No announcement yet.

I Like Exclusive: V. 2.0 Fairlady Z content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small update to end 2012. got a few minutes to head over to the shop, and my buddy Ed helped with the end tank. I was a little worried about my welding skills on it since its not all that thick, so he knocked it out for me in a few seconds. milled some 3/4" diameter round stock on the lathe, tapped it for the sensors right on the lathe, and then welded them to the end tank. Onto the next project which i have already started.. More wiring stuff

dont mind the dirty water staining around the weld. A little coolant dripped on the warm aluminum after the welding was complete. Just need to wipe it off.

2012 has been a great year, lots of ups and downs, but overall a huge success of a year! Lots of features, the design firm has gotten a ton of exposure, lots of personal accomplishment in the architecture/ design field, etc. Looking forward to what 2013 has to bring. Lots of craziness already in the works over here. Ive been working like a crazy person all winter so far so that there can be some crazy projects coming out of this garage for next year.. Happy New Year everyone!
    Last edited by 1badg35; 12-31-2012, 06:28 PM.
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• So will we see a centre-lock conversion in 2013?
      God bless this mess

Comment

• No comment..

So apparently, the -20 fittings were all ordered on the last bulk order. So I will be building another coolant hard pipe with exactly the same work but with a -20an hose end integrated. Same for the end tank of the radiator. Guess I do have to get some of that xrp -20 an braided nylon line
        Last edited by 1badg35; 01-01-2013, 11:05 AM.
        sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
          No comment..
          God bless this mess

Comment

• haha. lets leave it at that for now.. nothing has solidified as of yet on the Z with regard to wheels or supporting details.. I definitely dont want to jump the gun on this idea. Only will be moving forward if i can pull off the impossible and achieve exactly what i want to achieve for it. This means a whole lot of r&d for "one off" parts. a whole lot. It will only happen if i can really push it to the "next level" and that will certainly take time to coordinate. Likely not at all this spring.

for now, the bay simplification continues, wiring changes are now the focus, the cage needs some paint, one other part needs some red paint, Focus on a few very very intricate details, and then i really need to put some attention into the other projects for a while to get them up to par.

The e21 is still in pieces, and i have a ton of wheel projects underway as I would like to keep pushing the boundaries with one off wheel builds in a "boutique" way, the new wheel line is almost ready for production, and then I need to help with the corrado build which needs to be finished up, and then the vw thing needs to be road worthy for the upcoming season. yeah lots of stuff is an understatement.

The Z has always been a slow build, and it will keep at that pace for years to come. I really am in no particular rush, and one intricate detail after another is how it will stay. I do have to say though that i was in discussion yesterday with a good buddy (best fabricator I know) about some crazy stealth FI work for the fairlady, but that wont be for a while, if ever. For now the goal of 300whp NA is really what i have been after. I would much rather have a 300whp car that handles like a go kart and can be pushed semi hard all day long, then a 600hp car that cant be driven to its potential on any street i know of.
            Last edited by 1badg35; 01-01-2013, 09:54 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• I normally don't see many good looking 300zx but you sir, You have an amazing one. Keep up the good work. Your car is very tastefully modded and i can see your dedication to detail.

Comment

• Looking great after moving tempsensors! Mabye would look good if you extend the upper pipe so you got less (ugly) hose.

something like this, but pipe all the way:

Comment

• Im going to mess with this new hardpipe a little more once i get my hands on it. I have a few ideas for the pipe now that i have messed with one for a few hours.

Edit- just stared at the pipes for about an hour and got some new ideas. im going to chop these new ones up even more. and completely reroute the way they run altogether. stay tuned should get interesting.

definitely shocked i didnt think of this way first. haha. Now to get this second set of pipes and get to welding and chopping
                  Last edited by 1badg35; 01-02-2013, 09:53 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Wow

Originally posted by Geoff.T
                    E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
                    MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
                    Instagram:MexicanFab
                    YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

• Just because i really like this GIF

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• I really like this man.
                        Respect for all the work that has gone into it!

Comment

• Thanks guys.

decided that since I am waiting for the second set of coolant hard pipes to arrive, i would get on the task that I have been putting off... the wiring simplification.

This time around, I am basically re-doing the harness and either relocating where things mount up, or hiding it all in the frame rail. Not the most easy task, (as I am not a fan of wiring) but it will be great when its all buttoned up.

so far I pulled the harness section im working on out, and have stripped it back. Labeled the wires that need to be extended or modified in some way.

And yes, that is a bmw grade hide of black leather that I use to protect the car while doing stuff like this. Cant be too careful. haha

lots more to come
                          sigpic

Comment

• sold the 10-22 last week to put toward some L series glass, so i had to take a few last shots of the garage in winter mode to end the 4 year relationship with this lens. ha. Great lens, as you can tell when close to the 10mm side, it does blow out the perspective a little on things. Which was why i decided to make the upgrade happen. Luckily most of the wheel collection was at the shop, so only the few sets hanging on the wall were in the shot.

now to test out the new lens..
                            Last edited by 1badg35; 01-09-2013, 09:49 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Damn I hope that rear bumper isn't all the way against the garage door

Comment

• nah, I rolled the dollies and locked them so there is about 2" of space between the bumper and door. cant harm the paint, but gives me more then enough room in front of the car where im currently working.
                                Its a 2.5 car garage, but I wish I made the garage wider and 2 cars deep. But at 26' deep its good enough to get the work done.

If all goes well, and I do decide to build myself the house I have currently been designing for this coming year, the new garage should be hilarious to say the least.
                                Last edited by 1badg35; 01-09-2013, 10:40 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X