This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
    Yup, and once you're out in the world you find out it doesn't matter. As long as you have a degree, where its from and what its in really doesn't matter. Degrees show that you can follow through with commitment, not that you're intelligent.
    very true. but at the same time, not having a degree puts you at a huge disadvantage in the job market
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Yup, and once you're out in the world you find out it doesn't matter. As long as you have a degree, where its from and what its in really doesn't matter. Degrees show that you can follow through with commitment, not that you're intelligent.
      this couldnt be truer.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
        very true. but at the same time, not having a degree puts you at a huge disadvantage in the job market
        Which is why I said as long as you have one.

Comment

Which is why I said as long as you have one.
          just thought id throw that out there, since im one of the few people on SW with no education or intentions to get one
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

This is the only reason I decided to man up and finish school.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• certain degrees wont do shit for you though

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
              just thought id throw that out there, since im one of the few people on SW with no education or intentions to get one
              count me in that

Comment

• May not matter to employers where you went to school, but what you learn in school does.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                  I'm entirely uneducated as well.

Comment

I'm entirely uneducated as well.
                    what do you work in?

if you dont mind me asking. you can pm if you dont want to put your business out there

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                      what do you work in?

if you dont mind me asking. you can pm if you dont want to put your business out there
                      I work in channel operations for Hitachi data systems.

Comment

I work in channel operations for Hitachi data systems.
                        cool, that sounds like a job you'd need a degree.

did you land that as a hookup or just straight applied and got it?

Comment

• By job description a bachelors is mandatory. I just got lucky

Comment

• Such a stupid and terrible (not talking about quality) video, but it makes me lol everytime.
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QytrH1D9gac"]YouTube - All he does is win baby win[/ame]

Comment

• Also my pay suffers without a degree

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                                I'm well aware. But really quality of education does matter.
                                Not really unless its a community college vs 4 year vs ivy

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                                Kinda, a degree from an ivy league school vs a state college is a huge difference.
                                And a 4 year degree in IT and working in IT is better than a 4 year in liberal arts or some dumb shit.

I'm going for a 2 year at a community college in MIS, however the actual name of the program is Computer Science, and my actual job is Desktop Technician.
                                I will transfer over to Mass state as they have an online 4 year degree for networking admin.
                                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X