Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No matter what I do, it's still a Cavalier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, thanks to Dave (newt) I've found a new source to have my wheels widened. October 22nd I will be driving to Michigan and dropping my wheels off at Weldcraft Wheels. It is just over a 3 hour drive, and also means that I can stop and say Hi to Jay (teehee). This has me so excited I'm nearly shitting myself.

In the meantime, I've had the car off the hoist with the new wheels in the front. Without the engine in the car, they sit just over an inch from the current wheel tubs/unibody structure. That wont do. So I wasted no time and hacked one side out. Completely. Time for some big boy tubs. There is also a minor clue as to what else is happening bay-wise... not sure if anyone will catch on.

Either way, we're going full steam at this car again. Kinda happy about it.

And yeah... inside looks like this.

I found some pictures that I'm pretty sure I've never posted either... pretty sure this was the day before we left for Michigan... and the beginning of the end for the car in 2012.

Originally posted by Kielan
    Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• Tubular front end? RHD (did they even make rhd?!?!)

Idk, I'm just pulling shit outta my ass.

I love this thing though. I think its the only Cavi I've ever liked.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• My mouth hung open for most of this build and I think I drooled a little. Then I started laughing uncontrollably when I saw your license plate. You did an incredible amount of work to lower this car properly, then zip-tied your front plate on... because fuck it
        Hold on, Not done accelerating

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
          Tubular front end? RHD (did they even make rhd?!?!)

Idk, I'm just pulling shit outta my ass.

I love this thing though. I think its the only Cavi I've ever liked.
          I **** to admit it, but I love it, too. The whole car started out as a "let's see if I can do it" sorta thing and has spun wildly out of control.

Originally posted by kboers View Post
          My mouth hung open for most of this build and I think I drooled a little. Then I started laughing uncontrollably when I saw your license plate. You did an incredible amount of work to lower this car properly, then zip-tied your front plate on... because fuck it
          Haha, thanks a lot! I honestly love the way the plate looks, especially being dragged and curled under the bumper, not sure why... But, I do.

Comment

• nice! always liked Cavs.. new wheels should set it off.

and from my understanding Enkei is pronounced "en-key"
            i don't use a computer for music, Strictly HARDware, Cassettes, Vinyl, Samplers and Drum-Machines.

https://soundcloud.com/baphcat

Comment

• Well, dropped my wheels off at Weldcraft yesterday. I decided final sizing will be 17x10 et25 front and 17x10.5 et19 rear. They said two weeks and they'll be done, but I can't see myself heading down any earlier than 4-6 weeks.

Haven't actually worked on the car itself lately, been doing some side jobs to try and save up for these wheel modifications 'cause shit is EXPENSIVE. I really have no idea how the hell I'm going to fit the wheels, I just know that I will.

Comment

• Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
                Well, dropped my wheels off at Weldcraft yesterday. I decided final sizing will be 17x10 et25 front and 17x10.5 et19 rear. They said two weeks and they'll be done, but I can't see myself heading down any earlier than 4-6 weeks.

Haven't actually worked on the car itself lately, been doing some side jobs to try and save up for these wheel modifications 'cause shit is EXPENSIVE. I really have no idea how the hell I'm going to fit the wheels, I just know that I will.
                Y u no take my wheels too?

Seriously though let me know how they turn out. I sent them bastards an e-mail and never heard back and always forget throughout the day to call them.

Also curious how much they charge a wheel if you don't mind sharing. I got ahold of a place out in Cali and they charged $200 a wheel plus extra if the lips had to be machine cut or some shit. Then like another $40 to polish them. I tol' 'em I'd polish them myself.

Thanks.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• That's odd that you never heard back, I was emailing them from my iPhone and getting almost immediate responses.

They charge $225 a lip for modifications 1-3". The lip is smoothed but not polished. I'll have somewhere locally polish them. It ain't cheap, but I won't be happy with the wheels if I don't go all out right away.

A few friends of mine in the MI area have had or know of people who have had their wheels modified by Weldcraft and all have said that they couldn't be happier. I'm really looking forward to getting them back and fitting tires to them.

Comment

• Alright. Thanks for the info. I'm not gonna drive to Michigan though to drop them off so I'll have to save for shipping too. lol.

$225 isn't bad. I plan on adding 2" to the lips on my 8's so I can run my 9's up front and the 10's in the rear.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• chevys on the ground is the best around

Instagram:CHUBSTER_CRUZE

Comment

• My mind has officially been blown! I'm sitting here thinking I want to go low as I possibly can with my cavy and thinking it hasn't really been done, then I see this haha, at least no one around here is doing anything even remotly close to what you have.

Really looking forward to see the wheels on that sweet ride of yours, keep up the good work buddy, I'm really impressed on how this looks and it's giving me to motivation to go and work on mine, just need some moulah hehe

Comment

• When I saw those vette wheels I couldn't stop thinking of anything but LS1 swap!!

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys, with the new studs I can't actually even run the vette wheels anymore, which makes me happy.

Spent a few hours on my wiring harness today - I guess this will let the cat out of the bag, but I'm tucking and shaving the bay. What can I say, I get bored.

Anyways, here is what I started with:

Here is the engine harness run, I have to shorten a few wires and loom it, as well as fix it into place. However, this is exactly how it will be run.

Overall, very happy with this so far, especially for how little time I have into it. I'll likely finish this up and toss the engine in quick to mount the bulkhead connector at the firewall and finish the engine side of the wiring before the bay gets painted.

Comment

• Boredom is awesome.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• I gotta admit...I read the title and said to myself "why the hell would someone even build a cav, seems like such a waste" but now here I am 15 pages later anticipating more updates! It might not be a "worth while" car in most peoples minds (mine included until now) but the craftsmanship, blood, sweat, and Im sure tears, that you have put into it is truly awesome! Keep it up man!

edit: lol at only 2 posts haha. I come here every day and check out what people are doing...guess I could post more too haha

Comment

Working...
                                X