No announcement yet.

Project Stance: 1965 Chevy C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans tunnel done, Cab floor is painted. Fuse box mounted, and wires starting to be run. Brake lines are finished, shocks are ordered. I smoothed the welds and am working on the body filler. I got a donor truck to rob some parts off of so some new pieces will be going on. Monday I am going to lay down some primer on the cab, and then remount the bed. I hope to have all wiring done Monday
    as well. I also got the fuel cell finished and cleaned up with some paint. Awaiting the new axles and then the rearend will be reassembled.

Far shot of new sheet metal

This took up my last week. I bought new wheels for the DD. Then I stripped the clear and hand polihed 400 grit and up the lips, then had the tires stretched 19x11 front and rear with 245 front 255 rear. But that's another thread!

Last edited by yusoslo; 03-02-2012, 08:52 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Undercoated the sheetmetal under the cab with some high quality stuff

Robbed some custom cab parts from another truck

Brake lines done, waiting on axles still, then it will be back on the ground,

Half the truck is wired. Waiting on the axles has really slowed the build. I plan on laying primer Monday.
      sigpic

Comment

• Why couldn't I find this thread just after it was done? Now I'm forced to anxiously wait until it's done.
        I'm loving your work so far, keep it up man!

Comment

• Love this truck! Great work. Subscribed.

Comment

• Paint is getting laid. I am not. The Mrs. is getting annoyed of all the $$ and time this beast takes. Good news ill be done real soon! Axless are back! Working on wiring, waiting on little connectors, bulb sockets etc etc the piddly stuff that takes 5 days to get in from CA.
            Made my own gauge cluster out of metal and will wrap it with the thin copper once done. I will post more pics later today when done.

Etching primer

high build 2k

**** the speaker holes, but they will be covered up by the bench seat! and will at least play so musica!

BTW I turn 31 this week and my awesome ass fiance got me this!!!!

I have a nice distressed brown ammo pouch leather strap to put on it immediately
            Last edited by yusoslo; 03-14-2012, 09:44 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• loads of win here man, nice work.
              conversion syndicate*

4g63 swapped Hilux: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75423

ig: makercruuz

Comment

• This is just... awesome.

Keep up the good work man! I think all of our women get pissed off at us at some point- I know mine gets annoyed.

Kick ass and take names!
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• this is inspiring man

Comment

• one of my fav builds on this forum

Comment

• what he said

cannot wait to c it finished
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys! The body is not fun, it takes forever and is exhausting. The fun stuff is building the motor, bagging the truck. Oh well the end is near. I promise I wont disappoint. The truck is going to a proper updraft booth w high end guns and equipment for the final primer, wetsand, paint. Too much trash in the air at this shop but it works for the etch and prime coats. The final outcome will be sick!
                        Just a mock up of the gauge layout, starting cutting but the bits where dull. Need to buy more.

Etching and 2k on the bed, no body work done yet filler wise

Here is a fun/boring vid of some of the rides we have here at the shop, and me playing with a Caddy on Hydros.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moPp29ZSJSU&context=C4d6d7f1ADvjVQa1PpcFNps1eVYdkSHd991UzcvjOY pOx_DBv1sXM="]Hot rod shop. Country style. - YouTube[/ame]
                        Last edited by yusoslo; 03-15-2012, 08:05 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I own a 94 fleet. Sickest car ever. I can carry 20 people.

Comment

• So I finished my gauge cluster out of copper today!

steel frame

instant charisma

But wait....did this fool make a symmetrical matching glove box copper panel? Why yes he did.

So what does a logical person do after all this work with the copper and such? Make it shiny? Hell no, age that thing instantly......viola Patina gauge cluster with matching glove box cover soon.

Last edited by yusoslo; 03-15-2012, 10:08 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• <3 perfect! I love copper.

You should bring more copper details into the build

Comment

• I'm eventually going to have the valve covers, carb, and intake copper plated but it's 800-1100. So I'll wait for now. I just wanna get this thing driving. I have the copper top rad too if you saw that. Brass knuckles and brass bottle opener on the dash.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X