This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    But you love Nissan, yet they make perhaps one the most technically amazing cars ever produced, but you use any of the features and you void the warranties.
    The GTR?
    IIRC they lose money every time they sell one
    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

But you love Nissan, yet they make perhaps one the most technically amazing cars ever produced, but you use any of the features and you void the warranties.
      Everything breaks, nothing runs forever.
      Its just a lot easier make reliable mechanical part then reliable electronics.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

• Why should it be any different in terms of quality control, and ability to beat on? I mean ITS MADE FOR THAT.

No I get that, but saying that Toyota is the only brand that is suffering from tech in their car (which they aren't for the most part), is just silly.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• im proud to say ive never ridden in a e9x non m3

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Why should it be any different in terms of quality control, and ability to beat on? I mean ITS MADE FOR THAT.

Toyota makes econoboxes that if well maintained will run until the end of the universe.
            Have you seen daily driven and reliable 1000whp supra?
            The more performance you pack under that hood the more stress everything has to endure.
            You cant have Bugatti speed with corolla reliability.
            Sorry...

Comment

• HAHAH, Kielan. Stop.
              It is a Econobox, It is engineered for daily use.
              Something with power is going to be abused and the people that are going to race
              will end up using those damned settings and void their claim once it breaks.
              Nissan's transmission problem was mechanical.
              Originally posted by Kielan
              I flip people off cause its the cool thing to do.

Comment

• Racing practically ensures failure, yet with good r&d there can be reliability to a certain extent

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                  Have you seen daily driven and reliable 1000whp supra?
                  The more performance you pack under that hood the more stress everything has to endure.
                  You cant have Bugatti speed with corolla reliability.
                  Sorry...
                  No I mean you drive a Bugatti and you don't void any warranty.

Drive a R35 bound to void something.

Obviously when you start building cars you are going to have problems, but like in Nissan's case the car voided the warranty without actually having to do anything in some cases.

All I'm saying is that you can't say toyota is poor quality when Nissan has done the same thing, and thats just looking at a small portion of the automotive market as a whole, EVERY manufacturer does shit wrong.. You can't say one sucks over the other because they don't produce super cars (which toyota does by the way LFA anyone?)
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Anyway yeah, both arguments are super flawed, and really my points make little sense so whatever, lets just move on and pretend like this never happened...
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Sure and that will fail too, When I was saying Toyota I guess I meant to include Nissan.
                      They both are relics of failure

Comment

Yeah like my friend's uncle did yesterday in his GTR. He kicked in the launch control or something like that and then something blew in the engine/tranny. And now it has voided warranty cause of using launch control.
                        |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
                        Drama you are like god
                        Originally posted by SwearBear
                        Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

• I have to write a paper on how I will see myself in the future. Be back later, sorry to be annoying and spoil a minute.

Comment

No I mean you drive a Bugatti and you don't void any warranty.

Drive a R35 bound to void something.

Obviously when you start building cars you are going to have problems, but like in Nissan's case the car voided the warranty without actually having to do anything in some cases.

All I'm saying is that you can't say toyota is poor quality when Nissan has done the same thing, and thats just looking at a small portion of the automotive market as a whole, EVERY manufacturer does shit wrong.. You can't say one sucks over the other because they don't produce super cars (which toyota does by the way LFA anyone?)
                            I actually wasnt talking about Toyota only.
                            My mom had 2004 maxima and had fair share of problems with it.
                            Every car make has problems, be it Toyota, Honda, BMW, Bentley.
                            Some brands have more problems than others, thats all.
                            In regurds to old cars being more reliable, I would have to say it sounds about right.
                            But in my opinion it is due to the fact that newer cars have more technology.
                            Atm 300hp is pretty standard for newer cars, but I still remember when having 200hp car was something that people were dreaming about. In 93 130hp for 2000cc -2300cc engine was pretty damn reasonable power output. In todays market most of the the cars with that displacement have at minimum 180hp and some even 240hp.
                            In order to gain more power you have to sucrafice reliability and gaing more technology.

Comment

• Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                              I actually wasnt talking about Toyota only.
                              My mom had 2004 maxima and had fair share of problems with it.
                              Every car make has problems, be it Toyota, Honda, BMW, Bentley.
                              Some brands have more problems than others, thats all.
                              In regurds to old cars being more reliable, I would have to say it sounds about right.
                              But in my opinion it is due to the fact that newer cars have more technology.
                              Atm 300hp is pretty standard for newer cars, but I still remember when having 200hp car was something that people were dreaming about. In 93 130hp for 2000cc -2300cc engine was pretty damn reasonable power output. In todays market most of the the cars with that displacement have at minimum 180hp and some even 240hp.
                              In order to gain more power you have to sucrafice reliability and gaing more technology.
                              I wasn't talking about you really there Pavel, only Eric's post which portrayed Toyota that way. My mistake.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I think I want an ISF for my next daily
                                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X