No announcement yet.

raw/dry/durty denim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet thread. I have a pair of APC New Cures with about eleven months of wear on them, no washes or soaks. I'm planning on giving them a bath next month.

Here's some photos of mine at nine months, no washes or soaks. White balance was kind of FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU'd.

Note: I now have a two inch hole in the crotch due to riding my bike in them, there's a hole where my wallet is (no pun intended), and a hole where my cell phone is.

Pretty beat up nasty, dirty, girlfriend-******, jeans. My girl hates when I wear them and won't let me near her bed haha. I think I want these as my next pair though.

Japanese and American selvedge denim store in NYC. In 2006, we began selling Japanese denim from our storefront at 8 Greene St. Today, thanks to the support of our loyal customers, we’re extremely proud to have grown the business into an internationally touted premier resource for Japanese and American denim.

Yeeup.

Comment

All my jeans are dirtyish stained b/c roadside repairs and carrying 2nd hand bits and parts from the breakers. I try to keep my business suits clean though.
      sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
      Slowtoys CC

Comment

i can barely see spending $50 on a pair of jeans but i will sell you some of my old clothes for let's say ummmmmmmmmmmmm $1000 each and they have actual wear on them the only thing you might not like is that they don't cut the circulation off to your groin area preventing proper development.
        Last edited by chev_chelios; 05-16-2010, 08:28 AM.

vagina, it's what's for dinner.

Comment

You guys that say you're too cheap to buy them, how many pairs of jeans do you guys typically buy in one year?

I used to buy Levis all the time, I think in one year I counted at least four pairs. At 50 dollars each, they cost more than my 165 dollar APCs and they're not nearly as nice in terms of build quality or strength. Once I wash these bad boys, they'll look dopetastic. My APCs have taken such a beating that my Levis wouldn't be able to hang with. My only gripe is that I wish the rise was higher, which is why I wanted to get something a little more comfortable for my next pair. Those Somét's I posted are "high" rise. I also wanted something Japanese and selvage. Those seem to fit the bill nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Redstar* View Post
            You guys that say you're too cheap to buy them, how many pairs of jeans do you guys typically buy in one year?

I used to buy Levis all the time, I think in one year I counted at least four pairs. At 50 dollars each, they cost more than my 165 dollar APCs and they're not nearly as nice in terms of build quality or strength. Once I wash these bad boys, they'll look dopetastic. My APCs have taken such a beating that my Levis wouldn't be able to hang with. My only gripe is that I wish the rise was higher, which is why I wanted to get something a little more comfortable for my next pair. Those Somét's I posted are "high" rise. I also wanted something Japanese and selvage. Those seem to fit the bill nicely.

Yea.. but then you only have 1 pair of jeans

Flickr

Comment

Yeah and they look sicker than anything else in your wardrobe. I wear my jeans every day. *shrugs*

Comment

yuuuuuuhh levi's 510's.

Comment

[QUOTE=Redstar*;160835]

These are inspirational. I'm wearing APC New standard Petit's right now for about 3-4 months. They are still pretty dark in most places except my back pockets and a few other spots. I just bought some Penguin selvage jeans. I haven't worn them yet, but I got them on sale 40% off, normally $125, so I thought I'd give em a try.

Comment

This thread is relevant to my interests, maybe.

I generally ruin 50% of the jeans I buy within the first 6 months.. I ruined a pair of American Eagles with a Sharpie when I was drawing on a friend's toe and she kicked because it tickled.

So far Levis have been the best I've owned, and at outlet pricing, the best value as well, though not the cheapest. Absolutely no way I'm spending tons of money on jeans though, not the way I use them. And besides, only other denim enthusiasts or observant label whores notice how expensive your pants are- as long as you wear them well.

Comment

Threadbump much?
                      Gotta buy some new denim...my communes got ruined a couple months ago. Gonna head to the local boutique and try some shit on, then probably order online

Comment

Uniqlo are stil the only jeans I will wear. 4 pairs. All 4 cost under $300 combined.
                        I have a pair of old circa stretch-fit denim for when I work on my car, but those don't really count.

Comment

Originally posted by Geschlecht View Post
                          These are inspirational. I'm wearing APC New standard Petit's right now for about 3-4 months. They are still pretty dark in most places except my back pockets and a few other spots. I just bought some Penguin selvage jeans. I haven't worn them yet, but I got them on sale 40% off, normally $125, so I thought I'd give em a try.
                          Thanks. I feel stupid though...

I traded those in for my new pair of Petite Standards (if you trade in your old busted pair you get a new pair half off), unknowingly that my girlfriend was planning on getting me some Petite Standards for my birthday. So now I'm back to one pair of raws again. Those served me well though. I did all sorts of crazy stuff in them. I'll post pics of the post wash later on tonight.

Comment

Being 6'6" 245 doesn't make it easy to find jeans that fit well. Luckily J.Crew caters to my needs, and for $35 a pop at the outlet, I don't go anywhere else.

Comment

Crooks and Castles, or LRG for jeans.
                              Dickies for everything else. lol
                              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                              he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

...i don't think you get it...

Comment

Working...
                                X