hands.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                  I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                    Now, I don't have FarCry, but I will walk you up and down the track in GT5.

Never underestimate an English major with too much free time on his hands.
                    I wish I had more time to fuck around on GT5. Or play FarCry3. Or Assassin's Creed. Or any fucking video games.

Comment

We all learn over time. But I'm talking some people who have been driving a car with a manual transmission for 5+ years. It took me 6 months to have smooth shifting, heel-toe, and rev-matching down cold.

That sucks. Maybe it just wants to die.

My fiance drives a 5-speed Celica, and she does okay. She just can't get her head wrapped around rev-matching to downshift, and some of her shifting can be a little herky-jerky. That's why I'm so defensive about letting her drive my M3, especially with the 5th gear synchro is kind of screwy.
                      I had major issues heel toeing in the Galant. The way the brake pedal sat compared to the gas was not optimal for it.

Comment

5th gear synchro in my gear is GONE. This is how on ramp pulls from second go,

Vrooooom
                        shift
                        Vrooooom
                        shift
                        Vrooooom
                        shift to neutral
                        make a sandwhich
                        read a book
                        shift to 5th
                        Vrooooom

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                          I had major issues heel toeing in the Galant. The way the brake pedal sat compared to the gas was not optimal for it.
                          Some cars just suck for it. My Prelude and my Accord are perfect- my fiance's Celica isn't even fucking close.
                          Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                          5th gear synchro in my gear is GONE. This is how on ramp pulls from second go,

Vrooooom
                          shift
                          Vrooooom
                          shift
                          Vrooooom
                          shift to neutral
                          make a sandwhich
                          read a book
                          shift to 5th
                          Vrooooom

I have to make sure there isn't any heavy load on the transmission leaving 4th gear, almost like I slowly let off the throttle before shifting into 5th. It's not terrible when you drive it like a normal human being- but it's a pain in the dick when I want to downshift and pass someone like I mean it.

Comment

• You know how I fixed my missing 5th synchro? Replaced the transmission.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• So... what are everyone's thoughts on Stromung exhausts? I keep eyeballing one for my car. The pricetag isn't bad, the sound is pretty sweet, and quite a few people seem to have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                You know how I fixed my missing 5th synchro? Replaced the transmission.

I know where I can source a euro 6-speed for my car locally, and probably at a discount. That would be the fucking sex.

Comment

Working...
                                X