Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No matter what I do, it's still a Cavalier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c'mon saturday!!

DSC02796 by DruMurda, on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
      215/35 on a 10j wheel is pretty retarded.

Its gonna be hard as fuck to bead and your gonna curb up the lips of your wheels against really rough roads because your tires are so thin and your wheels are so exposed.
      These are good things.
      I am jealous of you.
      Won't be that hard to bead since the wheels have flat lips. I have 205/40's on my 9" Walds and I didn't even need a bead blaster because of the flat lips.

As long as he runs a decently high tire pressure, he should be alright.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I, unfortunately, didn't and won't get to spend the time I wanted to on the car today, being beckoned to help move my sister. Fuck.

Regardless, I spent some time fighting with tires at work this morning, put me in a bad mood, real quick.

Got two almost fully seated, but not quite. Said fuck it, that is good enough for today and went to the shop and tossed the rears on, as there is no suspension or engine in the front.

I'm happy to say that the 10.5's in the rear much to my previous skepticism fit PERFECTLY. The car is still not sitting properly since there is no front end on it, etc. But for now, I am overjoyed. (The outer bead on this particular wheel is not fully seated - the stretch looks much more drastic than it will be.)

Weldcraft Wheels did an absolutely phenominal job transitioning in the new material for the lips. James is a great guy to deal with, he fixed some curb rash for free and even cut me a deal because I brought him cash. Beyond happy with the service I got from them.

As this time, the lips are only sanded, once all the wheels are fitted to the car and everything is kosher, I'll be disassembling the wheels, having the lips polished and having the faces redone.

Hope this tides you guys over for now.

Originally posted by Kielan
        Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

• Awesome. The work looks top notch!
          God bless this mess

Comment

• Fuck man. Wheels look great. Are the weld beads keeping the tire beads from seating? You could always shave them down a smidgen and soap the shit outta the tires. I needed a lot of soap for mine.

Anyways, looks good. Now I just need to get the cash together to send my wheels out.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
              having the faces redone.
              ORLY.

I guess it was silly to assume you would leave those alone. I had completely forgot about the transmission mount. Your engine bay as a whole is pretty fucking ridiculous.

The word quality gets thrown around a lot lately with people referring to cars that just have a lot of money and 'name brand' parts thrown at them but this cars got quality fab work which makes it so much more awesome.

Needless to say I can't wait to see it done.

Oh and 17 times is absurd.

I like em dropped.

Comment

• fucking. love . this !!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sawatsky View Post
                  Awesome. The work looks top notch!
                  Thanks, Steve. You should swing out sometime.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                  Fuck man. Wheels look great. Are the weld beads keeping the tire beads from seating? You could always shave them down a smidgen and soap the shit outta the tires. I needed a lot of soap for mine.

Anyways, looks good. Now I just need to get the cash together to send my wheels out.
                  That's exactly what is happening, the tire has actually seated to the outside weld and I can't pop it over. And yeah, I intend on knocking the weld down just enough to get the tire over, but I ran out of time today.

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                  ORLY.

I guess it was silly to assume you would leave those alone. I had completely forgot about the transmission mount. Your engine bay as a whole is pretty fucking ridiculous.

The word quality gets thrown around a lot lately with people referring to cars that just have a lot of money and 'name brand' parts thrown at them but this cars got quality fab work which makes it so much more awesome.

Needless to say I can't wait to see it done.

Oh and 17 times is absurd.
                  It's not what you think! The first time I had them powdercoated, Metal Coaters did an awful job. I made it fully aware that I was not pleased with the faces and mentioned they would be coming back once the wheels were fitted. I was also warned when I dropped the wheels off at Weldcraft the the powdercoat would get burnt slightly from the TIG'ing. Which it did. Again, I had planned to redo them anyways, so it didn't matter.

The engine bay is fucking retarded. I should've slapped another pan on this car and just sold it to some schmuck last spring. But, here we are.

And thanks for the huge compliment, Dave. It means a lot coming from a guy who has literally beat the internet. You know I like doing weird shit and this car is perfect for it.

It will be 19 by the end of next week.

Originally posted by Belvader View Post
                  fucking. love . this !!!!!!!
                  Thank you, sir!

Comment

• ugh This thread gets me stiff.
                    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                    he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
                      Thanks, Steve. You should swing out sometime.
                      You're right, I really should.
                      God bless this mess

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                        ugh This thread gets me stiff.
                        Thanks, man.

Originally posted by sawatsky View Post
                        You're right, I really should.

Comment

• Took the majority of the night off, however, was at the shop for a half hour or so. I've been contemplating the last while about bumper removal. This previous summer it had to come off twice and both times it wasn't quick, nor was it a lot of fun. Believe it or not there are a lot of "quick release" type things gears towards bumpers. I wanted small, relatively descreet and something that didn't draw your eyes away. I think I've got just the thing.

Installed one, no bracketry or anything yet. I think they will work well.

Is it bad that most of the build so far is to make it easier to get on a tow-truck?

Comment

• I really love the zues fastener idea. This is something more people should do. You can even whip the bumper off to get in a friend's driveway or something.

Can you paint/powder coat the fasteners?

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

• Love the zues idea as well!! Same thoughts as to powder or paint them but since the car is silver you might not notice them from 10 ft or further away and it's not like they will stand out drastically so it might just look cool seeing them anyway!

Comment

• Looking good. Not often you hear "10.5 wheels" and Cavalier in the same sentence.

That engine bay is a work of art too. Makes me kick myself for not doing that work while I had my engine out. Oh well. Not like I could in a storage space anyway. There's always the turbo build I suppose.
                                I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

Working...
                                X