Looking a little prettier than the last pic like this:

good enough polish for my liking:

I didn't take a pic of all 4 polished lips but here are 3 of them:

Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

Wheels are now 99.9% done woot woot

So why it isn't 100%

I had one bolt tip snap off in a nut so the nut is ruined... and one of the bolts I just used a hammer to get out had pretty bad damage to the threads so no nuts would fit on.

I will be making an order with Tunershop in the am for 1 new bbs bolt and 1 new bbs nut run: run: run: that is unless someone has 1 bbs bolt and a nut or a better suggestion thanks

Also I need to dremel my center caps clips off and hot glue the cap to the wheels' center caps.

So tomorrow will include lots of detailing and some time at TNAW. I know I have to throw the enkei's on the black goat... If I can find some crazy cheap 205/40/17s on CL or here (again if you can help out I will be forever grateful) I may rock the style 5's for wbtb but otherwise will just lower the coilovers all the way with my prettier set of stockers on.

Comment

Good work!!

Btw I want your ls6 for my Z lol Il be looking for a GTO ls6 motor soon!

You should cam this thing out. They sound so beautiful idling , pure secks!
        StayLowAndTucked my friends

Comment

Originally posted by Katyboi View Post
          Good work!!

Btw I want your ls6 for my Z lol Il be looking for a GTO ls6 motor soon!

You should cam this thing out. They sound so beautiful idling , pure secks!
          the gto has the ls1 but pretty minor work turns it into an ls6. I may have a cam in the near future. The car will either go the full air slammed no performance route or the lift it a hair and removing the big bass set up.

Comment

Last night I was too tired to write up a full update post so I'll do it now. I test fit the wheels on wood blocks and lowered the car a little yesterday.

Here are some pics:

only a little low:

final height on summer tires:

Comment

Normally I would think 18's would look better, but I have faith in this.
              What tire size are you gonna do?
              Originally posted by electricalbox
              12 inches of goodness!

Comment

Test fit looks awesome!
                1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by Strawhat View Post
                  Normally I would think 18's would look better, but I have faith in this.
                  What tire size are you gonna do?
                  I am trying to figure that out. Either 205/40/17s or 215/40/17s in the front and probably something a little meatier in the rear maybe a 245/40/17 but that may be too wide to clear well

btw I love your subaru build

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                  Test fit looks awesome!
                  thank you very much.

love your saturn build as well

Comment

So I want to make an update but I have no updates just some pictures I have found of my car at Water By the Bridge

So here those are:

people seemed to be liking my brother's black car. I guess throwing some nice wheels on and a mirror finished black car is more interesting. Claybar is a cool thing though. Right now both of our cars look pretty close to perfect. I wish I had my style 5's on for this

Last edited by GTOguy; 03-20-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Just a little update.

My 3 "new" nuts and bolts came in yesterday. They were used but good condition they are now soaking in vinegar to loosen up the loctite and minimal tarnish. I will probably finish true assembly of the wheels tomorrow. I am hoping to order the proper BBS center caps monday being that they are off of backorder. However if anyone reading this thread knows of 70mm Pontiac center caps I may go with those instead. But the BBS ones are the way I'm leaning

Comment

I never mentioned this but I did look into the costs of a few down the road possible future plans for the GTO...

So if I want to go crazier with the stance stuff I looked up a kit to go to air. The kit for VZ Monaro/Commodore appears to be $4100 for the kit which I am not 100% sure if that is US or Australian

This website is for sale! tubularsuspensionsystems.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, tubularsuspensionsystems.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The other big route I could go is a twin turbo set up with will end up being a lot more that the turbo kit itself. Right now I am really liking the UPP turbo kit with with Fuel pump upgrades will be 6k even. However I would rebuild my whole engine since it has 90k miles on it and also the drivetrain would need several upgrades due to the power increase. I have read properly turbo charging the car can cost up to $15000 which is pretty crazy since the car is worth something like 10-20k

here the turbo kit is:

just my thoughts for today...lol

Comment

I was looking at boosting mine, Ended up going with a nice heads/cam package from texas speed, Nothing like a good stance and a scary sound! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GOATGUY91 View Post
                            I was looking at boosting mine, Ended up going with a nice heads/cam package from texas speed, Nothing like a good stance and a scary sound! lol.
                            Yeah if I go the route of more fast and loud then that's probably what I will do. I just posted on ls1gto with a bunch of shorty vs LT headers questions so hopefully I get some help there. With the car as low as it is I am not sure I would be able to run LT's

Comment

Long tubes is where you want to be if you go h/c/I, shortys are wasted money cause you will never fully unlock your engine potential with them. My car is pretty low and I have no issues with mine.You don't really loose any more clearance then what you do with stock manifolds and mid pipes. A couple scraping sounds here and there but hey, That's what this forum is all about!

Comment

Originally posted by GOATGUY91 View Post
                                Long tubes is where you want to be if you go h/c/I, shortys are wasted money cause you will never fully unlock your engine potential with them. My car is pretty low and I have no issues with mine.You don't really loose any more clearance then what you do with stock manifolds and mid pipes. A couple scraping sounds here and there but hey, That's what this forum is all about!
                                that makes me feel a little better. Svede (of svedespeed otrcai) commented back on my thread and told me not to worry to much about the ride height issue. He said his car is lowered 20mm so nothing extreme but he said he rarely scrapes his. I drag my stock manifolds and midpipes if I leave my driveway wrong so that could be an issue but we'll see.

And then a little update:

I finally made my order with Pure Motorsports. 4 70mm BBS center caps, and a center cap removal tool. So that makes the last order before tires for the wheels.

My brother made a photoshop of each of our goals aesthetically for our cars. mine just get the Style 5's on, His: plastidip his wheels yellow or gold I am not really sure and lower it significantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X