• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morning cunts!
    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
      That's the part that doesn't make sense though. What's a chisel for? Cutting/ breaking things. Screwdrivers? Screwing (insert Quagmire laugh here), prybars? Prying. Tools are meant to be used and often times, they're used for things they really shouldn't be used for because you have to. Even when using them for what they're meant for, they fail. I've got a full set of Snap-On stuff as well as a set of Craftsman stuff. If I was to keep my "nice tools" in pristine shape and only use HF tools, what's the point of the "nice tools"? Display? Fuck that.
      To me though, getting that chisel that I can use for its intended purpose saves me from having to go to the store to get a new flathead when I need it and its broken. I would rather kep my screw driver tips nice, that could be the difference in a screw coming out or the ass pain of cutting it out when it strips.

I buy tools when I can find deals not when I need them for the fact that I have them when I need them. I bought a 2ft pry bar a couple years ago for $3 brand new from lowes, that is cheaper than the price of a new long screwdriver.

Recently I bought a 14 pc socket set of brand new 6pt easy easy metric 1/2 craftsman USA sockets. I paid $16 bucks, retail would be well over that. I now have a complete set of shallow metric 1/2 sockets save for a couple of 12pters

Comment

• I don't even use my tools. I just polish them and wax them and display them on the mantle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
          I don't even use my tools. I just polish them and wax them and display them on the mantle.
          I do need to clean some of my tools. I just did a ratchet disassemble, clean, and re grease. Holy hell it is soo smooth.

Comment

• I buy a few screwdrivers from the used building store once in a while just for sacrificing. I've got one that's shaved down to punch the roll pin out of Subaru axles and one bent to fit in the flywheel to lock the engine when I need to pull the harmonic dampner. I think they were 25 cents a piece.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
              I buy a few screwdrivers from the used building store once in a while just for sacrificing. I've got one that's shaved down to punch the roll pin out of Subaru axles and one bent to fit in the flywheel to lock the engine when I need to pull the harmonic dampner. I think they were 25 cents a piece.
              Garage sales are great for tools like this.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                To me though, getting that chisel that I can use for its intended purpose saves me from having to go to the store to get a new flathead when I need it and its broken. I would rather kep my screw driver tips nice, that could be the difference in a screw coming out or the ass pain of cutting it out when it strips.

I buy tools when I can find deals not when I need them for the fact that I have them when I need them. I bought a 2ft pry bar a couple years ago for $3 brand new from lowes, that is cheaper than the price of a new long screwdriver.

Recently I bought a 14 pc socket set of brand new 6pt easy easy metric 1/2 craftsman USA sockets. I paid $16 bucks, retail would be well over that. I now have a complete set of shallow metric 1/2 sockets save for a couple of 12pters
                I'm not disagreeing one bit. The thing is, you said use a chisel for prying when its not meant for that. This discussion can go on and on. If there were more space for using a pry bar rather than a BFS, believe me, I'd use that instead. Sometimes, you gotta adapt what something is used for to finish the job. It sucks but its the nature of the beast.
                Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                I don't even use my tools. I just polish them and wax them and display them on the mantle.
                You have a mantle? I thought you just burned shit in the yard.
                Sup. Call me Z.
                My Accord "build".

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                  I buy a few screwdrivers from the used building store once in a while just for sacrificing. I've got one that's shaved down to punch the roll pin out of Subaru axles and one bent to fit in the flywheel to lock the engine when I need to pull the harmonic dampner. I think they were 25 cents a piece.
                  *Dampener

But like Chris said, garage/ estate sales are great for shit like that. Hell, my tool cart/ box in my garage was an estate sale find for $75. Had I bought it new, it would've been well over $500.
                  Sup. Call me Z.
                  My Accord "build".

Comment

I'm not disagreeing one bit. The thing is, you said use a chisel for prying when its not meant for that. This discussion can go on and on. If there were more space for using a pry bar rather than a BFS, believe me, I'd use that instead. Sometimes, you gotta adapt what something is used for to finish the job. It sucks but its the nature of the beast.

You have a mantle? I thought you just burned shit in the yard.
                    Get a better pry bar set

I am fairly satisfied with my tool collection as of now. I do need some better pliers, and air tools/compressor. But I can do damn near anything in my garage at this point.

Comment

• I need to find some estate sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                        Get a better pry bar set

I am fairly satisfied with my tool collection as of now. I do need some better pliers, and air tools/compressor. But I can do damn near anything in my garage at this point.
                        Yeah, I could use a better pry bar set but that shit costs dinero and I don't have dinero.
                        Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                        I need to find some estate sales.
                        Yeah. I got lucky with that tool box. It was loaded with so much shit, more shit than tools, I had the guy that sold it to me clear it out. None of it was useful to me. Gave it a good cleaning and resprayed it. Good as new.
                        Sup. Call me Z.
                        My Accord "build".

Comment

*Dampener

But like Chris said, garage/ estate sales are great for shit like that. Hell, my tool cart/ box in my garage was an estate sale find for $75. Had I bought it new, it would've been well over $500.
                          *Damper. Dampener would mean you're adding moisture. Amateurs.

I wish there were more garage sales so I could buy old tools. Old, used stuff has a certain character about it.
                          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• This is why we can't have nice things.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              *Damper. Dampener would mean you're adding moisture. Amateurs.

I wish there were more garage sales so I could buy old tools. Old, used stuff has a certain character about it.
                              You're not supposed to make it moist so it works better? I've must've been doing it all wrong all these years.
                              Sup. Call me Z.
                              My Accord "build".

Comment

• Damper day up in here

Comment

Working...
                                X