No announcement yet.

Stance noob GTO build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother took some pictures of our cars today. I don't really understand what makes a "good" photo but I picked some off of his SD card and thought I'd throw them up here.

Does this picture look like it is from the cars movie?

Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
    check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

I want to do this to my trunk well not the tub but the fuel cell. Then maybe I'd have the capacity to break a 140 with 4kw of power....
      Last edited by GTOguy; 04-04-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I got a box of BBS goodies from fedex today:

And how they will look on the wheels:

Oh and my brother and I helped my friend with plastidipping some stuff on his RX8

I also used some left over Mothers metal polish to polish out the exhaust tips.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post
          Does this picture look like it is from the cars movie?

It totally does!

Comment

if you were to put a lip on this it would look amazing, don't get me wrong it looks great the way it is and you've done a great job on this build but that front lip would look amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Belvader View Post
              if you were to put a lip on this it would look amazing, don't get me wrong it looks great the way it is and you've done a great job on this build but that front lip would look amazing
              Either more exhaust work or the lip will be my next mod. I'm leaning towards the exhaust though some nice shorty headers, catless mid pipes, and turn downs after my mufflers I would think should make it sound better and filling in the single exit exhaust hole should pretty up the rear end a little bit

Comment

I took a little pic today and thought I would share. And yes I'm still on the stockers. So the car will be about an inch or so lower when I'm done

needs more low right?

Comment

And that is all

Comment

Back when 997 GT3's first came out my dad had one. He went through many splitters/lips and said they were pretty cheap to replace ($90) I know when my car was sitting next to his the front bumper sizes was fairly similar so I am thinking I am going to continue the german parts on my car theme and try to make it work and if it doesn't I only wasted $90.

Comment

looks promising, love the style 5's, have you ever though of re lip and barrel them to the exact fitment of the goat?
                      sigpic
                      IG: @gman1227_

Comment

Originally posted by gman1227 View Post
                        looks promising, love the style 5's, have you ever though of re lip and barrel them to the exact fitment of the goat?
                        Thanks. They are 2 piece wheels so I can't really get new lips and barrels unless they were custom made, but I don't really have the money for custom lips right now. I will probably have them widened and run spacers though.

Comment

I have a little update. I am getting a splitter on friday. Just an abs plastic flat splitter but it should look good.

just a few pictures I got from the current owner:

The BBS's should be on in a week or 2

Comment

So after I got my splitter mounted up I ran out with my brother to have him snap some pictures of the car with it. The bbs's could be going on this week so I'm excited about that too.

Comment

looking good as always man, splitter is a nice touch
                              1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                              1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                                looking good as always man, splitter is a nice touch
                                thank you. Yeah I am really liking how it looks. I may re-adjust it slightly to be more flat opposed to following the upward slope of the underside of the bumper.

I figure I'll share the teaser video of Matt Ward's beautiful goat...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zTFY4ZVUpg"]GTO Teaser - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X