No announcement yet.

Hank the Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some weekend shenanigans in Hank the Tank, but not before putting the Koni reds on the rear and swapping to the stock rear wheels with old ass dry rotted tires. The goal was to dry to do a bit of drifting (which honestly, I've never really tried before) So naturally, I did some crashin' and smashed up the front valance even more.

Ended up sliding around in the dirt a bit...

But eventually got the hang of it

Then I had to fix some stuff I broke on my offroad excursions

and destroyed the worthless tires! They went to a good cause.

Also, did all the shenanigans way out in the middle of nowhere where we wouldn't bother or endanger anyone.

Comment

• Inspirational bro, love the car
      Follow on IG
      amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
      Vintage AME Wheels
      RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
      W115 & W123

Comment

• Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
        yeah man. i don't think e28's like their paint for the most part.

Well I did some more sanding and such. a few spots are actually done, which is a miracle, because when I do bodywork it generally consists of applying bondo, sanding it off, re-applying, sanding it off again... yeah that goes on forever until i get it kind of almost close to paintable. didn't take pictures of that because they all would look about the same. I also replaced the power steering pump because mine was a leaky, groany piece of shit. didn't take pictures of that either because that's boring.

MORE LATER, SKANKS.
        Holy fucking shit I did the same thing ...bitch is taped on for years.
        Yup paint sucks balllllllsssssss. Going to have a good time sanding shit and getting rid of rust lol.
        I dislike Byron.

Comment

• this is awesome, and hank is really awesome

Comment

• Doin' a touch of the burnouts myself

Comment

• This car leaks power steering fluid incessantly. It's aggravating.

Dents are almost gone. Just some final sanding on the hood and fender. Front pass fender and right rear door are done, as are a few little parking lot dings in the quarter panels. And I removed the drip rail trim, which was surprisingly easy. Next to come off is the rear bumper and trim, then it will be ready for a final sanding, followed of course by prime and paint

Comment

• So happy to see you making progress on him :-]

Comment

• All I needed was that title baby

Comment

• i know its from 5 pages back but how much did all the frontend parts cost you? i just picked up a 535i and it could definitely use some bushings and tie rod ends haha

Comment

• Drift and burnout pictures are AWESOME.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                        i know its from 5 pages back but how much did all the frontend parts cost you? i just picked up a 535i and it could definitely use some bushings and tie rod ends haha
                        only like 250 bucks. just put "e28" into ebay motors and you'll see the set. i got them from fap. yeah, fap. haven't fapped in or on the car since installing the fap parts, so not sure why they're called that, but whatever.
                        Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                        Drift and burnout pictures are AWESOME.
                        thanks! tires suck anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
                          only like 250 bucks. just put "e28" into ebay motors and you'll see the set. i got them from fap. yeah, fap. haven't fapped in or on the car since installing the fap parts, so not sure why they're called that, but whatever.
                          alright, thanks! thats a lot less than i though they'd be

Comment

• yeah man they aren't much. and that was for EVERYTHING. upper control arms, lower control arms, tie rod ends, tie rods, etc etc etc. Even the rear bushings and stuff. And they aren't hard to install either, provided you have a good selection of kinda large wrenches.

Comment

• I find enjoyment in your updates and your vehicle. Proceed with awesomeness.

Comment

• Originally posted by zxert View Post
                                I find enjoyment in your updates and your vehicle. Proceed with awesomeness.
                                Deal. Did some more work. Side moldings are off and the front end is pretty much done. just some finish sanding here and there and a couple rough patches to deal with. Rear quarter dents are entirely gone and finish sanded, as are the dents in the right rear door. Still in need of a valance. Might drive 3 hrs to a junk yard sunday to see if they have a good one... Their inventory says 1 E28 is in stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X