No announcement yet.

Dear Darla, I **** your stinkin' guts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand that spot back down to bare metal, and use some Bulldog. I had the same problem with a few spots on my front bumper a year or two ago when I repainted it, this stuff did the trick.

It almost looks like the same thing that happens when brake fluid permeates through steel- no paint can stick to it, everything just kind of "bubbles" off.

Also, rear valence looks incredible. Nice work dude.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Cory that bumper setup looks awesome, it tucks in there perfectly. Keep at it with the hood, bodywork is so frustrating. Basically I walked away from my car learning one this is that everything contaminates everything so clean it 2 more times than you think is needed before spraying haha that crap is so sensitive.
      Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Going to make an exhaust cutout and elongate the tips to meet the rear skirt?
        I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by WICKED WEISS View Post
          Can I touch your beard.
          No.
          Originally posted by Trigsby View Post
          So much progress, man. So proud of ol' Darla.
          :3
          Originally posted by csermonet47 View Post
          Valence looks killer!
          [-:
          Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
          Your paint issues to me look like they are caused by an incompatible primer and paint. If you use a spray can primer that is an epoxy primer, you should have no issues. If you are using a filler primer, they tend to shrink and that could be your issue. I am just guessing though because I have no way to know what products you are using.
          Yup. I read the labels and the rattle can primer I used had different solvents than my normal primer. So I'm going to have to...
          Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
          i would strip it to bare metal n go from there
          ^ do that.
          Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
          Sand that spot back down to bare metal, and use some Bulldog. I had the same problem with a few spots on my front bumper a year or two ago when I repainted it, this stuff did the trick.

It almost looks like the same thing that happens when brake fluid permeates through steel- no paint can stick to it, everything just kind of "bubbles" off.

Also, rear valence looks incredible. Nice work dude.
          Thanks. I've used that stuff before. quite effective for unpainted rub strips if you want paint to stick to them, but it wouldn't help in my case.
          Originally posted by getamongst-it View Post
          Cory that bumper setup looks awesome, it tucks in there perfectly. Keep at it with the hood, bodywork is so frustrating. Basically I walked away from my car learning one this is that everything contaminates everything so clean it 2 more times than you think is needed before spraying haha that crap is so sensitive.
          Yeah I usually have a lot better luck. Just got that cheap primer in a pinch and now it's biting me in the ass.
          Originally posted by got splits? View Post
          Going to make an exhaust cutout and elongate the tips to meet the rear skirt?
          Yeah, that's the plan. Just a dual 3" straight pipe from the axle back.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
            Yeah, that's the plan. Just a dual 3" straight pipe from the axle back.
            Perfect. Can't wait to see this bitch soon.
            I dislike Byron.

Comment

• well I finally got around to taking care of that LOWER IT MOAR WHEELGAPZ OMG 4X4 STATUS business going on. The idea was to use mk1 vw strut inserts because I read somewhere once that 2002 guys do it, and the strut cartridge outer diameter matched mine. Turned out they were a LOT shorter. To the point that we were afraid it would be too low and the car wouldn't roll anymore. the cartridges had a body length difference of 5.5", which meant I would have to shorten my housing by that length. the fully compressed length of my original cartridges just about matched the fully EXTENDED length of the new ones, and you can't drive around with so much preload that the shock is fully extended all the time without breaking something. But I decided to just go for it. YOLO

The end result certainly looks handsome. It was high enough to drive without too much preload, and drives and handles better than it ever has. I love it when a plan comes together.

Comment

• Awesome! Can't wait to see it at SoWo.

Comment

• Excellent updates!

Comment

• I have no words to describe my love for ///M stripes... And your car looks perfect with them!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/90251835@N06/10396307803/]

Comment

• Ahhhh the shit just got real, the newer shock is so fucking short! How's the ride comfort?
                      sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• UM Ass!!! we need pix of side ride height hahaha

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Or you know, you could just say "hey it's lower and handles better" but not show it to us... It's cool.
                          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Rude

Comment

• Yeah man let us see it

And that that rear valance really does look quite nice

Comment

• You could've just added a "spacer" at the bottom of the strut housing for the cartridge to sit on so it sits higher. That way you wouldn't have had to shorten your housings by so much. A lot of e30 guys do that and I did it on mine with no problems.

I made a video of my e30 coilover build and strut housing shortening, if you watch from 4:20-4:38 you'll see what I mean. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q7xUSNRyLI"]BMW E30 Strut Housing Shortening Tutorial + Ground Control Coilover Build - YouTube[/ame]

But it seems everything worked out so that's good. In case for some reason you ever decide you don't have enough travel and snag a stock set of front strut housings and give it another go, the spacer might do the trick.
                                Last edited by CubbyChowder; 05-03-2013, 10:13 PM.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Working...
                                X