X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our lead IT guy has a degree in marketing and Spanish...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      Our lead IT guy has a degree in marketing and Spanish...
      How old is he\how long has he been there?
      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• wow.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• A lot of IT guys have degrees in marketing, its almost a requirement of the field now, as it expands.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            A lot of IT guys have degrees in marketing, its almost a requirement of the field now, as it expands.
            Marketing? Thats news to me.
            I usually see degrees in IT that are tied into management.

Comment

A lot of IT guys have degrees in marketing, its almost a requirement of the field now, as it expands.
              I forgot you're a seasoned veteran of the working world, lol

Comment

• Yup, marketing. A companies IT solutions are gaining more and more important these days, even to the consumer, privacy, and data management are big deals to customers these days. We were having a discussion about this in my IST lab today, it was actually quite interesting.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I forgot you're a seasoned veteran of the working world, lol
                  Well its what I want to do with my life, and my dad ran the IT dept where he worked last, and as they made a shift toward more web based products, the IT dept, became a HUGE focus.

But I mean I guess I can't talk about it because I clearly don't know anything about it, much like I don't know anything about stanced cars because I don't have one, and I don't have any working experience at all...
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                    How old is hehow long has he been there?
                    reason why I ask is that the only time I ever see that these days is because the guy switched into IT when it was booming in the 90's or before they even really had degrees.

The Network admin for my location had a degree in english, but he had gotten into IT back in the 80's when he saw what was going on.

I really doubt we are going to see anything like that ever again.

Comment

Well its what I want to do with my life, and my dad ran the IT dept where he worked last, and as they made a shift toward more web based products, the IT dept, became a HUGE focus.

But I mean I guess I can't talk about it because I clearly don't know anything about it, much like I don't know anything about stanced cars because I don't have one, and I don't have any working experience at all...
                      Sounds like you're talking about selling applications.
                      That is a section of the IT market, not a majority. However right now it IS booming with all the mobile shit and popularity of web based apps, but mark my words it will create another bubble and its going to be bad. But I think that is going to take a couple decades to happen.

Comment

• He's only been with us in IT for less than 5 years.

Kielan, I can assure you that IT departments are not going out searching for marketing majors

Comment

He's only been with us in IT for less than 5 years.

Kielan, I can assure you that IT departments are not going out searching for marketing majors
                          That is wierd, how the hell does someone with no experience become a lead technician

Most places won't even look at you unless you have several years experience in the field.

Comment

• Web based applications are becoming a huge focal point in a ton of areas though, more than you may think. And as more and more companies try and make the shift to greener IT solutions, its becoming even more popular. And people skills are much more in demand for these nerds with no lives.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I never said they had to be marketing majors? I said marketing is something that most schools that teach it require you take with it, and its a desired part companies look for.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• That's what teams are for. IT backs the marketing team. With the exception of small 10 man companies, they don't have one person doing it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X