No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep us posted, I really like the idea and am curious about the techniques and materials you're going to use
    Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post
      Just to see what I was up against I emailed rotiform about it and this is the price I got....

Disassembly/reseal: 80$
      stripping and powder coat faces: $320
      copper plating lips: $360 add $140 for clear.

dismount/remount would be an additional: 100$

I'm going to try to do it all for under 200$ in my garage
      copper plating: I really want to see this done, good luck!
      BMW E38
      That White Evo
      -SOLD
      instagram @kbuss
      flickr

Comment

I'm going to try to do it all for under 200$ in my garage
        thatta boy. I like your style

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Riley_J- I'm really not sure I went into it with what I wanted and made it work. If you go on 2002faq.com and look up the "stance thread" people put in the offsets and stuff. It should help you.
          cheers man, just out of curiousity what are your specs?

Comment

• Outstanding build, thanks for sharing this with us man, best of luck with it!

Comment

• g35 buddy photoshoped this for me.

recent work
              ...no gas and I only had old thin wire, but for bodywork I don't care it all gets removed by the grinder anyways.

Comment

• uggh welding with no gas is a PITA.

this thing is gonna be mean.

Comment

• Thanks^ yeah I'm so over slag splatter all over me. Going to pickup a fresh roll of wire and refill the tank when I start on the cage.

Comment

• I cant help but wonder the day this car will finally be done. I feel like it will be at least a year.

Comment

• I don't think this will ever be done, but hopefully painted and rolling in a month or so.

I'm in a serious mental debate to completely rebuild the front and rear shock towers, which might make the completion date a lot longer.

Comment

• When you used the POR-15 and the metal ready, you just use that over surface rust and forget about it? I've got a little going on in my E30 project and I don't want to get too crazy.

Comment

• Please tell me that you will never, ever, ever sell this thing and that your grandchildren's grandchildren's greatgrandchildren will still have this car when the zombies finally destroy civilization as we know it.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Maxbell. For the best adhesion you wanna clean up the rust (removing dirt and loose pieces) apply metal ready. Allow it to sit for like an hour clean off with soap and water. Let it dry then slap on por15. It's like a ceramic coating. hard as a rock and is supposed to etch into the rust sealing it off.

Personally if the rusts not bad i would wire wheel it followed by metal ready and just put a coat of a poly primer/sealer over it.

I hope to never sell it, but if the day comes it will be in pieces so someone can enjoy the hard work I put into each inch of it . If zombies occur though it will be outfitted with all kinds of weapons. Love zombieland great film.

Comment

• I loved my 02. Makes me wish I still had it.

Natural selection is a bitch!!

Comment

• like it^ do you have a thread for it? Why did you sell it?

Comment

Working...
                                X