No announcement yet.

In search of stance: my 99 grand prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay its time for a decent update. So the deal with the old bags was that some of the struts were blown and I needed some replacements. The new ones are the cartriges that I showed a little earlier. So I had to cut the brackets off of the old ones and I my buddy welded them all up for me.

The new ones are slightly longer so I had to move the brackets around some

And how they turned out

But then on the way to work some guy decided that he wanted to merge all the way left to take a left ramp and pushed me off into a curb. He put a small dent in my back quarter and I got 2 bent wheels and a hole in my bumper from hitting a sign. My insurance company helped me out though and I ordered 2 new wheels and I'll be hitting up the junkyard pretty soon.

I made a bunch of progress today. My trunk setup is done minus one small air leak and the false floor to cover everything. I got my struts back in and everything is working nicely and the new struts ride so much better now. And best of all I think I was able to get a tiny bit lower. So once I get the wheels sorted out, everything should be back to normalish again. Sorry for the bird feeder and I've been messing with the center caps some to see if I like them or not. I also got a new spoiler but I forgot to take good pictures of it.

Comment

• Props man, that thing is laid out. Would love to see this on some different wheels. Height looks great though.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Man this thing is looking great laid out

Comment

• u can't get the car away from that mismatch fender lol

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
            Props man, that thing is laid out. Would love to see this on some different wheels. Height looks great though.
            Thanks! I hope I can get some legit wheels pretty soon but I need to quit living in all of these stupid college housing places. My car has been messed with so many times that I'm scared of getting anything too nice for right now. But definitely in the plans!

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
            Man this thing is looking great laid out
            Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
              u can't get the car away from that mismatch fender lol
              Haha I know! But since I need to go to the junkyard for a new bumper again I'm hoping to pick up a white fender while I'm at it. Its still way cheaper than getting it painted

Comment

• your JY is loaded with GPs lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bakerdd View Post
                  Thanks! I hope I can get some legit wheels pretty soon but I need to quit living in all of these stupid college housing places. My car has been messed with so many times that I'm scared of getting anything too nice for right now. But definitely in the plans!
                  You have plans for better wheels, I'm very much ok with that.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• any updated on this David??

I'm tempted to bag my newest addition to my grand prix family lol

Comment

• Well I would have never thought one of these could look so good. Hats off to you sir! This looks TOUGH.

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• Nope, no real updates to speak of other than I got my bent wheel situation sorted. I'm still on the search for a white fender and new front bumper. The junkyard is always loaded with GP's but never the right color. I did score these cool seatbelt holders for the headrests but I don't have any pictures yet.

So just a few pictures I took the other day and the last one is a better angle of the new spoiler on the back that I've had on it for a little while. Hopefully this will tide some of you guys over until another major update haha

Comment

• I wanted to not like this...but it's too hard! This thing is just cool!!
                          IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

• THIS LOOKS SO DAM GOOD. I CAN'T GET OVER IT!!! (yes i actually scream this)

Comment

• idk if i missed it or not but im planning on dumping my gf's GP and i was wondering what front inserts those are? and how much lol cuz its just a daily beater

Comment

• Cheers bro!
                                My build thread
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

Working...
                                X