No announcement yet.

Stance noob GTO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeeeaaally digging it. Looks so oem plus on those. Spacing the rears would help
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

• Some nice photos from my brother

Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
      check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

• I like it a lot, but at the same time something looks a little off. I feel like the size of the car/wheel arches make it look like the wheels are too small and are being swallowed. And spacers are definitely a good idea, keep it up man!
        ///M 2.0
        G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

• I just finished reading this thread from start to finish, really enjoyed it. Those style 5's are definately the way to go.
          Innocence
          CG Media
          http://facebook.com/CLGMedia

Comment

• This car is so clean! I really like how you kept it simple, just low and rims!

Comment

• Nice car

OP, you know where you're going wrong with your front stage?

You're using conventional car audio drivers.

An 86db @ 1w speaker isn't gonna be enough to mate with the output of your sub.

Pro audio would be the best route to be honest

I been in your shoes before

Even to the point i had an almost 3 grand dynaudio front end

It couldn't keep up with the 2 ssa xcons in the trunk

Visit http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/hlcd/ for more info.
              Last edited by edzyy; 06-16-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Well first carnage...

That is my passenger side cat. I drove over the covers on the ground at a gas station and heard a pop as the welds on the rear of the cat broke.

Plan... Delay the audio build a few weeks :'(. Get JBA catless midpipes and JBA shorty headers. I should gain an inch or so of clearance with this exhaust set up. Then proceed to do the stereo build. I may still have it all done for Import Alliance's summer meet.

Comment

• Damn I guess I have a bit of an update...

bent this guy a little

well that appears to be a crack...

and I already have a new skidplate so why not just plastidip it....

where I hit... Something tells me I'm not the first to break my car here...

I have already contacted Public Works and a claims form is being sent to my house... hopefully. They posted road construction signs the next day and now have repaired the road.

Otherwise I have some positive updates...

My car has now been moved from the local Porsche dealer to Fast Track Performance a shop that works on a bunch of LS cars. If they can find a used GTO oil pan the car should be running in the next few days. On most of the LS car the subframe has to be dropped to put a new oil pan in so that sucks.

I figured while its at a good shop I may as well have new headers and midpipes thrown on. So I have a set of JBA shorty headers and catless midpipes on their way to Louisville. With the impending costs of the oil pan repair I have dropped the big stereo build and I ordered some Infinity Reference series 6.5's. Being that my parents seem to want to help me with the repair costs I am going to probably stay out the stereo build and do more stuff that would be cool. I am planning to make an 05/06 GTO vararam otrcai fit the car. My buddy offered to lend me his diablosport tuner so for now that's what I'll use to tune the car until I can have a proper dyno tune done.

For my birthday my parents ordered me a ultra-gauge which I think is pretty awesome and way less tacky than a million gauges in the interior
                  Last edited by GTOguy; 07-13-2013, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• So I got my car running again which made me happy ...

And it made it to ImportAlliance

As you notice the car was back on stockers....

I drove it to class the day after I got it back. Literally 30 seconds after I thought now I can relax and enjoy the car again I spotted a probably 6" tall 10" wide rock in the middle of my lane. I swerved to avoid it and not bust my brand new oil pan.... And I caught my rear wheel.... So this happened 2 days before IA...

I posted the pictures on facebook and my buddy messaged me and said he was free and he could try to fix it. I got the wheel to him and he said "oh this won't be bad, I've fixed way worse"... I was baffled. So I headed home and by the time I was pulling into the driveway I had these sent to me.

So if the wheel was fixed in time why didn't I run them for the show? I am a college student and live at home during the summer and my parents think the wheel isn't safe to drive on and my tire had some internal damage. I should have a new tire ordered pretty soon since no one stocks 225/35/17s. And be rocking them again soon.

I also got my new component speakers in and they sound incredible.

Comment

• Damn that was vent pretty good, guessing torch and a mallet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                        Damn that was vent pretty good, guessing torch and a mallet?
                        Yep. I was amazed he got it straight.

Comment

• I got my wheels back on

I bought some tires from a buddy but went with 245/40 rears. I had to roll my fenders back a little further but it wasn't too bad. It rubs a little but not too extremely much. Since I am nearly clearing I think I am going to try to widen the rear wheels 2 inches and run a 295 on the rear and maintain the same fit. In the front I will probably widen the wheels 1 inch and run a 225 or 235.

I had a little photoshoot from a local page called dirty thirteen

The photos were by Charlie Smith

Comment

• Grill looks awesome in black.

Comment

• Long time no posts... Still rocking the bbs's, I have yet to break anything (knocks on wood). I have a few more pics of the car though. I want to thank my brother (Perry Fortney), Charlie Smith, Dustin Lewis, Chad Rasmussen, Tom McAdam, Andrew Nguyen, and Igor Polegkiy for the photos because I am no photographer.

A pic from LS Fest

and on our way home my brother took this by sticking his iphone out his window lol. But it survived the ride home

And a little update. My buddy and I are going to be building new ABS plastic splitters based off of my old one. So I should have a splitter before too long. We are also going be building custom one off otrcai's for the car. I am planning to widen the wheels probably before spring. I am planning to widen them to 17x10 and 17x9 or 9.5 and run a 295 in the rear and somewhere between a 245 and 265 in the front. I am planning to get a cam and supporting mods sometime in the next year with a goal of low 400's. I will most likely be toning back the stereo to get some weight out the rear to raise it up and not worry about clearance with a 295s. As the car sits I can pull several car lengths on most stock gto's even at 300+ lbs heavier than them and way more camber in the rear.
                              Last edited by GTOguy; 09-09-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• I haven't updated this in a little while. I have had some more pictures taken. I absolutely love having a brother who's into photography. I was planning to buy a Holden Monaro CV8Z bumper until the deal fell through. So I decided to get a Awespeed otrcai for my car. It was cheaper to get one in white so I am going to plastidip it red along with my strut bar, radiator shroud, and part of my fuel rail covers. Here are some pictures of it recently.

Anyways, I hope to see some of you all at ImportAlliance I just booked my room for the weekend. Feel free to say hi if you see me.

Comment

Working...
                                X