This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    So... what are everyone's thoughts on Stromung exhausts? I keep eyeballing one for my car. The pricetag isn't bad, the sound is pretty sweet, and quite a few people seem to have it.
    Fix your car before modding it.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      You know how I fixed my missing 5th synchro? Replaced the transmission.
      I normally just powershift everywhere anyway.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• I need to learn how to drive stick

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          Fix your car before modding it.
          The only thing my car needs is a wiper relay module, and that's sitting on my dresser at home.
          CDV delete is first on the list, then a Z3 short shifter, then an intake, and then an exhaust. In that order.
          Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
          I need to learn how to drive stick
          I always saw guys who drive automatic "sporty" cars as less-than-enthusiasts for driving.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• That reminds me
            i have a bunch of maintenancei need to do for the crv that ive been putting off
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• I don't feel like I'm less than an enthusiast because I don't know how to drive a manual transmission.

Comment

• my car wasn't available in the us with a stick :C

"Everything has potential."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                  That reminds me
                  i have a bunch of maintenancei need to do for the crv that ive been putting off
                  It's fine, it's a Honda. You can drive the car with the check engine light on, no clean oil, no oxygen sensors, and a bad spark plug it's whole life and it would still survive.
                  Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                  I don't feel like I'm less than an enthusiast because I don't know how to drive a manual transmission.
                  *driving enthusiast

People can absolutely love cars and not drive a manual transmission. But, somehow driving an automatic anything isn't the same as actually driving using both hands and both feet. Automatics just feel like couches to me, no real effort needed.

That said, I wouldn't mind a big luxury barge with a big V8 and a slushbox. Cruisers don't always have to have manual transmissions to be fun. (but it helps)
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

It's fine, it's a Honda. You can drive the car with the check engine light on, no clean oil, no oxygen sensors, and a bad spark plug it's whole life and it would still survive.

*driving enthusiast

People can absolutely love cars and not drive a manual transmission. But, somehow driving an automatic anything isn't the same as actually driving using both hands and both feet. Automatics just feel like couches to me, no real effort needed.

That said, I wouldn't mind a big luxury barge with a big V8 and a slushbox. Cruisers don't always have to have manual transmissions to be fun. (but it helps)
                    I know
                    but im about 20k miles overdue on the accessory belt and. Havent done the transmission or diff fluid in the 30k miles or so that ive owned it.
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Some cars just suck for it. My Prelude and my Accord are perfect- my fiance's Celica isn't even fucking close.

I have to make sure there isn't any heavy load on the transmission leaving 4th gear, almost like I slowly let off the throttle before shifting into 5th. It's not terrible when you drive it like a normal human being- but it's a pain in the dick when I want to downshift and pass someone like I mean it.
                      COnsidering the galant wasnt ever meant to be manual or sport well it doesnt surprise me

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      my car wasn't available in the us with a stick :C
                      Same hur

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

*driving enthusiast

I kinda wish the GN was manual but then again no boost lag past 1st gear is fun

Comment

• threw my iphone against the wall today! Its been acting up in the 4th demention..... Alarm didnt go off (ps i cracked the back )
                        IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                          I know
                          but im about 20k miles overdue on the accessory belt and. Havent done the transmission or diff fluid in the 30k miles or so that ive owned it.
                          If the belt hasn't snapped yet, you're fine.
                          Transmission or diff fluid doesn't really need to be touched that often- although I used to do my old '96 Accord every other year (~25k miles), but it had 190k on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                            COnsidering the galant wasnt ever meant to be manual or sport well it doesnt surprise me

Same hur

I kinda wish the GN was manual but then again no boost lag past 1st gear is fun
                            swap it!
                            My World Class T5 swap is complete! Got everything buttoned up tonight! The only parts I am waiting on are my shifter and a bullit housing for the speedo (which I traded a guy on the thirdgen board for my electronic one a month ago, and still haven't seen the other one come back :rolleyes: )...
                            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Lol, I agree, I've been driving stick since I was 12

Comment

• personally, all my street cars will be auto...i got sticks in the racecars for that.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Working...
                                X