No announcement yet.

Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played in the grass today with my measuring tape.

Comment

• playin
      GIFSoup
      sigpic daily driven sti IG: skytup

Comment

• Aha very good Matt.

Nice collection Anthony, I need to figure out what I am going to do with my collection yet.
        Not sure if I should cart them all over or just leave them in the garage until I have a place of my own...
        IG: @sebastienaudeon
        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
        *pats Sebs head*
        there there.
        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Could be a stupid question but I'm looking to have Whitehorse make me up barrels and lips to suit bbs 16" 34 hole centers. I've emailed them and they want me to fill out the chart so they can spin them up but I don't really trust myself to get the measurements accurate enough for this kind of thing. Don't really have the appropriate tools to get precise enough. (I don't think a measuring tape will cut it)

Wondering what the chances are of anyone having a link to measurement info (specifically the face) or the ability / advice on measuring one up?

Comment

• send me a center and ill drop it off to them haha.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• If you're happy to do that I'm down for it. Probably the safest bet to give them a center as I want 6 barrels made and 4 lips. Which is why I want to get it right the first time. I suppose I could just post it directly to them though to save you the hassle lol

Comment

• Hnnng, custom spun lips and barrels from Whitehorse Anthony?

Have you thought of just going through Felgenfuchs.de?
                That's where I have bought all my stuff previously, quite nicely priced.
                Can also get Radinox lips

That's what I'm doing with the 15's once I have enough/any money.
                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                there there.

Comment

• In two minds, do I build the set of 16" RS' off of Zelda for Anja to drive over on, or do I just go and buy another steel wheel?

Keeping in mind I have all the necessary parts to finish off the 16" RS' including tyres...
                  1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                  there there.

Comment

• Yeah Seb would be good but I want to step 16 to 18" so need to be custom through Whitehorse or rotiform. Whitehorse will be cheaper and prefer to support what they're doing for aus.

Do it. Build the rs. If you've already got all the bits it just makes sense yeah?

Comment

• you answered your own question lol
                      www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

• if you can tuck the 16" RS's on the square that would be swell.

Comment

• Swell, haha I reckon it'd be bitchin'

Build the 16's for it.....if you've got the bits, why not!

Comment

• just ran across this post on another forum about tumblers, interesting to see his 2-stage setup, cleaning first then polishing with different media...

This is what I then did. first off, get your curse word rusty ass nuts and bolts.

Then, add to the tumbler, media, about 1/5 full of water and some washing up liquid.

Crank the lid down, leave to run for 12-24 hours in the garage

Open it up

Use a dental pick to get the pyramid media out from where it doesn't belong

Marvel at how it worked when you did precisely nothing but twiddle your thumbs for a day.

Clean off the bits in some water and kerosene

Well sheeeiiit, it only worked!

Now take all those bits, dry them off as best you can, then take the walnut shell, no water this time.

Some generic metal polish

Throw in your dried off bits and pieces

Get it going

Wait another 12-24 hours

HELL YES. The polish is silicone based, ALL this hardware is now prepped and ready to go to the platers for some cadmium plating (the guys who did my struts) really amazed at how well this works, considering I have to exactly zip all. The thing with getting a good plate, is having the part prepared and the smoother it is, the better the plate will adhere and look when its done.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony--t View Post
                              Yeah Seb would be good but I want to step 16 to 18" so need to be custom through Whitehorse or rotiform. Whitehorse will be cheaper and prefer to support what they're doing for aus.

Do it. Build the rs. If you've already got all the bits it just makes sense yeah?
                              Ah, I was unaware of the step, makes sense now! Whitehorse for sure then!

Originally posted by andrewn View Post
                              you answered your own question lol
                              That I did.

Originally posted by anth View Post
                              if you can tuck the 16" RS's on the square that would be swell.
                              Will definitely be tucking because have to be legal, and I don't know how much she's going to squat at the rear when she's packed full of my shit plus a set of steel wheels strapped to the roof racks.

Originally posted by Beware View Post
                              Swell, haha I reckon it'd be bitchin'

Build the 16's for it.....if you've got the bits, why not!
                              My thoughts exactly. Will start test fitting the rears up once I have the drums installed on Saturday.

Anth, all this tumbler talk makes me want to get one for the countless rusted RS bolts I have. May have to consider purchasing one or borrowing someone elses and getting the media etc to use.
                              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                              there there.

Comment

• I'm keen to buy one also.
                                Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

Working...
                                X