X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadtrip !

I'm thinking of going on tour, lol.
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Man you're the boss. Manny's old mk2 looks so good - was messaging him on vortex about it but didn't get down there to see it in time.

and the 500e on Brabus aaaah - awesome. Coming down in 2 wks - think I'm good w fender work for now but if something comes up - you're the man to call.
      91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
      ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

• what about a square fender with clip on plastics??? how would u pull something like that

Comment

• what kind of car were you thinking of?
          Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Any idea of how to remove the seam sealer on an E36 M3?

thanks,
            Currently Own: 2008 MKV GTI
            @philluis

Comment

• Angle grinder or a drill with one of these:

You can get a stiffer knotted wire version also but I found this to be able to shred metal to bits where as the type above will strip the underseal but not touch the underlying primer unless your persistant.

Comment

• Originally posted by thirdlobe View Post
                Any idea of how to remove the seam sealer on an E36 M3?

thanks,
                On my rears I heated the inner sealant up then wire wool wheel attachment on my drill and went to work. Took about 15minutes a side to do and bit of underseal inside then rolled them flat.no issues since.
                Fronts easy as no underseal on mine then quick roll.

Andy

Comment

• Thanks guys so its not like the E46 where you have to split layers of the rear quarters.
                  @philluis

Comment

• Originally posted by thirdlobe View Post
                    Thanks guys so its not like the E46 where you have to split layers of the rear quarters.
                    I didnt mate.most dont even heat the sealer up but I found from doing two mates cars its easier then quick flathead screwdriver to get started then drill attachment and go for it.oh wear goggles the shit flyes all over the shot lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                      I didnt mate.most dont even heat the sealer up but I found from doing two mates cars its easier then quick flathead screwdriver to get started then drill attachment and go for it.oh wear goggles the shit flyes all over the shot lol
                      Not to mention the metal bristles flying out! Although it's not as bad with the cupped wheels, the flat ones slowly bombard you with wire :P

Comment

• work slowly when you remove that stuff, too much heat from a trill or grinder will bubble the paint on the outside,
                        there is no fast way of doing it, just work it slowly with a sharp utility knife. there should be less sealer than the e46 M3

Comment

• I am just looking to remove the stuff from the inside of the well or do I have to cut away the inside wall and then scrape off the stuff?

Sorry for all the questions. I just don't want to cut or remove anything I am not supposed too

Thanks,
                          @philluis

Comment

• just remove the stuff inside the arch that feels like rubber/silicon, thats all. it will be obvious once you start working what needs to go, just the stuff that will stop you rolling the arch lip flat.

Comment

• Hey guys, looking for a few tips to fix my fitment here.

So um. e39, style 95's 235/40's. 15mm spacers.

Got my fenders rolled by someone with experience, he did a good job but I only took the liners off, I didn't grind off the seam sealer, so my lips arent flat, they are probably sticking out about a fourth of an inch... I pretty much have credit card fitment between the lips and my wheels, but as you can see in the picture it sure as hell doesn't look like it.
                              I was sort of thinking about cutting the lips off but I think that's a bad idea.

Can I peel my lips back and grind off the seal and then roll them back up without bad things happening?
                              and if I do that can I put out bigger spacers without much more of a pull?

here is where I am:

And here is where I want to be:

To me it looks like that car has to rub like crazy but I guess it doesn't. It also looks like he's got a lot less camber than me which I would be fine with. I want my wheels outside of the fender like that.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys.
                              Last edited by Stupid Kid; 04-03-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• unroll the lip, take the sealer out, reroll the lips flat, get bigger spacers and less tire.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X