Project Stance: 1965 Chevy C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
    Im from colombia (but live in China). where in Colombia are you?

did u like it?
    I was in Cartagena for 4 days, Bogata for 1 day due to layover issues, got a free suite at the Marriott, freaking had 2000 sq ft 2 baths, rediculous! Been in Bucaramanga for 6 days seeing the future wife's family. Did sick stuff like go to San Gil and rapell down a waterfall, white water raft, zip lines, swing over the canyon in chicamocha. I am loving Colombia. Next time we will hit Medellin and Callie.
    sigpic

Comment

• Pics of her in your drive are looking hot. I underestimated how much was left to do.
      I cant wait

Comment

• About $50 in bolts, $800 in fenders and bed, then paint and get the driveshaft and windsheild installed, not too much, but thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yusoslo View Post
          I was in Cartagena for 4 days, Bogata for 1 day due to layover issues, got a free suite at the Marriott, freaking had 2000 sq ft 2 baths, rediculous! Been in Bucaramanga for 6 days seeing the future wife's family. Did sick stuff like go to San Gil and rapell down a waterfall, white water raft, zip lines, swing over the canyon in chicamocha. I am loving Colombia. Next time we will hit Medellin and Callie.
          im glad you liked it!

i've done all you did. You def. gotta go to Medellin and Cali !.

now.. moar updates!

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

• Hood prop. Time to wrench

Got the radiator bled and found a hose that works so no flex-coil crap.

I got wood.

I take pictures of my wood

All is wired but the speedo. That will be this weekend

I also adjusted the gimer drive for more whine, it sounds sick! I really need to get an exhaust soon because the neighbors can't like this too much! Supposedly the driveshaft will be done this week. I need to let the press treated wood dry out before I stain it. I am thinking a honey color will look best.

thinking of this color
            Last edited by yusoslo; 05-18-2012, 10:33 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• If anyone has recommendations for stain color let me know.
              sigpic

Comment

• This truck looks badass.
                Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

• Nice nice nice You are looking in the right direction for the wood, i think the more reddish/darker colours would match the copper. Great contrast for the black.

I had an idea to use ebony to line a trunk i thought i would be such a great wood to use but i think you might agree that it would be more black to add to an already black c10.
                  I mean if its so black you might not be able to find it in the dark man

Comment

• good finish carpentry and old trucks are always a fantastic mix... use finish nails to board them together and maybe some polished aluminum as spacers between the boards ? that would be Rad

Comment

• Thanks guys. I definitely want to keep the wood light for contrast. I am thing of doing no bolts but staple industrial strength Velcro to the bottom and screw the Velcro to the 2x2 square tube framing. I will have 5 6" points of contact through the wood, removable to access the mechanicals and a clean look w no hardware showing. What do you think?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Love it and I agree with the lighter wood will give a nice contrast from the black..

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

• Finished coping the edges, except behind the passenger wheel well, the wifey was not happy my Sunday was with the other lady so I had to call the day short. It seems that I can let it dry out for just a week then stain and seal it. I look forward to finishing it next weekend w new stain and Marine grade UV protected epoxy sealer. I have been wire tucking some of the few wires there are. My biggest issue now is what to do w the floor. I feel I want black carpet but I dont know if thats too creature comfort, but the vinyl floor is more costly than carpet!

Working juice

sigpic

Comment

• This is awesome. Nice work so far!

I like your idea for the velcro in the bed, too.
                            StatusRacing.com
                            Configure YOUR Seat Here
                            Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                            Email: sales@statusracing.com
                            Fan us on Facebook

Comment

• I found a company that sells copper 1" wide 1/4 thick 7' long strips. I can ban the boards together at the top and bottom with a few copper nails or even velcro again to keep the ends clean and even. They are straight now but with removing the strips from time to time, they may not be perfect. so this copper strip could cover it.
                              sigpic

Comment

• ^ yes please

Comment

Working...
                                X