Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilarious garages are crucial

Comment

• dude, your car, garage, wheel collection, photography, and wheel rebuilding is so amazing that i feel like shit because i need to step my game up! ha very clean everything!

any more pics of the wheel collection itself? also, im gonna guess that the Z isnt your daily, so what is?

just curious

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
        nah, I rolled the dollies and locked them so there is about 2" of space between the bumper and door. cant harm the paint, but gives me more then enough room in front of the car where im currently working.
        Its a 2.5 car garage, but I wish I made the garage wider and 2 cars deep. But at 26' deep its good enough to get the work done.

If all goes well, and I do decide to build myself the house I have currently been designing for this coming year, the new garage should be hilarious to say the least.
        I had a dream last night a bunch of money fell into my lap, I bought an average house and built a garage bigger than the house. Seems reasonable. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• it is. Once the drawings and renderings are complete (i have no free time) i will post some up. Working on the corning museum of glass, a restaurant, two apartments, and a villa on a small island in the carribean, in addition to a long list of products that I am trying to complete for ICFF this year, so lots of work at the office. And then spinFAB in the off hours, and I officially work far too much..
          sigpic
          1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
          1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

nah, I rolled the dollies and locked them so there is about 2" of space between the bumper and door. cant harm the paint, but gives me more then enough room in front of the car where im currently working.
            Its a 2.5 car garage, but I wish I made the garage wider and 2 cars deep. But at 26' deep its good enough to get the work done.

If all goes well, and I do decide to build myself the house I have currently been designing for this coming year, the new garage should be hilarious to say the least.
            Originally posted by softg View Post
            hilarious garages are crucial
            Originally posted by andybob View Post
            I had a dream last night a bunch of money fell into my lap, I bought an average house and built a garage bigger than the house. Seems reasonable. lol
            Sounds all quite legit... I can't wait to finish my Engineering degree so I can part take in the happiness
            Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
            it is. Once the drawings and renderings are complete (i have no free time) i will post some up. Working on the corning museum of glass, a restaurant, two apartments, and a villa on a small island in the carribean, in addition to a long list of products that I am trying to complete for ICFF this year, so lots of work at the office. And then spinFAB in the off hours, and I officially work far too much..
            Wow, man you are extremely busy. I know that has to be kinda a strain on your social life? lol

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
              Wow, man you are extremely busy. I know that has to be kinda a strain on your social life? lol
              I'm pretty sure updating this thread IS his social life.
              -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread
              Another Frankenbike Build

sigpic

Comment

• haha, luckily my close friends and I are all building insane cars of this caliber, so we hang a lot around the cars. Sometimes happy hour takes place in the garage, sometimes at the bars, when its winter (much more at the bars). There is always time for going out though, usually after we get tired of the car work for the night.
                Ive had girls break up with me because of this lifestyle and too much time spent on work, no matter though... there are more where that came from. ha Currently trying to find a new situation after a horrible past relationship that messed with my head.. haha
                sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

• As a fellow industrial designer I have to say that your work, your attention to detail and your vision for this car is extremely impressive. I love the idea of making a car into the epitome of itself and becoming timeless.

Anyway, I won't ramble on, I really enjoy your updates. Subbed

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

Good, I was about to cry lol. I wish you good luck on everything with the new house man

Comment

• Thank you. Much appreciated. Hoping in the next few months things solidify a bit more. Only plans and started renders at the moment. On the hunt for a unique piece of property and then the fun begins. If i can afford it.. which means car builds have to slow down for the time being. really that just means more fabrication, less part purchases which is fine in my book
                      sigpic

Comment

• Either way its a win-win your book and in mine lol

Comment

• that is true. 2013 should be a big year

Did most of the wiring work today to the harness. Luckily I planned it all out over the past few weeks, so the work went really well. Just a few more wires to extend and i can get the entire thing inside that frame rail. I wrapped and shrink wrapped most of the lines after the soldering and adjusting, so its almost there. I do think I have to pull off my upper intake manifold though, as i plan on redoing the wiring for all of the coil packs while i am at it.. Just have to find those new coil pack connectors i bought last year that have been sitting in the tool box, and i will do that too while im in there

the hardpipes still have not arrived, but when they do, they will instantly be chopped up. Ive been scheming and i think it should be insane when done.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Man I should bring my car to you and have you tuck it lol. I can't wait to see updates

Comment

• so, final weekend of wiring work! Got the harness redone, back in the car, removed all of the now useless wiring (second time) and extended what felt like a billion wires to my specific locations to suit where things like my fusebox have been relocated. The wires that will now run to the radiator now do so, etc etc..

decided that i wanted to remove as many of the surrounding parts off the motor to make my life easier to do some of this routing. so thats why all came apart.. and i decided while doing this that i am going to be converting all of the power steering hardlines to braided AN lines as well. Since Im doing the coolant lines, might as well eliminate the only other rubber hoses in the bay. haha

since i separated the ends of the main harness to go their planned route, i did the work, wrapped it in the new braided covering, shrink wrapped the ends (and didnt like it) so then a little electrical tape, etc. heres an example

now for the disappearing act

Last edited by 1badg35; 01-20-2013, 09:18 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• This thread is a love/**** thing for me.

I love coming in here and seeing all the amazing work that takes place.
                                I **** the fact that I lack the skills to do any of this to my car.

Jealous.
                                BMW E38
                                That White Evo
                                -SOLD
                                instagram @kbuss
                                flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X