No announcement yet.

Merc W115 Cancer Resurection Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one hole patched 999,999 more to go. I need to get some CO2 so I can MIG weld instead of Flux

Comment

So those repairs were looking like shite so I decided to do something about it. I picked up some old 18 gauge steel a buddy had lying around and cut out a template for the passenger side.

I started tacing it in. And bending it to the shape of inner fender. I bent it by hand at the top. Then I couldn't bend it at the bottom by hand because the metal was wider and harder. (insert, That's what she said)

Anyway I got out my jack and lifted up the car and hit the metal. It bent into the shape of the firewall. I then tac'd it into place. Still have a lot more repair work.

Comment

Comment

sorry about the instagram pictures.

Comment

Progress is good but your picture editing hurts my eyes

Comment

i shall work on it. my phone actually takes good pictures, but instagram's settings, screws them up.

Comment

SCORE!!!!

Engine and transmission! $250 and it runs.

Pictures friday!!!

Lets just say I'm probably going to have to get some damn wide wheels.

Comment

A little. More done. Try ing to remove all the old under coating. But it's not budging.

Trying some aircraft stripper so hopefully this crap comes off.

Started strippingdown the piece of shite motor so iIcan pull it this weekend and haul it off to the scrap yard. I'llsell off the crap that is worth while.

Comment

Last edited by sawtooth4x4; 02-07-2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Last edited by sawtooth4x4; 02-07-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Picking up my Engine and Transmission tonight. I'm not sure Its going to fit.

Comment

love that your doing this from top to bottom, keep up the good work!

Comment

Got my engine and transmission yesterday.

Looking at Engine Codes I think it is an Chevy 400 CI with a 4 speed auto.

I think this may be a bit big. but for $250 for the combo I'm not complaining.

Trying to straighten the inner fender structure since apparently it was in a wreck at some time. Just working on hammering the dents out, then I'll start cutting out the rust holes.

Passenger side finished mostly, I need to plate the frame next for the motor, then pull the sub-frame, clean it and try to fit the V8 in there.

Comment

Cleaned the garage, and bought a second set of jack stands.

I'm going to drain the engine oil, and transmission oil. then I can pull the motor.

Comment

So dyslexia struck again. I actually have a 305 cubic inch v8. and 700R4. I read the numbers wrong. opps.

That's okay, I'll throw a cam in it, and a 2 barrel carb. I think it'll actually work better then the 400 CI.

Comment

Working...
                                X