X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    True indeed.

You don't NEED a compressor per say. Terry's M5 just uses a mini scuba tank and nitrogen and he won't have to fill the tank up for the foreseeable future, even with messing with it all day
    Yeah I've heard of that, minitruck dudes do that with their full blown air ride systems. The scuba tank would last forever with cups cause the volumes are so low.

As for a hydraulic system like the tein one, it's built into the base of their coilover so the whole shock body moves up instead of it being on top of the spring.

Comment

I know a kid with a mk3 jetta that did that. I like the idea but i'm a small business, and i couldn't bet it all on that being a success y'know
      Yeah maybe save it for later, once you get big and start racking it in.

I just think these would be a market for it if you can make it affordable, ie cheaper than the TEIN price of $4k
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• How much would the cup lift? From what I am picturing it would be limited to full droop height

Comment

• I've never even seen that honestly. I wish tein didn't suck so bad, that's a good idea.

How is it adjusted? does it spin the shock body? does it fill a reservoir with fluid that pushes up the shock body?

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• I know that VW kids would go crazy over affordable cups. There was some kid in the UK that made a few sets for a school project or something. He put a thing up on vortex and everybody wanted them.

Comment

• Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
              Yeah I've heard of that, minitruck dudes do that with their full blown air ride systems. The scuba tank would last forever with cups cause the volumes are so low.

As for a hydraulic system like the tein one, it's built into the base of their coilover so the whole shock body moves up instead of it being on top of the spring.

Yep thats why i love the TEIN idea of having a hydraulic adjustable base height
              No more need to get under the car with C spanners to adjust the height from track to street to show.

Comment

• cup kit! Alright i got one sold hurry now! Z4
                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

I've never even seen that honestly. I wish tein didn't suck so bad, that's a good idea.

How is it adjusted? does it spin the shock body? does it fill a reservoir with fluid that pushes up the shock body?
                  here check this out..Im pretty sure it doesn't spin the body, it just fills a reservoir at the base of the shock as far as I can tell.

車高はハイブリッドで決める。140-90mmを10sec. ワゴン・ミニバン専用車高調のフラッグシップモデル

Comment

I've never even seen that honestly. I wish tein didn't suck so bad, that's a good idea.

As martin posted the photo, it fills the reservour with fluid to adjust height
                    It also still retains the base height thread too, so it gives quite a large range of height options

Comment

• There is a second hand kit of TEIN Hydraulic coilovers floating around for sale on Yahoo Japan

I have been toying with the idea of buying it to see how it is made and if it could be reproduced locally.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be heavy as fuck with the hydro system?
                        I dislike Byron.

Comment

• HA, i just flipping channels

in holland there's a hicktown with a language called Derps

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                            wouldn't it be heavy as fuck with the hydro system?
                            hover kit!
                            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Wouldn't it be heavy as fuck with the hydro system?
                              Couldn't imagine it being any heavier than an air cup kit

Comment

Wouldn't it be heavy as fuck with the hydro system?
                                Im willing to bet its lighter than an air ride setup

Comment

Working...
                                X