X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was just checking out this hot chick on fb cause we have a bunch of mutual friends. then i saw her religious view........"Jesus is my boss"

i got the fuck out of that profile hahaha
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
      i was just checking out this hot chick on fb cause we have a bunch of mutual friends. then i saw her religious view........"Jesus is my boss"

bahahahahahaha I know the feeling
      1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
      2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
      flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by kevinc View Post
        bahahahahahaha I know the feeling
        im all set with religious crazies
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          No I know, t'was a joke. And LOL build the motor? Its a Kia....

LOL I kid. You seem to have good plans, I look forward to seeing this done.
          lol

Its easy to make power out of these motors, just not cheap.

A factory Beta II motor (ya I know, not as cool as saying B16a or B18c) will hold and be reliable with 14 psi all day. There is someone who had one at 26 psi stock and it took the boost. Once they took it to 28 psi though it threw a rod. Most stock motors would though.

Pauter makes rods for them, and I think it is Wiseco that makes pistons for them too. But rods are $800 and so are the pistons. By the time I build the bottom end, I'll be about $2200 in the whole. There is a company in Canada that specializes in Kia heads (lol). I can send the head to them and they can port, polish, and make it so it will take 2 mm over valves. I just need to find good springs and retainers.

With boost the factory intake manifold will hold. That too will have to be ported and polished by the crazies in the Great White North. There are also various big bore throttle bodies out there, so that is taken care of. The only real thing left is cams and oil pump. I'm still researching that.

As for the turbo manifold that will probably have to be one-off. I'll probably end up buying a used header for the flange, and then fab up my own manifold. As for the turbo, I'd like to get a GT30R. Something that will allow me to run 20 psi and up, and spool in the late 3k range.

I can use a Tiburon 5 speed tranny because they are a little beefier, and there is a LSD out there for them. As for the clutch, there is a stage 3 that should handle the boost.

As for tuning, there are a few options out there. I'm still learning about that. Injectors from a WRX fit into the Kia fuel rail fit like a glove, so with a higher GPM fuel pump, fuel wise I should be set. All that is really left is a wastegate and a blow off valve.

If you can't tell, I've done my research. This upcoming summer I want to get the stance dialed in. Then the following summer is when I want to do the motor.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
              i was just checking out this hot chick on fb cause we have a bunch of mutual friends. then i saw her religious view........"Jesus is my boss"

Bahhahahahahha sounds exactly like what I would have done.
              Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
              im all set with religious crazies
              Join the club.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Bahhahahahahha sounds exactly like what I would have done.

Join the club.
                I could join too
                1993 BMW 325i Cabrio Mauritius Blau
                2015 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
                flickr

Comment

• That was too much to read so i'll skip that...

I want to go to Sowo.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                  you sir, win this battle.
                  “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

• Originally posted by kevinc View Post
                    I could join too
                    Yes.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Krank View Post
                      That was too much to read so i'll skip that...

I want to go to Sowo.
                      Drive out!

Actually with your luck.... Fly out.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh
                        whats up rt

Comment

Drive out!

Actually with your luck.... Fly out.
                          Bite me. lol

Comment

Bite me. lol
                            I'm sorry, that was a really low blow. I did like your car. Fuck Buick drivers.

But seriously. Make the trip out with the PNW crew, we can show you how the east coast gets down.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I'm sorry, that was a really low blow. I did like your car. Fuck Buick drivers.

But seriously. Make the trip out with the PNW crew, we can show you how the east coast gets down.
                              haha, it's fine, and thanks, I liked the car too, but it gives me a chance to start a fresh project

Yeah all fucking buick drivers should die (except for my grandma, she'll curb stomp all.)

All the guys are fun in the PNW but they probably wouldn't let me ride with them due to my "luck"

And I would not drive that far, fuuck that.

Comment

haha, it's fine, and thanks, I liked the car too, but it gives me a chance to start a fresh project

Yeah all fucking buick drivers should die (except for my grandma, she'll curb stomp all.)

All the guys are fun in the PNW but they probably wouldn't let me ride with them due to my "luck"

And I would not drive that far, fuuck that.
                                Well someone isn't going to meet me when I do my cross country tour..

At least you have a good attitude about it. @ PNW guys not letting you come with then because of your luck.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X