Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kittenpuncher
    replied
    The Hella Heckblende completes the rear IMO, I love those things. I want one for a b3/b3 passat wagon when I own one, one day.

Can't wait to see the new wheels.

Leave a comment:

• sleeps
    replied
    Lovely.

Leave a comment:

• getamongst-it
    replied
    Here's the first of the new goodies that've been added for 2014. A friend of mine has had this Walnut-gripped Italvolanti for a few years now and I've been begging him to sell it to me. He finally was in a pinch and offered it up to me, I could not pass.

Originally he thought it was a VW Motorsports wheel because it had adorned a VWMS center pad along the way somewhere. After doing some research, I found out that this was originally fitted to an early 90s AMG of some sort and the pad had been lost since. I had to carefully redrill the center to bolt up to my VWMS hub (Italvolanti 3-bolt pattern) and I decided to run my 16v pad because I'm so partial to it. It's a bit bigger than my leather-gripped wheel, and I couldn't be happier. There will be a red walnut shift knob coming soon which should match perfectly.

Also, I was in the hunt for steering wheel goodies and I came across this advert which was cut from an old magazine. I'm unsure which but for $10 I had to have it on my wall immediately.

Last edited by getamongst-it; 03-10-2014, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• getamongst-it
    replied
    that's it for this year

lifted/sitting on some Flyers for the winter while I get these wheels sold and get ready for the new Jawns. Got some other things planned too.

Leave a comment:

• getamongst-it
    replied
    P.S.
    These wheels are now for sale, local pickup only, located in central Connecticut.

Konig Retrack - $400

-15x7.5, +32, 4x100 only
    -165/50 Federal Formosas (pretty smoked but still hold air)
    -VW MK1 center caps, or you can have the Konig caps (still brand new)
    -great condition, only minor pitting on edges of lips from long drives all season, no major gouges, not curbed
    Last edited by getamongst-it; 10-17-2013, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• getamongst-it
    replied
    Originally posted by Belvader View Post
    your mk2 is simply orgasmic
    thanks! I'm super happy with it and I'm already planning for a few upgrades over the winter.

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
    Update us with some pics of your car from H20i can never get enough of this classic VW.
    sure thing! I didn't wanna be that guy and drown anyone with photos but since you asked, I had sorta an impromptu photo shoot just me by myself between seeing friends and here's a few from that.

Borrowed a genuine Hella Heckblende from my buddy Mike Lynch. He runs Lock City Drift and has that rad VW 1.8T powered e30. He's been hoarding the Heckblende for a few years until he gets back in the MK2 game and after having it on my car I'm looking into purchasing a brand new in box one from a dude in Canada.

This one was shot by Justin "Canimuff" Hallock of mine and Timbo's cars at our condo:

Leave a comment:

• kittenpuncher
    replied
    Update us with some pics of your car from H20i can never get enough of this classic VW.

Leave a comment:

• Belvader
    replied
    your mk2 is simply orgasmic

Leave a comment:

• getamongst-it
    replied

The other night I made a hockey puck front motor mount which solved the issues I was having with hood clearance at the fuel rail, while at the same time stiffening up the motor from moving around. I drilled it out to a 1/2" bolt so that shit ain't goin anywhere. Unfortunately I couldn't get a grade 8 in that length locally, so I got a grade 5 zinc plated, but it'll more than suffice as this bolt sees little to no shear tension.

Leave a comment:

• getamongst-it
    replied
    Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
    Love this build man. Really wish I was going to H2O so I could hang with everyone .
    We missed you and the rest of the S|W crew man!

This for me personally was easily the best H2O ever. I don't think I slept more than 4 hours any one night and I'm so glad I got to see so many friends. I can't wait for SoWo now, and all the things that I have planned for my car between now and then. Next year is gonna be great.

high on life.

Leave a comment:

• theseeker411
    replied
    Love this build man. Really wish I was going to H2O so I could hang with everyone .

Leave a comment:

• getamongst-it
    replied
    new sprung 6-puck clutch is in, replaced 3 seals, a bushing and 3 gaskets. can't be any more fresh!

drove to work today breaking in the new setup, grabs awesome. I like the feel of this better than the full-faced clutch personally. See y'all in Ocean City! I'll be down tomorrow night.

Leave a comment:

• getamongst-it
    replied
    Originally posted by BenVAG View Post
    wow this car has come a long way! bet your stoked on it, its freshhh
    Originally posted by ldl180i View Post
    Hope you get things done in time. Car is looking good though.
    thanks guys. It'll be done for sure.

I pulled the transmission off last night, it took me about 2 hours by myself, I don't have a lift, or a transmission jack, so I just bench pressed it.

I found the culprit, just sucks the brand new clutch disc got ruined. If you're not at all familiar with O2O style VW transmissions, they have a pushrod that comes out of the center of the input shaft and that is what disengages the clutch by pressing on a thrust plate on the pressure plate that sits at the center of the flywheel (which is open in the center). It's an odd setup that uses the flywheel to fully enclose the clutch setup, with the pressure plate bolted to the crank. Only other place I've seen this kinda setup is on tractors. haha

Turns out the brass bushing that the pushrod rides on was worn out, causing it to ovalize the seal which is why it got worse and worse over time as little bits of 75w-80 escaped past the seal. I never noticed it before because the pushrod seal was still ok seemingly. So new brass bushing, new pushrod seal, and new input shaft seal for good measure. I also replaced the oil filter housing to block gasket when I had the motor out and that started leaking. I'm not sure why, it's a metal gasket with a crush section, but I found out there's also a different style gasket for the same thing so I ordered one of each to compare because they're only $3. Maybe a light application of some copper RTV is in order too.

Either way, I'll have the transmission back on this weekend, break in the clutch for 2 days and drive down to H2O Tuesday or Wednesday, so see everyone there! (funny how this always happens right before shows)
    Last edited by getamongst-it; 09-19-2013, 12:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ldl180i
    replied
    Hope you get things done in time. Car is looking good though.

Leave a comment:

• BenVAG
    replied
    wow this car has come a long way! bet your stoked on it, its freshhh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X