X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nope, but im sure this would interest you dave, since you did car audio stuff. i will be using the scope to tune my new audio system in the e39. zapco amp for the hybrid audio components, 2 15" IB acoustic elegance subs powered by a old school RF amp. going for a full SQ setup. stock headunit and business cd player preserved.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
      yea, even said oscilloscope, not o-scope....and for the record, they dont sell that there. weird that they dont. i have to go over to frys electronics.
      At least you have a Fry's to go to.
      Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
      i would have assumed theyd carry o-scopes there.
      This.
      Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
      nope, but im sure this would interest you dave, since you did car audio stuff. i will be using the scope to tune my new audio system in the e39. zapco amp for the hybrid audio components, 2 15" IB acoustic elegance subs powered by a old school RF amp. going for a full SQ setup.
      That is going to be an awesome setup, I am a bit of a SQ whore myself.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

nope, but im sure this would interest you dave, since you did car audio stuff. i will be using the scope to tune my new audio system in the e39. zapco amp for the hybrid audio components, 2 15" IB acoustic elegance subs powered by a old school RF amp. going for a full SQ setup. stock headunit and business cd player preserved.
        I love the Zapco stuff. i have a customer that has done 6 cars with all Zapco amps. which RF amp are you using?
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          At least you have a Fry's to go to.

This.

That is going to be an awesome setup, I am a bit of a SQ whore myself.
          cool man. didnt know you were into that as well kielan.

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
          I love the Zapco stuff. i have a customer that has done 6 cars with all Zapco amps. which RF amp are you using?
          800.2 . it will sufficient enough to get those 15s moving. since they are IB, it wont take much power. im going to have them fire through the ski pass so they pressurize the cabin. should be good for hitting down to 20hz nice and clean with little to no trunk rattle...along with some second skin sound damping mats.
          Last edited by NegativeCamber; 12-19-2010, 08:36 PM.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

800.2 . it will sufficient enough to get those 15s moving. since they are IB, it wont take much power. im going to have them fire through the ski pass so they pressurize the cabin. should be good for hitting down to 20hz nice and clean with little to no trunk rattle...along with some second skin sound damping mats.
            that is an old amp. back in high school i used to rock RF gear. went through maybe 4 or 5 different amps.

I assume IB = infinite baffle? thats a really efficient way to use them. one trick i heard about when installing subs like that, spray hair spray on the spider to stiffen it up

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
              im always on my game
              That... And your boyfriends face
              cars and stuff

Comment

that is an old amp. back in high school i used to rock RF gear. went through maybe 4 or 5 different amps.

I assume IB = infinite baffle? thats a really efficient way to use them. one trick i heard about when installing subs like that, spray hair spray on the spider to stiffen it up
                yup, same here. alot of the companies arent as good as they were back in the day. soundstream used to be really good and one of my favorites as well. yes, i am using acoustic elegance infinite baffle subs, which are made only for infinite baffle. all of them are hand made and ive been reading nothing but great reviews from diyma to the home audio guys. hopefully its to my liking as well.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

yup, same here. alot of the companies arent as good as they were back in the day. soundstream used to be really good and one of my favorites as well. yes, i am using acoustic elegance infinite baffle subs, which are made only for infinite baffle. all of them are hand made and ive been reading nothing but great reviews from diyma to the home audio guys. hopefully its to my liking as well.
                  youll have to let me know how it sounds when your done. all the IB set ups ive done, the people loved the sound.

Comment

I don't know as much about car audio as I do, home audio. But your setup from what I understand, its going to be quite impressive. 20hz and no rattle, thats pretty sick to do.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

youll have to let me know how it sounds when your done. all the IB set ups ive done, the people loved the sound.

for sure. it will be my first Ib setup, since ive always gone with sealed, but it sounds promising.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

for sure. it will be my first Ib setup, since ive always gone with sealed, but it sounds promising.
                        i usually do sealed as well. but my last system, i tried a vented box, there was nothing about that system i liked, nothing. it was awful sounding. and i was too lazy to do anything about it

Comment

i usually do sealed as well. but my last system, i tried a vented box, there was nothing about that system i liked, nothing. it was awful sounding. and i was too lazy to do anything about it
                          lol, i hear you. i decided to so something with the audio since this car is my daily driver. now the e36 on the other hand, i dont care. mando and i were on our way to SOTU listening to the radio through 1 door speaker, lol.
                          Last edited by NegativeCamber; 12-19-2010, 08:56 PM.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

lol, yea i decided to so something with audio since this car is my daily driver. now the e36 on the other hand, i dont care. mando and i were on our way to SOTU listening to the radio through 1 door speaker, lol.
                            hahahahaha thats classic.

im still on the fence about doing something with my e30

Comment

I don't know as much about car audio as I do, home audio. But your setup from what I understand, its going to be quite impressive. 20hz and no rattle, thats pretty sick to do.
                              thanks man. we'll see how it goes. if i ever decide to do something with home audio, ill be asking you about equipment.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Yeah, so Forza, must happen tonight.
                                not tonight for me, going to watch Top Gear on the history channel. (puts on flame suit)

Comment

Working...
                                X