w114 moocedes w115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and there it is mounted, finally, unfortunately I have found a typo on it

however, I can now get it inspected for roadworthiness/safety/fitness and do the paperwork, pay the monies and drive... Should be having it maiden drive on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Im having some issues with the airlift unit, but Jeremy has been very helpfull and hopefully this will resolve itself shortly. With the reality that things happen, im going to install some manual bypass valves so I can manually add air if the worst happens, as the car is basically a brick when airred out totally.

Then boredom has kicked into a few other little additions...

new airtank

and oops!

W114 moocedes W115

Comment

• Widened steelies! Fckyeah!
      Lucas
      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
      Originally posted by LCG
      High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Love the car. Love the color scheme. could you tell me more about the steel wheels? what car did that originally come off of? sorry if this is dumb question. not familiar with them. thanks

Comment

• Love the look of the Merc very interested how the banding goes as thinking bout doing the same and then just retro fitting the old 14s hubcaps in them

Comment

• Originally posted by SeymourButz View Post
            Love the car. Love the color scheme. could you tell me more about the steel wheels? what car did that originally come off of? sorry if this is dumb question. not familiar with them. thanks
            Cant really give a 100% answer on what model they are from, I searched them out basically on the size specs. I have noticed someone else has found a set, they asked a few pages back but have now changed user name...

Originally posted by kipperhughes View Post
            Love the look of the Merc very interested how the banding goes as thinking bout doing the same and then just retro fitting the old 14s hubcaps in them
            Banding is just for some fun, there are a big no no here on the road, so they wont be a permanent addition. I have a set of standard 185/75's for tyres, just deciding if 8.5" is big enough.

Small profile tyres on rims to get low is cheating
            W114 moocedes W115

Comment

• jeez thats looking good, love the red, with white walls, you going to have a different color of the body or leaving it green?

Comment

• Still not mobile.. Im beached on the concrete atm awaiting a ups delivery. bugger

Meanwhile, have a rim to confirm offset over the weekend.

and realised I hadnt really taken a snap of the finished engine bay etc
                W114 moocedes W115

Comment

• Wow fantastic mate

Not my usual style but I'm a big big fan of this !

Great work on getting it mod plated !
                  BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by niscort View Post
                    Cant really give a 100% answer on what model they are from, I searched them out basically on the size specs. I have noticed someone else has found a set, they asked a few pages back but have now changed user name...
                    I think this was me good sir! had some log in issues and had to restart an account, i grabbed a set of 16' steelies from a newer merc but i can't remember now what year or model it was.. i know i had to be really specific in year to get a half decent offset, look similar to yours but I'm going to need to run some spacers on the rear, at least 20-30mm too fill the guard a bit better.

Your merc is looking mint by the way, love the styling and all the work thats gone into it, I've got a 4 door 280e and a 2 door 280ce up here in the Queensland, can't believe how rare parts are becoming for these beasts now!
                    Mercedes abuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattHatCat View Post
                      Great work on getting it mod plated !
                      thanks

Originally posted by 541NTT View Post
                      I think this was me good sir!
                      you are correct. I had originally thought they were a set of 12 slotters when i first saw your thread.

A ghetto fix for the airbags

which allowed me to finally sort out a wheel alignment
                      W114 moocedes W115

Comment

• How's it go with the turbo 6 in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by SBW114 View Post
                          How's it go with the turbo 6 in it?
                          yeah good, so far.

unfortunately not wth out a few issues.
                          water pump has already died and been replaced.
                          Replaced the rear drive shafts last weekend to resolve a noise and vibration... which is still there.. managed to get the car running on a hoist and may have overlooked aligning the universal joints when installing the tailshaft. That will come out this weekend and hopefully stop the rumble for good.

other than that.. still playing with the widened stocks... set the offset for the rears. just need a chance to confirm this work for the fronts as well

parked after its first trip... iced up windscreen and fog.. fun fun

W114 moocedes W115

Comment

• been playing again.. have taken another 10mm out of the bag brackets all round. To make the most of this there was a bit of cutting..

cant go any lower in the rear as im now dragging the diff housing

front has gone down as well with some clearancing required on the subframe to control arms. Exhaust will need some more work to fit
                            W114 moocedes W115

Comment

• doin it right!
                              Like a glove

Comment

• Hi mate could you tell the red steel wheel size and tyre sizes you have fitted on your car please? And which model merc they are from

Comment

Working...
                                X