99 subaru widebody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jibjunkie405 View Post
    why do the wheels stick out further than the car? i think you bought the wrong size
    Originally posted by marcAB10 View Post
    to me, it's stuff like this that gives stance a bad name.. the tyres don't fit the wheel, why would you want that and why would you think that looks ok?
    From a "different" thread:
    Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
    I'd rather see it higher with the wheels pushed way outwards to the fender edge. That's always been the main thing bugging me
    Originally posted by Coops90 View Post
    Much preferred it higher and on the RS'. Looked 10x better IMO. Now it just looks like a car lowered as much as possible with little 'stance' going on.
    Originally posted by animal View Post
    Ya, agree with Mr. AK's comment, just too much tuck for me to reach for the TP..
    You guys crack me up,,,,, I read someone say, "Stanceworks is all about poke,, not tucked wheels or flush fitment" .....

I can't wait for the next "trend" ..... when everyone starts fixing their suspension geometry like race cars with raised LCA's

...... I love low cars,,,, but I "strongly dislike" driving a fast car with excessive negative camber

Last edited by indy510; 04-04-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Soooooo wait do you cheetah your tires eerrry morning? Hmmm
      drift

Comment

this stretch is awesome in every way possible, he's not making the scene look bad, its the people who are saying the fitment is too nuts or thats too much stretch.... he's doing something most of you have never seen...

If this was mike B's car people would be worshiping this thing for god's sake.....

to the OP your car is awesome in every way/shape/form keep up the awesome work man!
        HoodRatStatus
        Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Originally posted by FittedDownLow View Post
          this stretch is awesome in every way possible, he's not making the scene look bad, its the people who are saying the fitment is too nuts or thats too much stretch.... he's doing something most of you have never seen...

If this was mike B's car people would be worshiping this thing for god's sake.....

to the OP your car is awesome in every way/shape/form keep up the awesome work man!
          I could drive around with spare tires mounted on some 10" wide wheels, and no one has done that before, doesn't make it cool. Or impressive. Stretched tires are called dangerous by some because the way they mount to the wheel isn't as secure as it could be. These tires aren't even mounted to the correct portion of the wheel.
          IG: pwwhite

Comment

Originally posted by Walnuts View Post
            Wheel chair stance. Way to much stretch for me I liked the two previous setups a lot better

WTF is wheelchair stance ?

OP car is tits man
            C280 Build Thread
            C43 ///AMG Build Thread
            E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

I can dig it. Curious to see what changes you have in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by Duby_1.8t View Post
                Soooooo wait do you cheetah your tires eerrry morning? Hmmm
                na man they have held up no issues.

Comment

Stretched tires are fine. When inches of barrel are exposed, it's fucking stupid. Yes this is Stanceworks, yes this is a place about pushing boundaries, but really? I understand that it holds air and whatnot, but is the tire even seated on the bead?

I have seen this before and it looks stupid. There's a Celica being built right now to try and be VIP and the tires are stretched the same way (albeit even moreso than in this case) but that whole car looks like ass. This car is awesome in every single way except for the exposed barrels.

And no, people would not be worshiping this is Mike B was doing it nor would he stretch his tires in this manner.

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                  Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                    WTF is wheelchair stance ?
                    Look at the picture of the wheelchair. Now look at it's wheels. Don't you see where he is coming from?

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post

I have seen this before and it looks stupid. There's a Celica being built right now to try and be VIP and the tires are stretched the same way (albeit even moreso than in this case) but that whole car looks like ass. .
                    I posted a pic of it on page 2 lol.

BTW OP I love how everyone is telling you that your fitment is retard/stupid.
                    Like you don't already know that and like you weren't going for that look anyways LOL.
                    As I said before, looks great I would leave it the same as in these pics actually and run some spacers so the actual stretch of the tire is sitting flush with the fender.
                    I would do it.
                    Originally posted by mrfobbyaccent
                    i'm sorreh AWWPEHH
                    | 95 e36 M3-sold POS | 98 e36 M3-track rat RIP ;( | 90 NA Eunos-lookatme car |

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                      Stretched tires are fine. When inches of barrel are exposed, it's fucking stupid. Yes this is Stanceworks, yes this is a place about pushing boundaries, but really? I understand that it holds air and whatnot, but is the tire even seated on the bead?

I have seen this before and it looks stupid. There's a Celica being built right now to try and be VIP and the tires are stretched the same way (albeit even moreso than in this case) but that whole car looks like ass. This car is awesome in every single way except for the exposed barrels.

And no, people would not be worshiping this is Mike B was doing it nor would he stretch his tires in this manner.
                      stretch isnt unsafe if you know how to calculate psi to comprehend for less volume compared to a bigger tire... and that celica has 3 inches of wheel, this guy has 3/4 of an inch if that....

my 195's on tens i coould fit $1.00 on quarters in between the bead and tire, never had a problem once, and thats not driving the car like a grandma i can understand opinions and whatnot, maybe im just defensive but i really really dig this car and the wheel/tire setup it "had or has"
                      HoodRatStatus
                      Instagram @looneylow

Comment

I love how people are calling this dumb while busting fenders and scraping oil pans on their cars. he said he hasn't had any issues so he knows what he is doing. He is being different and I respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by FittedDownLow View Post
                          stretch isnt unsafe if you know how to calculate psi to comprehend for less volume compared to a bigger tire... and that celica has 3 inches of wheel, this guy has 3/4 of an inch if that....

my 195's on tens i coould fit $1.00 on quarters in between the bead and tire, never had a problem once, and thats not driving the car like a grandma i can understand opinions and whatnot, maybe im just defensive but i really really dig this car and the wheel/tire setup it "had or has"
                          I've had stretched tires for many years, trust me, I know they're as safe as a regular tire setup

Breezy with the peach Miata on TH lines is running something like a 185 on a 10.5 and while he has big sidewalls, the stretch is more extreme than this but he has almost no barrel showing. My issue with this is that he chose to mount hit tires in that spot instead of closer to the edge of the barrel for the sake of having people talk about it (as we all currently are as much as I **** to feed into that kind of mentality)

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Not to threadjack cause i think this car is baller as fuck with a lil more lowz but check this out and then give this guy criticism:

Originally posted by Shade
                            Yeah I'd be the idiot on here with a slammed Testarossa with some serious camber issues..

Comment

^^
                              "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

fucking dope!
                                BUSTER!
                                Low Standards
                                Seffer on the Stanceworks
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X