Carter N's Photography Advice Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 07NJx355 View Post
    hey carter, any advice on this one, I colored the wheels in lightroom out of boredem

Not bad, I would frame then car just a little more towards the center so it isn't so close to the edge and you could possibly avoid having that sign growing from behind it

Comment

• the blur on the last one kindof ruined it, i'm planning to return and try again when the weather picks up.

Originally posted by Jersh
      RT changes lives.

Comment

• ^ First two are awesome, great colors. Looking forward to seeing the 3rd again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter N View Post
          ^ First two are awesome, great colors. Looking forward to seeing the 3rd again.
          thanks, i've got myself a circular polariser - any tips?

RT changes lives.

Comment

• Spin it, watch how the reflections change.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              Spin it, watch how the reflections change.
              Hey, you're unbanned!

Also, I know that part/did that, then remembered my old friend autofocus.
              I got some really top-half-bright, bottom half lovely shots from the polariser, even though the lens wasn't showing it to my eye.

RT changes lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by ratmog View Post
                Hey, you're unbanned!

Also, I know that part/did that, then remembered my old friend autofocus.
                I got some really top-half-bright, bottom half lovely shots from the polariser, even though the lens wasn't showing it to my eye.
                You should be able to see it change right before you as you spin it.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Hey

Let me start of with saying you have amazing work!

I can understand this questions isn't necessarily something that is a straight forward answer and applies to the situation but, do you have any tips on composition within the mise-en-scene? I've just got into photography (as well as cinematography) and one of the issues I've been running into is the composition of what I'm focusing on.

Any advice, tips or rules of thumbs would be a great help

Thanks

Comment

• well, finally got around to trying out the light painting technique.

30 second exposure in a pitch black garage using a led drop light. didn't light up the car as much as i wanted too

same setting as before, except i purposly exposed the light to the camera

Comment

combine the 2 pics and it's money ........... . it's just too bad you moved the camera between pics,, ,, , the angles don't match:

Comment

• Originally posted by indy510 View Post
                        combine the 2 pics and it's money ........... . it's just too bad you moved the camera between pics,, ,, , the angles don't match:

hhmm, i must have bumped the camera ever so slightly. anyways, i'm going to "mod" the led droplight so more of the light is foward rather then around.

and also, why you cut out my spoiler?

Comment

• I'd be interested in your opinion on these;

jamie1

It was a bit more of a spur of the moment shot, it was pretty dark (8.30pm ish) without a tripod

I'm not sure on it, the lense I used (10-20) has distorted the car alot and its too underexposed. The cathedral in the background has very very bright lighting infront of it making for a difficult shot without blowing it out. Although I could have (should have!) took two and merged them.

IMG_2988 copy

Jamie3

Jamie4

I also do nightlife photography;

IMG_9097 copy

Let me know what you think, would be good to hear some critique.

I'm definitely going to go out tonight and do attempt some light painting...with a dirty car!

Comment

• Hey so been following this thread for a bit, and learning a lot. Just wanted to get some advice on the editing i did on this pic. I didnt take the pic, i just edited it.

My edit

XDC Model

The original

Comment

• @ Ownagespot that is one dope picture brotha!

Comment

• Originally posted by radiokilla View Post
                                @ Ownagespot that is one dope picture brotha!
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X