X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thx for the revert yo
    http://www.fb.com/hdproduce

Comment

• Yeah man i'd be interested in a video like that. That surprises me that you dont shoot in raw. Are you a member on any good photography forums? Im looking for a place where i can really learn a lot and dive deep into this.
      Instagram: jfinnmedia

Comment

• Originally posted by JFinn View Post
        Yeah man i'd be interested in a video like that. That surprises me that you dont shoot in raw. Are you a member on any good photography forums? Im looking for a place where i can really learn a lot and dive deep into this.
        photography-on-the.net is arguably one of the best photography forums in existence. It is a site that centers around Canon but it's welcoming to all brands. You'll get some great feedback from this site.

Comment

• Thanks!
          Instagram: jfinnmedia

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter N View Post
            I took one shot, level exposure, etc etc. in .jpeg. Then I go into photo shop and use layers to create the blown out sky and walls. Duplicate the background and mask the car and edit that layer separately from the background. If you all are interested I could possibly do a video on youtube or something of my editing process.
            That would be great!
            Email: Info@Statuserror.co.uk

Comment

• So it has been quite a while. I still take pictures but just happen to be a busy college student. I have been doing a lot of band photography lately so I figured I would share some of that since portraits aren't talked about a lot in this thread.

Provoke, Destroy! by Carter N, on Flickr

Mike by Carter N, on Flickr

Michael M of Provoke, Destroy by Carter N, on Flickr

Justin of Provoke, Destroy by Carter N, on Flickr

Comment

• wots happening, show us wot u've done lately mate

i've done my 4th attemp night painting and frustraed abt the outcome cos only 1 ok shot turn out from the dozen i took....
                give me some advise, anything...lol

Comment

• Try to isolate yourself from other light sources just so you can really get the hang of it, slightly longer exposures, and rather than one pass of light, do multiple so you can see the whole car, not just a band of it. If that makes sense?
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    Try to isolate yourself from other light sources just so you can really get the hang of it, slightly longer exposures, and rather than one pass of light, do multiple so you can see the whole car, not just a band of it. If that makes sense?
                    thx lot kielan,
                    made lot sense for me...

i strolled 40min to find the darkest place around my neighbourhood, single-sided street light sitting under a tree were my best option, then a taxi pulled over behind my car to check out what i was doing lol to that.

i had 20s and i did multiples but maybe cos i was on f14 (i think), i was affraid leaving light streaks on the other side hence focused on 1 side only, plus to increase the reflection....

the streak reflection are pita to get a hang of it.....other pix were like disco going on around my car if u know wot i mean

Comment

• Originally posted by HonDee-A3 View Post

Although I agree with what kielan said, I like this picture a lot... It looks like you are using some sort of LED bar or flashlight, try something florescent for a softer result and I'll disagree with kielan on multiple passes, if you can get a good sized light source, one clean pass can work wonders on a car, unless you're getting really detailed and layer multiple passes. Also I like the taxi lighting up the surroundings a bit, gives depth and character to the shot.

anyways, here is some recent stuff...

Docked by Carter N, on Flickr

Burke Sunset by Carter N, on Flickr

Night Ride to Helen by Carter N, on Flickr

Provoke, Destroy! live at Shaka's by Carter N, on Flickr

The Old Oak by Carter N, on Flickr

Call it Courage! by Carter N, on Flickr

Comment

• nice pix and thanks for the tip carter,
                        yea i was using 10 2-row LED flash light thingy....mayb i will get some matted paper to cover it to turn down the intensity...
                        the streaks r jus too hard, especially doin it solo

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter N View Post
                          Although I agree with what kielan said, I like this picture a lot... It looks like you are using some sort of LED bar or flashlight, try something florescent for a softer result and I'll disagree with kielan on multiple passes, if you can get a good sized light source, one clean pass can work wonders on a car, unless you're getting really detailed and layer multiple passes. Also I like the taxi lighting up the surroundings a bit, gives depth and character to the shot.

anyways, here is some recent stuff...
                          Yeah I was just basing what I said off what I saw in that pic, using that light source. If you can get your hands on a decent sized fluorescent light, that's pretty much ideal, and you will get the much sought after look people go for with light painting, and can do it in a single pass.

+1 on lighting the background in some way.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Care to write a bit about the lighting for the band on the tracks?

It looks like it's 2 strobes?
                            How did you trigger them?
                            Check out the photography thread
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32676

Comment

• one strobe (canon 430exII), 2 shot composite. Triggered with my 7D

Comment

• My first DSLR, any thoughts?

up and down by Darius Sulcius, on Flickr
                                Flickr | Tumblr | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X