This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    those use a 7/6k i think, you don't rub? as in they are stiff enough to not compress 1/4"?
    Yeah it's retarded...at 15mph the car's ass is bouncing cuz it's so stiff.
    Originally posted by mrfobbyaccent
    i'm sorreh AWWPEHH
    | 95 e36 M3-sold POS | 98 e36 M3-track rat RIP ;( | 90 NA Eunos-lookatme car |

Comment

• hey jesus, remember i was talking to you about the stiffer rates that the broadways have, and how my wheel lips bang the fenders on bigger bumps with my 11k springs out back?

Well i got some 14k springs on the way now to replace them. how much of a difference do you think i'll notice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zayan View Post
        Like I said, I just have the collar all the way down (other collars removed) and the shock body as high as possible while maintaining my ride height (as low as I can go without doing some major cutting and welding of the top of my wheel well.
        I don't rub unless I hit a bigass bump.
        I can rail corners with now worry tho.
        interesting, I did a set up for fortune with 10k all around and the dude loved it.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibaltic View Post
          hey jesus, remember i was talking to you about the stiffer rates that the broadways have, and how my wheel lips bang the fenders on bigger bumps with my 11k springs out back?

Well i got some 14k springs on the way now to replace them. how much of a difference do you think i'll notice?
          I think you should have went at least 16k man
          i'm sorreh AWWPEHH

Comment

I think you should have went at least 16k man
            E46 struts mounts suck ass, they crack and shit lol
            I dislike Byron.

Comment

interesting, I did a set up for fortune with 10k all around and the dude loved it.
              Yeah I would run way stiffer rates if I had the money to buy springs.
              The whole shock body shit makes it ride like ass.
              One time I experimented by putting the shock body all the way up as much as possible and filled the tires to 55psi....damn it was the stiffest thing I had ever been in. Hands down.
              My pecks were irritating me like a bitch bouncing up and down like a pair of double Ds.
              My girl would yelp in pain even with a sports bra on.
              That shit didn't last for more than 2 days lol.
              Last edited by Zayan; 04-05-2012, 11:48 PM.
              i'm sorreh AWWPEHH

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                E46 struts mounts suck ass, they crack and shit lol
                Yeah i seent that before on my GF's dad's e46 on H&R race springs lol.
                But yeah reinforce them bitches somehow.
                i'm sorreh AWWPEHH

Comment

hey jesus, remember i was talking to you about the stiffer rates that the broadways have, and how my wheel lips bang the fenders on bigger bumps with my 11k springs out back?

i dont think FF2 are valved to get stiff enough (i believe on the full stiff setting its for a 12k 6") so you might get some bounce. The difference in ride quality comes from the damper but in terms of not letting you hit the fender it should help but the ride quality will decrease a bit but nothing crazy.

Comment

• 10k is plenty stiff up front. but the back just keeps beating the shit out of my wheels on my fender lips

if i could get this to stop happening i could actually go lower in the back finally

Comment

the back just keeps beating the shit out of my wheels on my fender lips
                      pull fender a bit more+lower it a lot more+tuck like crazy=gangster
                      i'm sorreh AWWPEHH

Comment

i dont think FF2 are valved to get stiff enough (i believe on the full stiff setting its for a 12k 6") so you might get some bounce. The difference in ride quality comes from the damper but in terms of not letting you hit the fender it should help but the ride quality will decrease a bit but nothing crazy.
                        is there some place i could get the valving/dampening customized to help with the ride quality at all with the new spring rates?

Comment

• Yeah, a lot of that is in the dampers valving. 2k out of spec isnt bad though, you will mostly feel it in dips where you'll get a quick bounce. put em on full stiff and bang out.

Comment

Exaclty what I did haha. Car just tucked 18s lol
                            I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Lol at just wildly ordering springs with no regard to the physics of your suspension.

Comment

i'm hoping to get the fender lips cut out, they're still over and 1/8" thick because of that sealant stuff that comes in them. I wasn't able to get it out. my friend's family owns a body shop and he said he'd cut me a deal on cutting them out, so i dont know, we'll see how the money situation is since i'll be working more consistent hours being out of school and all.

Comment

Working...
                                X