No announcement yet.

hakhawks cosmos e36 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brain was on overload working out things for tomorrow, so i wandered outside to suss out some stuff in the engine bay. 20 minutes later i had the charcoal canister mounted.

pics are crap because iphone and worklight

Comment

• Amazing work!

You're doing all this by yourself?
      It seems to be a hell of a job doing it alone...
      '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
      R lookalike

Comment

• my dads helping me. hes done all of the hard/important bits, coz hes a mechanic by trade. trying to do as much as i can myself though, its all experience!

Comment

• started it up earlier

bolting up the plenum and everything killed half the day, no room to move!!

had to replace the throttle cable, luckily the seller supplied one for me.

got the old man to weld some o2 sensor bungs onto the exhaust, have to round up some bolts for it tomorrow, so i can put it on. have to cut the old mounting studs out of the boot area so i can fit the m3 rear exhaust hangers, current studs are way too short.

and temporary fix for swaybar clearance, only about 3mm gap, but should be enough until new swaybar comes in, which ill order tomorrow.

so on the list is:

bleed clutch slave
          mount exhaust
          reinstall front end and radiator
          hook up thermofans to radiator
          check for leaks, then install new wiper cowling

i think thats it, theres probably stuff ive forgotten. but the list is small and almost done!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hakhawk View Post
            my dads helping me. hes done all of the hard/important bits, coz hes a mechanic by trade. trying to do as much as i can myself though, its all experience!
            A mechanic dad is a big help! But as you say, when we do the stuff by ourselves, it taste better.

Great work with the engine.
            '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
            R lookalike

Comment

• cars almost done.

took it for 2 test drives tonight, once with the old man. fk it pulls hard. im in love.

tomorrow ive gotta put the thermofan on wiht some through radiator mounts until i sort out a new shroud setup. the one i bought didnt fit, fan motor hit the water pump pulley

gotta put the wipers and cowl back on, and just check over things, bolt few random bits back on.

no pics tonight, it was dark by the time i got to drive it. pics/vids in a day or so.

ps. ITS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• got a few minor things to sort out, but for the most part, its done!!

Comment

• forgive my BMW noobness, but this is an E36 M3 motor, yeah? either way, great job!

Comment

• yeh, euro e36 m3 motor

Comment

• BIG POWA!!! euro m motors are fierce!!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• so while buttoning up a few other bits and pieces on the car today, i thought id corner weigh it, mainly jsut coz i can, shame i forgot to weigh before the swap.

so this is with a bunch of sound deadening in the boot and parcel shelf, 2 decent sized amps and a small sub box, and bit over 3/4 tank of fuel. all aircon gear in engine bay is not installed

and with my fat ass in it(excuse the quality, had to adjust the picture, because i took pic out the window with me in car :p)

edit: jsut realised thats also with ~2.5ltrs bottle of oil in the boot too lol
                        Last edited by hakhawk; 06-01-2012, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• awesome work mate! give yourself and your dad a pat on the back!

GIVING STANCE A CHANCE!

Comment

• Can i haz euro m3 engine?

Comment

• Fucking sick man!

Comment

• so because im impatient and couldnt wait for my mate to respray the barrels, i hit them with some satin black wheel paint today. not perfect, but neither are the wheels!!

Comment

Working...
                                X