This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my e30 is rolled and shaved too,

you only have to recoat the very edge where the cut was made. the rest will be good. ( unless you shaved the quarter sized hump at the 12 oclock postion on the inside of the e30 arch, but thats another story, lol )
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• video i did a while back to see the process
      How I roll and pull my fenders to a beautiful finish. No puckered butthole fenders here. Just a nice smooth pull.
      Disclaimer:
      I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

• not too shabby,

had a few PMing me wanting pics of specific cars, i'll dig through the hard drive and get those up, also i promise i'll try to take more pics as i'm working, lol
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• I rolled the rear fenders on my mk3 just barely pulling them with an eastwood roller they came out good, I plan on painting the car this winter and want to pull the fenders more fronts and rears to get rid of the line and make a little more room for my wheels would you recommend pulling them with a roller or a block and a hammer?

Comment

• If you're gonna paint the car then hammer and dolly is best.

The fronts are fairly easy, the rears will take a little more doing,

Make sure you work all the way down the whole length of the fender. VWs have a habit of kicking the rear wheels forward in the arch as they are lowered. the area in the base of the fender behind the door ( kinda the 4o'clock postion ) will rub like crazy if you dont pull it.
            Just take your time and get a nice curve, remember to get both sides the same before the bondo layer goes on, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
              If you're gonna paint the car then hammer and dolly is best.

The fronts are fairly easy, the rears will take a little more doing,

Make sure you work all the way down the whole length of the fender. VWs have a habit of kicking the rear wheels forward in the arch as they are lowered. the area in the base of the fender behind the door ( kinda the 4o'clock postion ) will rub like crazy if you dont pull it.
              Just take your time and get a nice curve, remember to get both sides the same before the bondo layer goes on, lol.
              My buddy came up with some camber/drop plates he made at his machine shop that actually push the wheel back, I'm not sure if I'm running them or not. But thanks for the tips its greatly appreciated in something I think about daily haha

Comment

• sounds like a good part to have,

heres a VW Cab i worked on for a friend a few weeks ago

Comment

• Forum member Marq ... the guy is actually crazy his daily driver E39

This fitment is CRAZY, and actually how Im trying to get my daily 528 to sit. What all did this take to get the fenders that tight? I have a very similar wheel, tire, and offset Im assuming anyway ( 19x10 +9 offset 235/35 rubber ) I have a tire rack roller that santa brought me but ive been a little nervous to get started. Plus Im not gonna put it all together unrtil closer to spring so im not rushing anything. Anyways, sorry for rambeling on... Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Im a big do it yourselfer and in the middle of Indiana so having it done by a pro is out of the question for me. Thanks in advance

Comment

• I'm going to be getting the lend of a roller to do the rear and possibly the front arches on my E30 touring. Any advice tips etc for me?

I'll be running 16x9 wheels (possible with spacers) but will probably have something wider in future, not 100% on tires yet, have a 225/40 and 215/40 on the wheels I'd like to fit these rear and front. I've also got iX arch flares which limit how much I can roll.

From what I gather, the hump in the rear arches needs to be either cut out or flattened. I don't want the flat face of the arch rolled, will be folding the lip on the inside of this up. Other than that I'm not sure what to do, can the slanted part of the arches be pushed up/out a little without messing with the lip? Car will be going for a respray so not afraid to damage paint.

Comment

• you ever done a volvo 740?

1989 Volvo 240 turbo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrNiceGuy View Post
                        Forum member Marq ... the guy is actually crazy his daily driver E39

This fitment is CRAZY, and actually how Im trying to get my daily 528 to sit. What all did this take to get the fenders that tight? I have a very similar wheel, tire, and offset Im assuming anyway ( 19x10 +9 offset 235/35 rubber ) I have a tire rack roller that santa brought me but ive been a little nervous to get started. Plus Im not gonna put it all together unrtil closer to spring so im not rushing anything. Anyways, sorry for rambeling on... Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Im a big do it yourselfer and in the middle of Indiana so having it done by a pro is out of the question for me. Thanks in advance

This a crazy set up for daily driving for sure,
                        Theres a fair amount of work you need to do to get the setup perfect, Its rolling the fender, pulling it a touch, then shaving it ( in that order )
                        The offset has to be spot on otherwise you'll have contact on the lip with the wheel rim. if i remember we used bump stop spacers on Marq's car too.

Originally posted by Jozi View Post
                        I'm going to be getting the lend of a roller to do the rear and possibly the front arches on my E30 touring. Any advice tips etc for me?

I'll be running 16x9 wheels (possible with spacers) but will probably have something wider in future, not 100% on tires yet, have a 225/40 and 215/40 on the wheels I'd like to fit these rear and front. I've also got iX arch flares which limit how much I can roll.

From what I gather, the hump in the rear arches needs to be either cut out or flattened. I don't want the flat face of the arch rolled, will be folding the lip on the inside of this up. Other than that I'm not sure what to do, can the slanted part of the arches be pushed up/out a little without messing with the lip? Car will be going for a respray so not afraid to damage paint.
                        Those are big tires for a 16x9, try to stay at 205/40 if you can. Slanting the arch is possible, but you have to do it with care so as not deform the whole thing, On the rear remember to clean out the underseal that hides in the fender lip, its thick rubber like stuff that will stop you rolling the lip flat.
                        The hump under the arch can be ground off, its work though, lol, and you'll have seal up the area after to prevent water getting in to the hollow part of the arch you'll be left with. The iX arches can be bonded on fairly easily after you roll, a little heat will help to reshape them as needed.

Originally posted by manbeard View Post
                        you ever done a volvo 740?
                        Its been a while, i did a 740 wagon a few months ago, dead easy, best if you do it by hand with a hammer and dolly, the arches are not perfectly arc shaped so the roller wouldnt really be the best tool,

Comment

• Thanks for all the PMs guys, sorry my mailbox was full, lol

empty now

Comment

• Hey Tony,

ive got a 94 Corrado. Ive already rolled (flat) and flared the rear fenders but the wheels still rub slightly. Its the typical VW problem you described with the wheels moving forward when lowering the car. Anyways, would you recommend cutting out a parts of the inner lip?

Here's a pic. As you can see a hammer and dolly was used and then the rear quarters were repainted. I dont really want to respray again...any tip would be greatly appreciated!

slamburglars.com

Comment

• Shaving the inner arch may be an option, or adjustable bumpstops are also good

Comment

• Been a while since theres been an update, just been crazy busy. here's a few recent jobs...

Love working on classics, fitting drag slicks on a 64 Nova. rolled and pulled rear fenders

Just another VIP Lexus GS, super wide fitment, still needs camber

Even Prius need love, lol

BY FAR the fastest car i,ve worked on i heard these cars were quick, but DAMN !!!!! R32 Skyline, test drive was fun, no rubbing, lol

Very cool Altima coupe

Spaced out G35, love working on G rides, lol

E30 with major attitude

Comment

Working...
                                X