Something different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DukeNukeEm' View Post
    TBH I **** the look of these cars, but I love different builds. This thing is hella cool man, keep it up!

Looks so mean with slicks
    Thanks! I have sold the slicks to my boss because he can put them to better use than I can. I invested in a bunch of heat wrap for both the exhaust and the intake to help keep under hood temperatures down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl-6nr-_Ies

Short video, I have the car out and about. Mild issue with the power steering right now so I am hoping its a cheap repair.

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Exhaust noises under load

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Track run shenanigans!

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Random photo dump

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Big news, car is slated for paint this month and the remainder of the stand alone parts will be trickling in soon as well. Then its just mild suspension repairs and track time / driving / general cleaning

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Sweet! You sir may officially have the coolest Intrepid known to man. I really admire the fact that you drive such a generally unloved car in such an enthusiastic manner.
              sigpic

Comment

• So, some things have happened.

Finally got the car to the shop for paint and body work. Have been putting in 3-4 hours nightly tackling the small spaces for sanding and panel alignment while waiting on the SRT4 in the booth to be finished.

What originally started as an idea in my head is finally happening. Should look better than a hole cut in the hood!

Louvers are super generic 'angled louvers' off of eBay and I can't wait.

Have also been slicing into my bumpers to clean up the 'ram air' (literally just a hacked up old foglight and the tabs behind it cleaned up) and made an opening in the rear bumper for the tow strap to sit.

Also been working on the template to make new mirrors work. As much as I wanted Ganador mirrors I opted for these:

I think they will look good and the wider viewing angle is a bonus.

The SRT4 is just waiting on paint for the bumper and spoiler and it will be done and my car goes into the booth and it will be painted in no time! I can't wait!!

Volo In Timore

Comment

• So, of course life happens. My car *finally* went into the paint booth 2 weeks ago and I have the whole thing sanded. Now I just have to clean it then mask and then primer. I will have to do another large picture update in a bit

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Okay, another thread revival is in order. Car is still not painted because life. And I took some advice on a few other things which just slowed things down more, and then more life happened.

First of all, made some beautiful aluminium mounts for my APR mirrors

I think they turned out nicely. Was a lot more work than I want to admit to, lots of fine tuning to get them to fit. In the picture they are finger tightly mounted since they weren't staying. I spent all of 5 minutes giving them a 'brushed' look because they were being shipped out to be finished.

They car at least has primer on it!!

And then I tackled a whole bunch of little things to be looked after (fender liner, strut mounts, transmission temp sensor, coolers mounting / location) and started getting ready for the standalone change over. Installing sensors and mounting the Dominator to start planning out the wiring routing.

Also cleaned up the engine bay a tiny bit as well. Make it look presentable when finished for the occasional car show I may attend.

I spend way too much time on the Design Engineering website so I have a bunch of their products to install in the engine bay as well

Also made the decision to get a 'round' throttle body instead of the 'egg shape' OEM piece that is the bane to the intake and cause of many boost leaks

But a 4 bolt mounting won't work on a 3 bolt mount plenum, and it is a composite piece with plastic caps glued in place so....

I'm learning a little bit of metal bending.

And that's mostly caught up. I think, probably should have had a lot more finished but things happen.

Can't wait to be finished

Volo In Timore

Comment

• awesome
                      2 328i e36's
                      Saabaru linear 2.5na
                      Various projects.
                      sigpic
                      Intro;
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• More small progress

With going to standalone, I decided to 'trim' the alternator bracket since it will no longer be used as a brace for wiring.

And after some frsh paint to clean up the look

Also, with increase in power means better stopping gear is mandatory, so I have this piled up and ready to go, as well as some Castrol SRF brake fluid

And some progress on the intake plenum front!

Thanks for tuning in, this week I should majority of the wiring routed in the engine bay

Volo In Timore

Comment

• This is all kinds of cool. Loving the fabrication work on this, and am excited for paint!

Scottish idiot with an unhealthy E39 obsession... @scumbag_mike

Comment

• This really is something different, hehehe. Your mods have given this platform a cool, weird swagger. kudos.

I've never seen rectangular intake ports before...

Comment

• Rectangular ports were what the factory cast which flowed into an oval after. I dunno why, but Dodge tends to do things weirdly

I can say that 'next time' I will make them funnel differently by making them separate pieces because funneling these things has not been fun...

Other than mild fabrication, been working on the wiring harness routing, had an epiphany and got it mostly sorted, still need to figure out placement and routing of a few wires, but they aren't on the engine yet so the exact routing is to be determined.

And then, discovered that I need to hard wire the ignition wire harness to the ignition wire connector because Holley sucks...

Oh well, if it was easy, this wouldn't be the first time its being done on a car like this, the challenge is part of the fun, right??
                              Last edited by DjGreggieP; 11-25-2018, 10:21 AM.

Volo In Timore

Comment

• Before you cut these harnesses, the connectors are metripack 570.
                                Maybe you can do a patch harness...

Alwasy cool to see progress on this thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X