No announcement yet.

Aussie wheel tech/discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I'd been thinking about it. Probably would want to buy new nuts for wheel reassembling for peace of mind. You could probably throw hex caps in also which would be handy.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthony--t View Post
      Could be a stupid question but I'm looking to have Whitehorse make me up barrels and lips to suit bbs 16" 34 hole centers. I've emailed them and they want me to fill out the chart so they can spin them up but I don't really trust myself to get the measurements accurate enough for this kind of thing. Don't really have the appropriate tools to get precise enough. (I don't think a measuring tape will cut it)

Wondering what the chances are of anyone having a link to measurement info (specifically the face) or the ability / advice on measuring one up?
      let me know how u go with whitehorse (pricing and final product) also been looking into 16 to 18 stepped lips of late too and have seen pics of theirs lips and im really liking them, just have to finalise some centres to put them on

on to more pressing matters, STILL waiting for my ROH lips 14 moreish days to go, now thinking i might have trouble actuly fitting them under my guards, seems this is 19x12 with F off bolt on flares
      sigpic daily driven sti IG: skytup

Comment

• All about the offsets man
        IG: @sebastienaudeon
        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
        *pats Sebs head*
        there there.
        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by skytup View Post
          let me know how u go with whitehorse (pricing and final product) also been looking into 16 to 18 stepped lips of late too and have seen pics of theirs lips and im really liking them, just have to finalise some centres to put them on

on to more pressing matters, STILL waiting for my ROH lips 14 moreish days to go, now thinking i might have trouble actuly fitting them under my guards, seems this is 19x12 with F off bolt on flares

Pricing is reasonable, final product is awesome. My lips and barrels will be ready in the next few weeks. getting a little excited.

Toli has had lips and barrels made, aswell as ante with the red s2k.

Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• My only gripe, aesthetically, is that I think it would look nicer with less bolts. But I guess it's more of an engineering/sealing thing.

Comment

• we cant all have welded vintage ssr's...
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                we cant all have welded vintage ssr's...

more bolts, more polished, more shit to go wrong = better yeah?
                Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                  Pricing is reasonable, final product is awesome. My lips and barrels will be ready in the next few weeks. getting a little excited.
                  little excited is an understatement, been super keen for last 2 months waiting for mine, just need to get this set done and on the car so i can move onto the next set

Comment

• Dropped some lips and caps at the polishers today. Hopefully start reassembly for my set that I'm building in a little over a week. Once they're done I'll look into getting my bits done through Whitehorse when the account is healthy again.

Comment

• Originally posted by skytup View Post
                      little excited is an understatement, been super keen for last 2 months waiting for mine, just need to get this set done and on the car so i can move onto the next set
                      what wheels are you building? specs?

car looks good on seb's bbs rs. did you make it up to 100mm earlier this year? can't remember seeing your car...

Comment

• Originally posted by ating View Post
                        what wheels are you building? specs?

car looks good on seb's bbs rs. did you make it up to 100mm earlier this year? can't remember seeing your car...
                        currently building ROH modena 18's for some nice dailys, Kyusha wheel co. is doin all my build
                        loved the way my car looked on sebs RS's, should of done the swap along time ago, was going to pinch his centres and rebuild but keen for seb to build another subie so im trying to source my own centres
                        made it into 100mm but pulled out, work/ money/ and wasnt 100% happy the way the cars was looking, but this year is another story

Comment

• Today I got to it with the 16" RS build for Anja.

I built up four different sizes, two for the front and two for the rear so I could get an idea of what I could run.

Front two sizes were 16x7j +30 and 16x8j +17.3.

IMG_0859 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

The two rear sizes were 16x7.5j +23.65 and 16x8.5j +10.95.

IMG_0857 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

I am using the 0.5" lips that originally came with the set of wheels for the front and the 1" lips that I got when I bought the set for the Subaru from Stu. They were white but I grabbed some paint stripper and stripped them real good.

First coat of paint stripper.

IMG_0875 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0876 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Second coat of paint stripper.

IMG_0879 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0880 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

Majority of the paint came off, the rest will come off when I sand them back before polishing.

IMG_0882 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

IMG_0883 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr

And them all together being happy.

IMG_0881 by sebastienpeek, on Flickr
                          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

• Good work....sticking with black centres or doing something else? I'm keen to get on to my next build....some 17in Autostrada Modena's that should arrive today hopefully.

Comment

• Looking good seb, always admire your ability to just get out there and get shit done

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
                                Good work....sticking with black centres or doing something else? I'm keen to get on to my next build....some 17in Autostrada Modena's that should arrive today hopefully.
                                I reckon I'm going to stick with black. I don't really have the time/money to get them sandblasted and then powder coated.

Originally posted by anth View Post
                                Looking good seb, always admire your ability to just get out there and get shit done
                                Thanks Anth, means a lot coming from you
                                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                                there there.

Comment

Working...
                                X