• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ this x1000000000

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• well, apparently the wiring plan is about to change.. I buttoned up all the wiring, and then got under the car to start routing through the frame rail. And its too large of a bunch to route it inside the area that i wanted it to go through

no matter, got me to thinking, and I actually came up with a far better idea. Why is the fuse box or any of those components inside the engine bay at all? no idea. So thats where things get interesting...

about to get into a wiring project im not sure i am going to be a huge fan of doing, but in the end it will simplify everything to the extent that the only wires in the whole bay are basically for coil packs, injectors, alternator, and headlights. everything else you ask... in the dash where its out of the elements and completely out of view... might even do that mil spec quick disconnect at the firewall

also decided i am redoing all of the plumbing for the power steering, and while im at it, the re-routed ps reservoir is ugly so why not change it up entirely.. and make it completely disappear too. Going to be building a 2 core aluminum overflow tank, one side for coolant, one side for power steering fluid with a channel between that can house some insulation and its all going under that centerpanel tucked up against the frame rail... here comes the ocd
      Last edited by 1badg35; 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM.
      sigpic
      1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
      1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• this whole build is so awesome! I absolutely love it man!

Comment

• You're OCD/Insane, but a perfectionist in the craft

Comment

• I'm on page 10 right now ... I just need to comment on this.
            Couldn't take it any more.
            Loving it!

Awesome build
            Absolute beaut 300ZX

Cheers

Need to finish what I missed in the last 14 pages haha

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
              the only wires in the whole bay are basically for coil packs, injectors, alternator, and headlights. everything else you ask... in the dash where its out of the elements and completely out of view... might even do that mil spec quick disconnect at the firewall
              MIL SPEC FTW!

epic build, keep up the excellent work
              2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
              2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
              1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

• Such a clean build, makes me want to do something similar when I tear my Cressida down for the 2j swap....

Comment

• In between packing my place to move and reading this build.
                  It's been a good day.

Keep up the great work!
                  I thought of so many ideas for my car just through reading all the details
                  that you've considered for the 300ZX. Thanks for the inspiration.

I enjoy the little things that make a huge difference. It's funny because most
                  people don't notice them but they do realize that there's something different
                  that brings the whole thing together so perfectly.

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

• thanks everyone. Lots more to come. I ripped out the rest of the coolant system and power steering so i could get everything set up for AN.

And I spent about an hour last night getting the harness back out of the car, but entirely this time. And i have to unfortunately pull my dash out again (huge pain in the ass). so that will happen this weekend.. and I might be doing a few more component tucks since the dash is out.... Planning that stuff during lunch for the next two days. lol
                    sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

• this build is amazing!!! its so immaculate and every little detail has had so much attention. its such a big inspiration and i hope to one day be able to build a car to even half the caliber of this
                      i have two e30's sitting in my driveway but sadly nothing happens very quickly

my tumblr for anyone thats interested: http://crispyas.tumblr.com/

Comment

• thank you

So, i am going to be building another set of wheels for the Z as a "temporary knockaround set" haha. once people see what it is, they are certainly going to laugh what my take on a knockaround set is....

the VIP modulars are up for sale, and the new new set wont be complete till winter most likely as there is a lot of work to be designed and engineered for it.... so why not build a set of wheels for the time being..
                        sigpic

Comment

• Only you man...haha. Once you get your "knock around set"(pffffffffft) on I'd like the slap the fronts on one side of the accord to see how it looks. They'll probably poke like a sonomavitch, but I just want to see what it looks like from the side with a mesh style wheel.

Comment

• Well i know nothing short of amazing will come for the wheels , since you're a Wheelsnob.

Comment

• yeah the temporary set should work well for the time being..

completely backwards process here, but I just picked up some tires for the set. Bridgestone RE01r 265/35 all 4 corners.. should be interesting to say the least..

now to figure out if i want to build the knockaround set to be a staggered set of 18x10.5 and 18x11.5 or just run 18x11 all around. Im leaning toward 18x11 all around. Might stagger the lip and barrel size though as a good possibility.

3.5" front lip 4.0" rear lip, 7" inner front, 6.5" inner rear. effective 11 wide wheels all around with sandwich mounting. sounds like a plan

more info to come soon for the new set. but im liking this meaty tire idea, and dont worry; it will be coupled with absolutely zero fender clearance, just like before. I dropped the coils down about 1/4" more since the last pictures taken of the car in preparation.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I love your thought, now time to take action DEAR SIR

Comment

Working...
                                X