The Amazing Race: Fitness Thread / Work-Out Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weights been stuck around 220, Ridiculous lol
    Did my 2nd workout of that 5x5 workout. I like it so far, I gotta figure out a better way for squats as Im getting cashed by the time im on my 5fh set. Ive got the weight per set wrong.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Going to start 5x5 like this for squats and go back up. This is Per side not including bar.
      35/50/65/80/95x5 Friday
      40/55/70/85/100x5 Monday

Add 5lbs/side each lift each day

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
        Going to start 5x5 like this for squats and go back up. This is Per side not including bar.
        35/50/65/80/95x5 Friday
        40/55/70/85/100x5 Monday

Add 5lbs/side each lift each day
        thats such an odd way to list the weights hahahaha
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• easier way for me when it comes time to stack them at the gym. I don't want to stand there calculating shit lol

Comment

• seemed to work. Wasn't cashing out on the 4th and 5th set.Might even keep the first 3 sets the same weight as today and just up the last 2 each workout.

Comment

• Well guys, I've been dieting for a little while and went from my favorite heavy-low rep sets to a lighter weight-more rep sets. For the past month or so I haven't done a set under 10 reps. It's typically in the 15-12 range but who really cares. Went from 189 down to about 175 in this picture taken today. Been trying to get down and peak for vacation in Cyprus, we leave tomorrow so wish me luck haha. Excuse the hair, just woke up and threw some shorts on.

Comment

• Do you guys follow any fitness/lifting stuff online?

Heres some great cardio info I got recently in an email from one of the blogs I read occasionally

"You are doing it wrong. Let’s get one thing straight, cardio is NEVER beneficial for optimal strength. There is almost a linear interference with cardio on strength & hypertrophy (1). This interference is also proportional to the duration of the cardio exercise (yes I’m looking at you Mr. Low Intensity for an hour). So what’s optimal for cardio? Well quite frankly… NONE.

..... So to break it down:

Best case: No cardio"

Comment

• Yeah more I read the less I want to do cardio, I only do it After I lift and its a 20min incline walk lol.I just need to get rid of this little gut I got and the man handles I have left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                    Do you guys follow any fitness/lifting stuff online?

Heres some great cardio info I got recently in an email from one of the blogs I read occasionally

"You are doing it wrong. Let’s get one thing straight, cardio is NEVER beneficial for optimal strength. There is almost a linear interference with cardio on strength & hypertrophy (1). This interference is also proportional to the duration of the cardio exercise (yes I’m looking at you Mr. Low Intensity for an hour). So what’s optimal for cardio? Well quite frankly… NONE.

..... So to break it down:

Best case: No cardio"
                    Mind posting the article?

I'd like to know the research behind it and how they came to that conclusion.

I look at a guy like Tom Platz who had some of the best wheels of all time. He'd do 2 hours of squats and then ride a stationary bike 20 miles.

Really interested to know the research behind it though.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Read This First: Fat Loss for Powerlifting-Part 1 I see them. Every day I see them. They are on the stepmill, or the treadmill, or the elliptical. They are slaving away through 40-60 minutes of sweat dripping cardio in order to make weight for their next meet. Some of them are concerned about muscle &

Comment

• Not a bad article.

Really it just breaks down to what you want your end goal to be. My goal isn't to be a powerlifter, I like the traditional aesthetic natural bodybuilding stuff. If that means not putting on, or even sacrificing a little muscle to lean down, I'm ok with that. I know when dieting hard I wont be able to move as much weight, and I'm ok with that that.

After this summer I am going to go back on a clean bulk routine for the winter and hopefully put on some more mass and then diet again in the spring.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          Not a bad article.

Really it just breaks down to what you want your end goal to be. My goal isn't to be a powerlifter, I like the traditional aesthetic natural bodybuilding stuff. If that means not putting on, or even sacrificing a little muscle to lean down, I'm ok with that. I know when dieting hard I wont be able to move as much weight, and I'm ok with that that.

After this summer I am going to go back on a clean bulk routine for the winter and hopefully put on some more mass and then diet again in the spring.
                          oh yea, goals make all the difference.

Comment

• today is day 1 of week 1 of a new program. Deadlift day

Deadlift
                            work up to 5x2x310
                            Block pulls
                            work up to 2x1-3x330
                            Deadlift from 2" deficit
                            work up to 2x4-6x290
                            Pendalay rows
                            Good mornings
                            Back raises

But first, an awesome breakfast. And coffee

Comment

• After a few months of trying to make my own program, I found that I just cant do it. Not so much the programming part of it, but I get lazy with it and lose motivation quickly

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                                I know when dieting hard I wont be able to move as much weight, and I'm ok with that that.
                                Get on the gear and you'll move more while cutting lol
                                Last edited by benz88; 05-14-2014, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X