No announcement yet.

Pet Peeves & Things That Annoy You Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gives the GTP a bad name. Well, the GTP gives itself a bad name but I've always secretly wanted one.
    Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

• SPAM BOTs and threads like this

from unknowns

progress IS a slow process

Comment

• Forums. Forums irritate me.
        Sup. Call me Z.
        My Accord "build".

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
          I work with a guy who loves himself.

We all know that one guy at work who really likes himself, who says he can do something better than you, or who thinks he's better than you in some way.

Oh no.

This guy is beyond that.

You don't know what a one-upper is until you've met this guy.

I walk by this guy's office almost every day (Oh, you get in at 7:30am? Yeah well he gets in at 7am after his rigorous hour-long workout beforehand) to get to my office at work. And, more often than not, I overhear stories of his glorious life. Sometimes I only catch a few seconds of him talking about his prized trophy hunt he did in Africa while he was in the Navy (I don't even fucking know), other times he's bragging about how he magically gets 35mpg in his Chevy Malibu every day. Here's a few little pieces I've collected in the past week.

"...yeah, yeah we went on this old retired NAVY ship on our vacation one year, and while we were in the galley, the captain said, 'raise your hand if you've ever served on one of these ships' and you know what? I was the only one who raised my hand. Captain shook my hand and almost cried with happiness. He gave my wife and I a private tour of the rest of the ship, then we had dinner with him for free!..."

"...yeah, your son got a small buck this year huh? I got a 10-point buck and didn't even have to dress up! You see I hung my dirty laundry on my tree stand so the deer would get used to the smell, and then they'd get used to seeing the clothes in the tree! And when I walk to my stand? I wiped peanut butter on the bottoms of my boots. Lead all the deer right to me!" (Hint: this shit doesn't fucking work)

"...so I traded in my GTP a few weeks ago, I'm gonna miss that car. What a rocket ship! I used to race Corvettes from stop lights and beat 'em every time, as soon as the supercharger kicked in I was gone!" "...I ended up buying a '12 Malibu, man it's mint! Nicest interior I've ever seen on a car! I average like 30mpg with it, too, and I don't drive like a grandpa!"

"...you should get a LinkedIn account! You've never heard of it? Here, look at my profile. I get compliments all the time on how perfect mine is. I keep getting job offers all over the country, but I turn them all down."

I can't even make this stuff up. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion: you don't want to see it or hear it, but you just can't look away .
          tape a mic to your chest one day and just go in his office and troll him with just making up some one uppers for his one uppers lol

IG: Nick475

Comment

• I **** people who get mad at me because I make a joke about something that doesn't effect them in any way. For example, if I make a mexican joke, the only people who will get offended or pissed at me are the ones who aren't mexican. Mexicans will laugh at it. Also, people who get mad for at people who are for gay marriage or legalizing weed. Anybody who doesn't smoke weed or isn't gay has absolutely no reason to have a say in this. The way I see things, if it isn't going to effect you in any way, shape, or form, then don't worry about it.
            '93 Mercury Sable GS (R.I.P.)
            '00 Chevrolet s10 Blazer LT 4x4 (R.I.P.)
            '93 Ford Probe GT

Comment

• D-bags in lifted trucks
              Seeing "Roll Tide" on everything every time I open my eyes
              Those ugly ass sandals frat stars & sorostitues wear
              When the people in the drive thru keep interrupting you when you try to order
              Monograms on everything
              Donks
              Ignorant people
              Online classes
              People who can't do the speed limit
              Soccer moms driving land yachts
              People who walk slow everywhere on campus, especially crosswalks
              1993 BMW 325i
              2001 BMW 330ci vert
              2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Comment

• People that cross crosswalks slower than molasses
                Last edited by Stancyeze; 03-28-2014, 01:19 PM.
                Instagram: @mattragsdale
                '97 M3 build

Comment

• Shitty tattoos.
                  on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

• ^ this ,altough I can appreciate the artwort. I **** cheapass crappy ones. friend of mine has a tattoo of a girl, it's so messed up it Looks sorta like MJ on crack. Me and my friends make fun of it every day,

Oh

I cant stand overpriced fines in the netherlands, a ticket for nog calling hands free Costs €230,- thats around $317,-

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                    "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

• People who ask if they can join LR
                      d bags in ricers
                      wiggers
                      10 year olds on gta
                      ignorant people at school
                      people who honk for stupid reasons
                      my classmates
                      ricers who rev their cars
                      crap talkers
                      when a room your in has bad outlet placement
                      people who spit gum on the floor
                      messy people
                      people who don't take care of their nice cars
                      ashy arms and legs
                      people who bite their nails
                      wires & wiring

Comment

• This never-ending worthless piece of shit winter season.
                        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                        Originally posted by Ollie
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• A big pet peeve of mine is when people don't rinse their dishes off before putting them in the dashwasher.

My girlfriend's biggest pet peeve is when we're eating at a restaurant and the waiter/waitress fills her glass of water back up to the top when she only drank a little bit out of it. Don't ask me why. lol. When they come around to do it sometimes she starts drinking out of it so they just skip over her.

Comment

• There's nothing I love quite so much as car sellers who think they can pass off some hunk of shit as a gem if they just talk fast enough.

Went to go look at a W114 yesterday for a friend. The car looked lovely inside and out, but the moment the dude fired the car up, something was wrong. I knew it needed a headgasket before we arrived, but suddenly fucking EVERYTHING was wrong with the drivetrain. Talking to him was like talking to a 5-year-old that's trying (unsuccessfully) to cover up a lie:

"How come the air conditioner doesn't work?"
                            "Uh, the belt's off. Needs a new belt."
                            "Yeah, but why's the belt off?"
                            "Ummm... 'cause the headgasket."
                            "What? No. The condenser is leaking, you can see the corrosion from the R12 right here. So it needs a condenser and to be converted to R134a. And what's going on with it running on 5 cylinders at idle?"
                            "Yeah, it smooths right out."
                            "Right, but it's still running on 5 cylinders."
                            "Yeah, it's 'cause the headgasket needs did."

Spun it around the block, engine wouldn't idle when in gear. Died at a stop light, and wouldn't go back into drive. Transmission banged around when shifting. Started overheating after only a few blocks, and when we limped back to the owner's house, it died again and would no longer restart because the generator wasn't charging.

"Generator's busted, it won't start, 'cause it's got no juice in the battery."
                            "Nah, you floodin' it, you been floodin' it."
                            "Whatever. So, what's up with this receipt in the paperwork that says it's already had the headgasket done?"
                            "Yeah, that's an estimate for the headgasket."
                            "So, all this other work on this sheet, the brake job and the new flex discs, is that an estimate too?"
                            "Nah, I paid that shit, I paid all that shit."
                            "So, you've done everything on this sheet but the headgasket?"
                            "Nah, I paid all the shit on that sheet."
                            "So it's had the headgasket done."
                            "Yeah, I did the headgasket."
                            "But you're saying it needs a headgasket."
                            "Yeah, it needs a headgasket."
                            "But you JUST SAID it just had the headgasket done and the head decked, so that can't be the problem, it has to be something else."
                            "Yeah, I guess. I had the headgasket done, it's on that sheet."
                            "So why's it barfing coolant into a combustion chamber?"
                            "'Cause the headgasket needs did."

Fucking hell. Told my friend the car was a shitbox and we rolled. Shame too, cosmetically the car was very clean, but if I can't get a straight answer on what's been done to the car that old, then no fucking way. If it were $1000, maybe I could be bothered to find a new head and transmission and sort out all the other bullshit, but the car was overpriced by a grand, even if it were more mechanically-sound.
                            Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 04-07-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• I wouldn't even waste my time with a crackhead like that.
                              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                              Originally posted by Ollie
                              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by sleeps View Post
                                People who come to your store and tell others that they can buy the same stuff for cheaper else where...

Then go the **** elsewhere!
                                I worked at a BMX shop for a while in high school, we made it policy to kick people out who tried to haggle us with online mailorder pricing. Fuck them, kids like that are the reason we have very little good local bmx/skate shops
                                Instagram @l0w1if3

Comment

Working...
                                X