No announcement yet.

Honda Ruckus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love modded Ruckuses, and I have a few friends with them, but I feel that the headlights are an integral part of the style of the vehicle, and give it that rugged look that helps define the overall Ruckus aesthetic.

Therefore, I don't dig the modded headlight assemblies, but everything else is awesome. GY6 swaps are super common out here, but I'd need a motorcycle license for it (you don't need an m-license for engines under 50cc, and the Ruckus is 49cc) and I wouldn't risk getting pulled over by a cop who knows the difference between a 50cc motor and something larger.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• FMU needs to build a Ruckus!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JSanders View Post
        FMU needs to build a Ruckus!!!
        ANDREW needs to build a Ruckus. And I will. But I've got a lot of maintenance to tackle on my other, more expensive Honda first.

Ruckuses aren't really our cup of tea, mostly because they're carbureted, and OJ swears by fuel injection.

If an S54 could fit in there, we'd have already made it.

But my favorite part about the Ruckus is that it's so easy to mod, and relatively cheap to do so, as well. I want to buy a new, unmodified one (I'm tired of buying used, I want something that's only been touched by my own hands) and start from the ground up. I have a few friends here with experience modding them, so it shouldn't be too intense and over my head. Hell, I took two years of electrical engineering classes at one of the best universities for that shit in the nation, so I think I've got this.

Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 09-07-2011, 10:19 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• If I can put one back together, anybody can.

Comment

• A ruckus is so basic. If you can stance a car yourself... you already have all the tool skills you need to rebuild a moped.

Honestly, it's just a really "fast" lawn mower.
            Currently on two wheels, year round.

Comment

• if you have any questions just ask here or http://totalruckus.com/
              Currently on two wheels, year round.

Comment

• not a ruckus but looks like one ish haha

Comment

• Originally posted by iamadam View Post
                  http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2PcpaN...ghter-fun.html

not a ruckus but looks like one ish haha
                  Whaaaaaaaaaat

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Currently on two wheels, year round.

Comment

• ive seen the red turbo one at the fatlcae klassik and make me want one so bad

@finalbossjosh

Comment

• i was thinking... how expensive is to modify ruckus like that?

because, they're simply amazing, but can't find the model in Europe, maybe different model name?

flickr

Comment

• Jup honda zoomer

Comment

• Originally posted by projektzwo View Post
                            i was thinking... how expensive is to modify ruckus like that?

because, they're simply amazing, but can't find the model in Europe, maybe different model name?
                            Doesn't really cost much. Of course it depends on how you shop, and how far you go.

I only spent a few hundred modifying mine a little bit. Cost goes up much more when you look at wide (more than 5") fatty kits, engine swaps, bespoke extensions etc.

Comment

• I like the look of the ones you guys keep posting, but in the pictures it seems so small idk how it would be comfy to ride, I really would like to find a local one here or check the honda store and take a quick ride. Keep the pics rollin

Comment

• Threw my whole "rat" project around. Has a bit of paint on it now and is going
                                to be more like a bobber. Tucked wires in the handle bars and some other stuff
                                I still need to figure out

Comment

Working...
                                X