I Like Exclusive: V. 2.0 Fairlady Z content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha thanks guys.

quick update of some stuff from last week. This weekend will be spent putting most of it back together.
    just figured i would post up the lower radiator support that i welded shut and shaved. Decided on shooting it with matte black because that way you wouldnt see the red through the front fascia grill. little detail that pissed me off to no end, so that needed to be dealt with

fluid(s) tank all mounted in its home. will be completely invisible when everything goes back

sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• the VIP modulars are officially up for sale as most of you know. Lets see these things go to a good new home soon so i can finally get going on the new wheel/surrounding hardware project.

WheelFlip Store carries custom outer lips, inner barrels, and replacement hardware for multi-piece wheels. We are your one stop shop for wheel customization!

the temp wheels are already in process, but I will not start the final set for the car till these have gone.
      sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

• Always great work Vicent, hard work and dedication to builds like this are what give me the motivation to one day meet their level. Thanks for the recommnendation on the VIP MODS hit up tong and should have things moving along May 1st. Can't wait to see what you come up next.
        " You made your choice, I made my choice, at the end of the day if you don't like my choice it's your problem not mine"

New Z build
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...99#post1498599

New M3 DD build
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...65#post1498765

Comment

• oh, you should have bought my old set if that was the case. Cool though should be another good set out there on our cars
          sigpic

Comment

• I can't help to think how good of an engineer you are, by how detailed you've been with modding this z32

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
              oh, you should have bought my old set if that was the case. Cool though should be another good set out there on our cars
              I not going with a mesh face, and remember Im doing a double stag setup not 18s all arounds, as well as 18x12-1 is way to aggressive for what my car will be set up for lol.. You pull that off very well that added with the fact 2+2s have more space in the wheel wells then 2+0s do, I'd have to run nearly -6 just to get the wheels to fit under my car especailly with me being a turbo and having less room from hub to fender than a NA. I really am loving the resivior as lower coolant pipe mod...
              " You made your choice, I made my choice, at the end of the day if you don't like my choice it's your problem not mine"

New Z build
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...99#post1498599

New M3 DD build
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...65#post1498765

Comment

• got a lot done this weekend. didnt take any pictures just yet though of the work other then the upper coolant pipe installed pre powder

also started on the planning for the upper radiator support project... yes it has become a project officially. I decided that i really **** the hood latch area, so im chopping it all out and going to fab a new panel to weld in. Should be so much cleaner and smooth when complete. With that, i have to design how the radiator hold down connects to it, so as to not see any hardware, as well as any other little details that come up during the process.

so with that, a few things come up... how do i now mount the hood in a way i will like it, and what else goes along with this project

i pulled the hood latches off in preparation for smoothing them and painting them to match the bay. and i bought a few of these little guys

going to smooth them, paint them to match the hood, and hope that the blend in enough that i dont strongly dislike them....

this will simplify everything though quite a bit so its a step in the right direction for sure.

-
                sigpic

Comment

• interesting hood latches, push button release by the looks of it. got any more info, or are these trade secrets?
                  2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                  2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                  1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

• I'm not sure how I've missed this, but this is incredible
                    Instagram: @B_OLSEN_
                    1988 FC3s-LS3 track slut~in progress~
                    1991 S13 Coupe-LS1 street beater
                    2004 G35 Coupe track model-Work Wheels Static daily
                    TUMBLR

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
                      Oh shit I spot speed shine!! Use that shizz all the time Griots FTW!! Can't wait for more Vince; especially the new wheels
                      Originally posted by 1badg35
                      trust me my last gf and i split because i apparently gave more attention to my cars and business then her. i have no idea where she got that idea from. haha

Comment

• Great work man, this stuff makes me drool all over the place. I can't wait untill i have a garage at home like that, so i too can join you S|W guys with your epic detail builds. Truely inspirational for me to see how you handle your "problems" when cleaning up your ride.

Keep up the good work, and keep posting pictures of the progress along the way!
                        sigpic

Le Bimmer

Comment

• "xxxx is just about finished now"
                          Almost every page. Epitome of perfectionism, I think.
                          Not a fan of the Z32 chassis, I can only imagine the glorious vehicle you could create with (in my opinion) a better platform.
                          That said, this is beautiful.
                          Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                          You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• thanks guys. ill link the latch info on here. I wanted to test them out first and make sure they were sufficient before i put up a company name as i have personally never used them before.

the last part of the wheel puzzle for the temporary set of wheels has been found and purchased....... Time to get going on that set finally.
                            sigpic

Comment

• have your wheels sold yet? I'm eager to see what this wheelsnob comes up with

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Nope not yet. The temp wheels are going on full speed either way. The new set of faces will just stay as a solidworks model unfortunately until the VIP modulars sell. Currently owning 10+ sets of wheels is keeping me from wanting any more until some are gone.

The new spinfab first production set is complete though, so this added quite a bit of excitement to my week! 19 months of my work finally seeing the light of day. Needless to say monday night assembling the completed set was fun

Cant wait to see set #001 fitted on the car they are slated for... Hopefully in a few days time once I can get over there to check on the cars progress. And no, its not my car that these are going on

---
                                Last edited by 1badg35; 04-11-2013, 09:38 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X